Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:Choose Dr Hauschka suscreen if you don't want a tan
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, this is the second time that Dr Hauschka Sunscreen Lotion SPF15 has come away with me to a tropical climate and sweltering heat. The power of this sunscreen is really admirable Very Happy I was using it for the first four days when I was on the beach and in the sea all day, and I did not have a tan line. I was literally as pale as when we arrived. The ingredients in this sunscreen are organic and natural and it can be used on children, it is water-resistant and pleasant to use. I would highly recommend this to anyone who burns easily or would prefer not to tan.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi Smoothskin,

Is this for face or body? I'm looking for a sunscreen that will not make me tan because this june I'll be heading to the Bahamas and don't want to tan. I usually apply layer and layer of sunscreen from coppertone spf 55 on body and spf 30 on face, but i still tan. Do you think it depends on your skin type if you tan easily or not?
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Wow - sounds like one powerful sunscreen. How often did you reapply?
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi qisme615, it is for face and body and I have to add that I have never had any break-outs from this on my face allthough the texture is quite rich. Some people tan easier than others, and some burn easier than others, so another piece of information I should have included is that I normally tan very well. In fact, after four days, I decided to switch to another sunscreen to get a bit of colour this time. I have used the Dr Hauscka sunscreen exclusively on another holiday and had no colour at all when I got back. It also comes in SPF 20 and 22. I hope this helps Smile
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I tan easily too so this may work for me. One more question, what is your skin type (if you don't mind me asking). Because I have combination skin, t-zone and always had a problem with the sunscreen making it extra oily than leading to break out.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi chimera, my applications varied according to how long I spent in the sea - it is water resistant so if I only had a quick dip and dried in the sun, I could usually still feel the product on the skin. If I was swimming for longer; I would re-apply.

Hi qisme615, my skin type is combination and I am surprised I did not break out from this as the texture is quite rich. In fact, I am more likely to break out from a chemical sunscreen.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 8:44 am      Reply with quote
You also have combo skin, so this might work for me and this is also water resistant. Great. I will definitely check this out. Thank you for all your help. Very Happy
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
You are very welcome, it is just such a great product I had to share Smile
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Does this sunscreen make you look shiny/oily? I have oily skin so I am looking for a good sunscreen that does not make me look like an oil slick.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Hi tidieu, it leaves that white coat on your skin so it is not suitable as a city block, this is beach only. I'll tell you a really good natural city block is the Devita SPF 30 which I have also written a review of here.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Smoothskin! I'll search for the review.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
It is called review: physical sunscreen SPF30 suitable for every day use.
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I finished a whole tube of Dr. H's SPF20 cream last summer. It was grease when I put it on my face, luckily I didn't get any break-out from it. I usually covered it with mineral makeup so it looked ok. So at the end of last year, I bought another tube of SPF15 lotion.

The lotion is more light-weight than the cream but it still leaves a white cast and slightly greasy feeling on my face. Besides, I've switched back to liquid foundation after getting tired of all the mineral powder.... My makeup won't last very long if I use the SPF15 lotion underneath.

But I do agree that Dr H's sunscreen does a great job to prevent my skin from getting tanned. Recently, I tried Aveeno's new SPF40 sunscreen, which is solely a chemical sunscreen without Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide. My face was totally tanned after I used it for two weeks. Shock Shock
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yikes about the Aveeno sunscreen!! I'm super sensitive to chemical sunscreens, so I stick to zinc or titanium dioxide--- I get the feeling they work better, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
neroliwater wrote:
Recently, I tried Aveeno's new SPF40 sunscreen, which is solely a chemical sunscreen without Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide. My face was totally tanned after I used it for two weeks. Shock Shock

It just shows that the number of a sunscreen means very little and it is still a long way to go before this is properly regulated...
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, I am tempted to look at this for when I have used up my Avene, I fancy a change...any excuse really to buy Dr Hauschka Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Hi rosebud, it smells lovely as well...
andi
5% products discount

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:48 am      Reply with quote
Funny you say it about the smell. I think I have a very sensitive nose, but can't use Dr hauscka, the smell is so irritating
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a fan of the DH sunblock as well. In fact, I think it might have been the first DH product I tried. (I was looking for sunblock that contained no parabens, and at the time the only other one I could find was Kiss My Face. Interestingly, I had to reject that one because my husband loathed the smell.)
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:06 pm      Reply with quote
It is one of the few products I buy again and again. It really does the job!
ellyp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Based on these reviews, I went out and bought the Dr. H sunblock for sensitive skin (and kids). I'm very pale but it does have a definite white cast on me which I'm not crazy about. Yet, I LOVE this lotion! I don't get any color and my acne and skin texture is always better at the end of the day. I want to invest in the Translucent Bronzer next so that I can mix it with this sunscreen.

I don't use this sunscreen every day though. Sadly, I've been indoors a whole lot because I just had a baby. We should be getting out more once all our family leaves and I attempt to drag my three boys to the pool for some fun. I will be able to really test it out then.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 10, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ellyp, I think it would work really well to mix the bronzing concentrate or any bronzing gel with this sunscree. I will try it myself Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:14 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |