Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Trying to find a Vitamin C serum -HELP-Detective work
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
A cosmetic chemist told me about the serum they make and it sounds great. but he never knows WHO makes it. He just formulates it in the lab.

Can anyone help me figure out WHO could make this? Anyone know how to go about this or do they have one that has "jojoba Esters"

Quoted by Chemist:

"Yes Wendy, as I look at this formula I seea lot of silicone and silicone
derivatives. My gut feeling is that they are using silicone to coat the
vitamin C to try to keep it from oxidizing. This method may work. I know
that our company makes vitamin C particles. We put the vitamin C in what
is called "Florasomes" which are small particles of soft jojoba esters.
This essentially coats and traps the Vitamin C in the jojoba ester
particle. The vitamin C is then released only after the soft particle is
rubbed into the skin. I'm not sure who we are selling these soft
particles to at the moment. The ingredients list would give it away

however. If the vitamin C product has particles or soft spheres in it,
and the ingredients list says "jojoba esters" on it near the bottom of the
list, then you have found some."

---
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to know also but, to date, I have never seen jojoba esters in the ingredients. Unfortunately, not a lot of companies give the full list of ingredients on the website and it is only when you read the box that you see the full list. I will keep looking for this one as I am now very interested.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
wenrow, one question I forgot to ask, do you know what form of vitamin C the chemist uses in the jojoba ester?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
You mean what strength?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
No, I mean what form. Vit C forms can be water soluble (L-ascorbic acid, magnesium or sodium ascorbyl phosphate) or oil(fat) soluble (ascorbyl tetra-isopalmitate, ascorbyl palmitate). Even the ascorbic acid has an L and D form. Each form is quite different and each form has quite a different concentration required to be effective, not to mention the varying shelf lives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 25, 2006 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'll post a question and ask him.
Barefootgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Wendy,

I know the Body Shop sells encapsulated Vitamin C. Maybe that's it?

I'm just curious as to how you first found out about this.

BF
Mabsy

Sun May 28, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Wendy - a few things spring to mind based on the description. I'm at work so don't have access to ingredient listings (and I probably threw out the packaging anyway) but I'm thinking either Murad or Emergin C.

Murad, in their vit C cleaner, has these orange globs with vit C in them that break as you massage the cleanser on the skin. The Emergin C serum is a collection of little round balls with vit C in them - they are suspended in a liquid and they seem to break as you pump them out. HTH
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
No, I mean what form. Vit C forms can be water soluble (L-ascorbic acid, magnesium or sodium ascorbyl phosphate) or oil(fat) soluble (ascorbyl tetra-isopalmitate, ascorbyl palmitate). Even the ascorbic acid has an L and D form. Each form is quite different and each form has quite a different concentration required to be effective, not to mention the varying shelf lives.

This is his response:
Wendy, we put the oil soluble ascorbyl palmitate in it. Sometimes, if
the customer requests it, we use MAP (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate).
But, most of the time it is the ascorbyl palmitate. This material mixes
flawlessly with the jojoba esters and remains a homogenous mixture, and
very stable.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Barefootgirl wrote:
Wendy,

I know the Body Shop sells encapsulated Vitamin C. Maybe that's it?

I'm just curious as to how you first found out about this.

BF

On another forum there is a cosmetic chemist that we refer to all the time about ingredients for our products. I asked him about the ingredients in Revive's Vitamin C that has silicone in it to help protect it while on your skin and he said by the looks of the ingredients it was a good idea and then went on to tell me about the product he made and the idea behind the ingredients but he was a chemist and had no idea WHO he was making this for so that was a mystery. So does anyone have the EmergenC or Murad to see if the Jojoba Esters are on the list of ingredients?
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I am curious to know about this .
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
When I googled it I found this product and asked him about it.
http://www.skinstore.com/store/product.asp?catID=1523&prodID=1526

This was his response:
"Wow, I have never seen this product before. They are indeed using our
jojoba esters, but it is part of the system that is on the patch, not
our "bead" form with the vitamin C in it. I suspect that this might
work because the "patch" would act as an oxygen barrier to keep the
vitamin C fresh on the eye area. Our esters have proof of anti-wrinkle
function. So, this may be a good product. It appears to be a little
expensive at $48.00 for 12 treatments, but that's not too high. It
might be worth the experiment."
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 11:23 am      Reply with quote
so I showed this one to him and he indeed thinks this is one of the products they make that has the esters in it. But it is a facial WASH.

Vitamin C Cleansing Face Polish

A daily face wash with orange jojoba micro-beads to gently exfoliate and reveal smoother skin. The antioxidant vitamin C protects skin and revitalizes.

http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=D1FC0PZEVFABVULSIIXFAFOROJBC0UP4?productId=prod4080003&categoryId=search
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 11:32 am      Reply with quote
wenrwdy this is all very interesting. My curiosity finally got the better of me and I did a search and found this, Gold Bond Ultimate Healing Body Lotion:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002VAVRE/103-8824095-2723001?v=glance

It has jojoba esters and MAP.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Well, when I'm done with the Revive Vitamin C Booster, I'll try the patch one. that whole idea sounds pretty good. the patch keeps the oxygen out and the Vitamin C stable while you sleep. I'm using this mostly for anti-aging so I don't care about not using it during the day. I still wonder how any of those Vitamin C serums stay stable in your skin during the day anyway.

The chemist made a good point about the clenser one. for one it has SPF protection. why the heck to you need that in something that you WASH off??? And I wondered the same thing about the Vitamin C esters. So forget that.

If anyone tries the patch before I do, please post experience with it. He had asked the same of me. and of course would I have your permission to use your feedback?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |