Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Has anyone tried Tend Skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 8:38 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried this product?
Please, share your experience Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Is this for ingrown hair? If so, than I've used it. I haven't for awhile but when I did it was good. It helped with preventing ingrown hair from waxing or shaving. I think it was pricey but worth it.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I've used this product. It works well at preventing ingrowns, and it also treats blemishes. That being said, it's very drying when used on the face, and it can stain your clothes, so when I use it on the bikini area I have to let it dry completely before putting on my underwear, which is kind-of a pain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
Yes, this product is used for reducing the appearance of razor bumps, ingrown hairs, and skin redness after hair removal procedures.

Here is what I found about Tend Skin on google:

Reducing the appearance of:
razor bumps
ingrown hairs
skin redness after all methods of hair removal
necktie redness
Deodorant – underarm or foot
Facials – by estheticians after extraction procedures to reduce the appearance of skin bumps. At home for overnight exfoliation.
Ink removal from the Skin.

Precautions:
Do not use if you have or suspect allergies to aspirin. Symptoms include itching, hives, redness, and difficulty breathing.
First time users: perform a test patch once before any hair removal procedure and once again after the procedure. Allow 5 minutes for sensitivity reactions. If no reaction, proceed with full application.
This product has not been tested for use during pregnancy or nursing. Consult with physician before use.
Do not use within one month, unless otherwise advised, of any salon or medical strength treatments. (Glycolic peels, AHA’s, Accutane, etc.) Do not use in combination with prescribed topical treatments without consulting your physician.
Keep out of the reach of children.
In case of accidental ingestion, contact local poison control center.
Avoid eye contact. In case of eye contact, flush with running water.
Flammable.
Damaging to dyed/finished surfaces and jewelry.
Loofahs, shower puffs, or other scrubbing pads can increase ingrown hair/razor bump tendency from scratching/irritating effect on skin.
To avoid peeling hands, apply with cotton applicator, or wear latex gloves.
Instructions for Use:
Professionals will use Skin Lotion for reducing the appearance of skin redness and next-day bumping from salon hair removal procedures

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I have not tried Tend Skin, but for ingrown hairs and bumps from waxing/shaving, I recommend plain old witch hazel (the cheap stuff at the drugstore that has rubbing alcohol in it).

I apply it before and after waxing, and I rarely have a problem. If bumps do show up, I just apply more witch hazel, or a tiny dab of hydrocortisone cream, and they go away quickly.

-- B
Mabsy

Fri May 26, 2006 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried it before. It actually works very well. I haven't had any problems with it staining clothing. I can see how it can be drying for the skin but I didn't notice this either because I used it mostly on my bikini line and underarms.
kittyd
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have used it and it does work great for the bumps or ingrowns on bikini and underarms. I had read the if you have some breakouts on other parts of your body to mix it with your moisturizer and it would make them go away. I have tried and it did work to some degree, although I didn't do it religiously. I does have a funky smell, but goes away.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if y'all thought Tend would help with ingrown hairs around the eyebrows? I only get them there & on my bikini line, and since folks mentioned using Tend for blemishes on the face, I thought maybe I could finally get the eyebrow ingrowns under control.

It's not from a lack of exfoliation, and I get ingrown hairs whether I pluck or wax, although waxing makes them even worse.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. Hormonal breakouts are bad enough to deal with, but frequently having a "third eye" due to ingrown eyebrow hairs is frustrating!
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I love tend skin, it is awsome, just not for my face, the alcohol stings!
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=5981&start=7

Here is a link to the DIY version of tendskin.

I use this, it works well, and it's dirt cheap to make! You do have to shake it up each time, but I don't mind that. I use it on my legs and bikini line and don't have any dryness problems--but especially on your face you could follow up w/ a moisturizer or oil.

I don't see why you couldn't use Tend Skin on your face by the eyebrows. (Or the DIY or any of the other topicals meant to prevent/heal ingrowns--Sally Hansen makes one, and there's Follique on EDS, and another one called Bikini Zone).

I would just be careful to apply it to as small an area as possible, keeping it out of your eyes. You might want to test it on your facial skin first--to see if you're sensitive to the aspirin/salicylic acid or the alcohol.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
i used tend skin for my pimples and it actually irritated them and they ended up taking much longer to heal.
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
is Tend skin more for 'preventing' ingrown hairs and bumps or they are for 'treating' them?

coz i have many ingrown hairs and bumps and i can't imagine how Tend Skin can treat them...
syllie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Goza! Tend skin helps by exfoliating, helping to open pore, inflamation and allows for easier removal of the hair growing below skin.
KARINA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I bought it - i never used to use it until my upper lip looked dark after hair removal - it makes the darkness less prominent - maybe due to the ingrown hairs....but i can say it does work...
gosa
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
waiting for my tend skin to arrive with my next order. hope i'll have some good things to say about this much-looked-forward-to stuff Smile Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |