Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Bare Naked Face for Midsummer Night Sleeps
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've conducted a new skin care experiment on myself for the last few days that I think I should share it with you. I have very sensitive, reactive and kind of oily skin. And I love to try all kind of new products. Most of the times I'm quite happy with the result, but many times I have to suffer with my skin bad behaviors: break out, red rash, large pores, etc. & etc. Crying or Very sad

A few nights ago, after cleansing my face with my favorite "MD Formulations with Glycolic Cleanser", I decided not to put on any toner or moisturizer and also skipped my eye cream. What agony! I'm telling you.

At bedtime, I just drink a few gulps of warm milk, then turn off my AC and open my window just a little bit to get fresh air. I also try to sleep on my back instead of on my favorite right side.

Around midnight, I woke up to use my bathroom, looking at my face in the mirror ( not a very pretty picture), I could see it was a little bit oily but not too greasy like when I use nightcream. I, then, just used some facial tissue to wipe of the oil on my nose and the skin around it and went back to bed.

The morning after, checking at my skin, I was quite supprised and happy to see that my skin looked very fresh, no pores, no grease...So I just used cool water to wash it, then put on my toner, moisturizer and sun protection, some concealer, some powder, some colour on my cheeks and lips, some mascara and I'm ready for the new day.

I will continue this experiment for a few more days to see what really happens. Maybe, I can only do this in Summer when my skin is still all right without any moisturizer.
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 23, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Hay Babyfish, Where do you live where you can sleep w/o AC towards the end of May. Ah, to be able to sleep with the window open with a cool breeze and of course no traffic noise, what a fantasy! Good luck with your experiment, Janet.
Mabsy

Wed May 24, 2006 1:20 am      Reply with quote
Just be careful as the MDF glycolic can be drying after a while. I wasn't using a moisturiser at night while I was doing the Dr Hauschka prescribed routine but at the time I wasn't using any AHA products either.

Good luck and keep us posted Smile
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 7:37 am      Reply with quote
babyfish your skin sounds alot like mine so I am very interested in your "experiment". What type of climate do you live in? I wonder if this would work for me during the summer even though I live in the desert?

Keep us posted!
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I live in Vancouver, BC, Canada, EDS hometown. Yes, and it's one of the best places to live. I believe we have temperate rainforest climate. There's lots of rain. Good for your skin but not for your bones.

About my skin experiment, after one week of being bare naked ( on my face only) at sleeps, my conclusion is: I really need some moisturizer even at night, especially for around the eyes and on my cheeks. My favorite one right now is Decleor Aromessence Rose D'Orient Night Balm.It's truly a heaven-sent skin saver for my ridiculously reactive skin.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
babyfish - what does Decleor Aromessence Rose D'Orient Night Balm do for you? Does it make you more or less oily? Thanks.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
tidieu, Decleor Rose D'Orient Night Balm is truly my skin saver any time it starts to behave.

My skin is very reactive since I was a baby.

It's so pale and thin and allergic to almost everything: pets' hair, dust, heat,wool, antibiotics, wine, soap, flower, grass, new food... on and on and on...

I don't really have eczema.

My skin rash is more like hives and it can be anywhere on my body and not just the face, but on the face are the ones that ruin my day.

It can happen without warning when I'm under stress or when I'm excited or just plain happier with those red rash on my forehead, between my eye brows or around my eyes.

And it lasts just about less than an hour, then it's gone leaving no mark if I don't scratch it.
Working all day with the computer definitely makes the condition worse.

Decleor Rose D'Orient Night Balm really soothes and protects my skin overnight.

I use very little of it, rub it on my balm and dab it under my eyes and my cheeks and my forehead and on any place that itch before going to bed any time I feel the threat of a rash is blooming.

I can also say that it helps control my combination skin from being too oily on the T-zone and dry the rest.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
babyfish thanks for your update and thanks for the info on the Decleor balm. It sounds like something I would be interested in.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |