Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Obagi Review Week 2
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 10:23 am      Reply with quote
I must admit, I slacked a bit this last week. I got pretty sick and had a marathon Sunday, so I must have skipped 3 applications total. But I used sunscreen. Hopefully that's ok!

Despite slacking, I was experiencing a lot more peeling and redness. Also some afternoon flushing (perhaps what hot flashed feel like!).

However, today the peeling is gone (from skipped applications?). I've also noticed that I have more pimples coming up and blackheads are MUCH more prominent. I'm hoping they're just coming up and OUT! Smile My skin also feels very tight towards mid-afternoon and I get quite shiny. I've stopped using foundation, just a press-on powder.

Overall, skin is very smooth and lines on my forehead seem to be getting thinner. Still haven't noticed melasma fading or skin evening out (much). But it's only been 2 weeks.

I'm still happy and will be better at not missing any more applications!
sart48
5% products discount

Tue May 23, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on day 4 and am flaking. Under my eyes is the worst part...red looking with using the BE. Hope it will be worth it. 53 here...skin is still good though. Using it on my neck too.

Wed May 24, 2006 1:09 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the update! I'd suggest that you keep all the updates in the one thread though, rather than starting new ones, otherwise others (especially people who join the forum in the middle of your new routine) will find it difficult to follow and will not know how many parts there are or where to find them. TIA Smile
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Good Idea Mabsy, thanks!

sart48--are you using the retinol/Retin-A as well? I flaked a LITTLE byt he corner of my eyes, but not too bad.

Today, my skin is totally breaking out. I feel very gross, but will keep it up!
sart48
5% products discount

Tue May 30, 2006 6:56 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I'm using the Retin-A. Still flaking...but skin is looking better. The age spots...sunspots...whatever you want to call them...are getting a little lighter. I start using the Clear today. The only place that really hurt was when I put the stuff on my neck...will try every two days. It was beet read and hurt...a little peeling but not much. Flaking a lot around my mouth area and eyes...good sign I hope.

Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
Any progress ladies? I'm debating whether or not to start on Obagi, so I'm awaiting your next enstallment eagerly :
I think I have kinda moderate sun damage and some pigmentation from birth control (I've been off for a yr but the spots are slow to fade). Was wondering if Obagi is worth it.
Also, I wear sunblock, but I am out in the sun most the summer (biking/hiking in calif). Is it counter productive to be trying to lighten my skin while I'm getting exposure? Anyone notice any differences using lighteners say winter vs summer?
Thanks, L
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I am doing microderms in conjuction with using Obagi and have been struggling with my face breaking out the past 3 weeks. It's really been bothering me but it's getting much better and I know all that junk isn't deep inside my skin anymore. When I went to my microderm today, the PA said that even though I was experiencing a very noticable adjustment, my cheek and nose area looked incredibly clear and healthy.

It looked even better after the microderm, and I'm starting to not be so stressed about "the uglies". (VERY rightfully named!)

In my regimine, I use Tretinoin, and you're supposed to avoid direct sun exposure as much as possible, not so much because it's counter productive, as it is harsh on your increasingly sensitive skin. You may dry out excessively and burn easily, but your doctor will know best.
Rara

Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
thnsk for the info. Mayeb I'll wait til winter.
Micorderm at the same time. That seems intensive! I thought some of the products did that anyway?
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:16 am      Reply with quote
The place I went to recommends you do them both together, I actually got 2 microderms for free because I bought the Obagi system.

The products mostly even out your skintone and the Tretinoin is what gets rid of the excess layers of skin, but the microderms help with the peeling from that. Then the medicine doesn't have so much of a barrier working against it.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great, what did u buy from obagi?
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I too thought the redness, flushing and peeling would never stop, almost 6 months for me. People looked at me weird I almost glowed with redness. But now everyone wants to know what I use. Hang in there! My obagi posts are under terrific in this forum, if you want more info. Just don't look at my spelling, apparently 'retin A' correct spelling is not picked up by spell check. Oh well, just because I am a teacher doesn't mean I can spell.
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
yaling111,

I bought the whole Nu-Derm system for Combination/Oily skin. EDS has it for about $100 less than I paid, so I'll probably get it here next.
sart48
5% products discount

Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
The SPA I buy from has it for the same prices as EDS, plus I am able to get the Retin-A without having to go to a dermatologist because they have a dermatologist as their Medical Director and the aestician is trained to distribute and follow the progress of the Obagi regimen. I truly love this product and evey day is better than the last!!! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Mine included the Retin-A also, I forgot to add.

I really love this product too, it's the first thing that's had noticable results to myself and others. I had a really hard time adjusting to the first couple weeks, not gonna lie, it was rough! But I totally think it was worth it.

I was hesitant to add other products and risk messing it up, but I did anyway and I think it's worked out for the better. I started using the Green Apple Peel which helped with the peeling skin A LOT, and I also added the Lancome Vitamin C serum from their microderm line; I think it helped with the redness in the areas my skin broke out.
sart48
5% products discount

Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I'm going to order the green apple peel today.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |