Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Switch from PC/windows to MAC
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Just curious if anyone has switched from a PC to a MAC. Was it easy to figure out or hard as hell to deal with. I'm really intrigued by Apple but the only people I know who have them are techy people and don't really believe them when they say it's easy...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not super techy (my SO is) and I LOVE MAC. I've been using them for about 10 years now, but I also have used PC's during that time. I think MACs are easier to use, but then I might be a little biased.

Some good things about MACs (in my opinion):

You're more protected on the internet as there aren't many viruses going around written for MACs, whereas PCs are always being bombarded with the latest virus.

I don't think there is a huge learning curve. The OS is different, but once you play around with it a bit, you'll get the hang of it really quickly.

Overall, I think the OS is more stable than Windows.

Now with the new Intel chips, you can also load Windows on the MAC, so you have the best of both worlds.

I think design wise they are very progressive ... I love the look of MACs.

They're FUN! Like the laptop I just bought ... has a camera built into the lid of the laptop that you can use for chatting or just playing around with their Photo Booth program. They have a program called Garage Band where you can make your own music. iPhoto is a great program to keep track of all your photos.

I'm probably forgetting some other things ... but overall, I just really enjoy using a MAC over a PC. PC's are OK, but there's some "cool" factor to a MAC. Smile

I think a great thing would be for you to go to a store that carries MAC's and play around with them. You'll see ... soon you'll be a convert too! Very Happy
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I bought my first PC in 1999 - an IBM desktop and stuck with it for 2 years, a gazillion freeze ups, crashes, virii scares, spyware, unfathomable maintenance tasks (like pruning the registry or some such geekspeak) Sad Finally my brother talked me into getting a Mac and although I'm by no means teckky, I've found every moment in front of my Mac to be sheer pleasure. Mac's are virtually indestructible, you can't screw up with them. As Moonstarr said, they have loads of cool features, virii free, spyware free, rock solid OS..I could go on and on. But yes, you should visit a Mac store in your area (forget Best Buy and Future Shop), go a Mac dealer and have their trained staff show you just how awesome Macs are - you'll be hooked Very Happy

Anya
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 24, 2006 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
alright cool. b/c the new model just came out this week nobody near me has them in stock yet. They only have the macbook pro which is out of my budget. I think it's weird they have windows for mac. I can understand word and powerpoint, but the windows o/s?? Weird.

I'll look and play around. Maybe I can borrow a friends ibook for a couple days to give me an idea

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I must admit I got very annoyed with it at first. I still feel like I'm not as proficient with macs as I could be. I just know my way in and out of a pc that the little road blocks I encounter with macs still annoy me. Overall macs ARE much better and I do love my mac but when you run across something that you know how to do on a pc that you don't on a mac, and that you have to do, I have to say it stresses me a little. But in time I'll be just as familiar with the mac as a pc. I've only been working with macs for 2 years.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
For PC users thinking of taking the plunge to the "other side" check out the Apple site:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/disc15.html

Phoebes I have the opposite problem to you. I use a PC at work and am amazed at how difficult they are to use compared to a Mac Very Happy

Lianne,if you live in Vancouver, there's got to be some Apple Resellers (I don't think Apple have opened a store there yet). The Macbook Pro is expensive, but the regular MacBook is more affordable - especially if you want a computer to last and not be out of date in a year. My laptop is 3 years old and still going strong.

Anya
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks anya,

My brother told me that there was a mac store in richmond centre around christmas. I'll check it out on my lunch sometime next week.

Through my work I do get a small discount off apple products (only $100, but better than none) and I am going to see if any of my techy friends can get a better deal. I have seen mac at londondrugs and bestbuy but they haven't gotten the new model that just came out this week yet.

L

anya wrote:
For PC users thinking of taking the plunge to the "other side" check out the Apple site:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.4/en/disc15.html

Phoebes I have the opposite problem to you. I use a PC at work and am amazed at how difficult they are to use compared to a Mac Very Happy

Lianne,if you live in Vancouver, there's got to be some Apple Resellers (I don't think Apple have opened a store there yet). The Macbook Pro is expensive, but the regular MacBook is more affordable - especially if you want a computer to last and not be out of date in a year. My laptop is 3 years old and still going strong.

Anya

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Lianne, I checked for a reseller in the Vancouver area and the one I think you'd get the best advice at would be:

http://www.macstation.com/retailstores/

Although they list Shoppers Drug Mart and London Drugs as alternates, I can't imagine buying a computer of any kind in a drugstore Shock .

Anya
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |