Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Miessence Makeup
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried their makeup? What do you think? Particularly of the concealer and foundations? I want to try it but it's a lot of money for something that I have no idea will match my skin tone or not or even close, since I can only get it online.

They only have 4 shades of each and it's really hard to tell what the color is online in the little photos.
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have used their foundation. I purchased Dark, but it isn't really that dark. I normally use Jane Iredale in Radiant or Satin, if that helps.
The nice thing about this product is that it's organic and uses Zinc Oxide, whcih I really like. The drawback is you can't get samples, and they don't state what their SPF is, which is why I stopped using it.
BTW - Their products tend to have more of a pinkish, as opposed to yellowish, hue.
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
Girlzmommie wrote:
Yes, I have used their foundation. I purchased Dark, but it isn't really that dark. I normally use Jane Iredale in Radiant or Satin, if that helps.
The nice thing about this product is that it's organic and uses Zinc Oxide, whcih I really like. The drawback is you can't get samples, and they don't state what their SPF is, which is why I stopped using it.
BTW - Their products tend to have more of a pinkish, as opposed to yellowish, hue.

Thanks. That's not good that they have a pinkish hue cause my skin is very yellow/olive. Hmmmmm. I'm still searching for samples online from someone. Found a sample of the Almond but not the lighter shades. I've never really worn foundation before except when I tried it out when I was a teen. I remember going into the department store and they custom blended a color for me. This 3-4 shades fits all thing is not really going to work unless you get lucky. I wanted to try burts bees concealer but I tried it in the store and they only have 2 shades. One that is way too light and one that is way too dark for me. Even Jane Iredale which is what I use now has the circle delete thing with 2 shades. One of them matches almost perfect and the other is way too light even mixed, so it always goes to waste. I use up one side and then am stuck with the other...
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I thought you could actually purchase sample sizes of most of their products on their main website www.onegrp.com
Girlzmommie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
Unless things have changed on their site since I purchased from them, which was probably 3 months or so ago, they don't offer samples.

But I could be wrong - maybe that has changed.

What I did was actually purchase two colors and then I returned the one I didn't like.
Carrie11381
5% products discount

Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
There is a new website that replaced the onegrp.com site. If you co to the site and click Contact, you can request samples.
http://bluecypress.mionegroup.com
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I've used the powder mineral foundation & I thought it was pretty good initially but now I don't think it's that great, the coverage is way too sheer for me & I'm not a big fan of the rose scent either. Confused The blushes are quite nice though. Smile
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I think it's great when you can order samples as it would be hard to get the right colour for your skin without trying on a few.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
There's another thread about their foundation here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19727&highlight=miessence

And about other products in general here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?tid=18655

Overall, we weren't impressed!
pigpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Does anyone know which site I can purchase their products (beside their official one)?
puregdstuf
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 30, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I love their blush but hate their liquid foundation. It's the worst ever in terms of texture and colour. i threw the whole bottle away.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) Sothys Pore Refiner System Matifying Refiner Solution (30 ml / 1 oz)