Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Walgreens lips plumper
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Which one, price aside, works better the new Walgreen's lipfusion replica or LipFusion XL?

I know one is $10 and the other is $50 but I want the one that is most effective. I would rather cut back on something else if needed.
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 10:49 am      Reply with quote
I have been using the Walgreens Lip Enhancer (the $10 one) for awhile now and really like it. I feel it has plumped my lips beyond just a slight temporary effect. Its not dramatic but they're definitely smoother and slightly more plump. I use it every night and almost every morning. I haven't tried the LipFusion though. I am planning on trying the city lips though because of wenrwdy's fabulous photo results with it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
anyone else????
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Thatgirl!

I've actually tried both the Lip Fusion XL and the Walgreens plumper. And while the XL is very nice...I can't honestly say it's any better than the $10.00 Walgreens brand. Like PhoebesMeow said, the effect isn't dramatic with the Walgreens...but there is a nice plumping and smoothing effect, which is pretty much what I get with the XL. So, I will probably not repurchase the XL, and will just stick with the drugstore brand and save myself $40! Smile

Hope this helps!
Mary
tammymamtam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
i have lipfusion xl and i really am lovin it! it has plumped up my lips a lot and they are quite smooth. i have been using it for 2wks. i did use city lips though for a month prior. it was good too. i also take hydraplenish h/a caps. i like lipfusion xl cause unlike city lips u see immediate results as well as over time. but i would repurchase city lips again.
tammymamtam
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
oh i 4got i have the lipusion lipliner also and it really does good for daytime and last a long time.
mildlyobsessive
5% products discount

Mon May 29, 2006 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
what is this walgreens plumper called? sounds like it's worth a try since i've been trying to control my lemmings for a lipfusion xl Very Happy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:09 am      Reply with quote
mildlyobsessive wrote:
what is this walgreens plumper called?
For the life of me, I can't recall it's name! It comes in a skinny rectangular-shaped tube with the same writing/font on it as on the real LipFusion XL, although I believe it is gold-colored writing on the Walgreens imposter and it's silver-colored on the real LipFusion....IMHO, the ingredients of the Walgreens plumper are very similar, if not downright identical, to those in the Lip Fusion XL although at 1/5 the price!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Walgreens brand is calle Lip Enhancer... It says on the box, compare to Lip Fusion.. {Not XL}carekate is correct, it is gold colored writing.. It's found on the shelf by the other 'anti' aging products.. A SA will be able to direct you right to it...
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
How long did the results last with the Walgreens one bc I ONLY will apply it b4 bed.

Lipfusion XL is supposed to last 2-4 days.
thatgirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
How long did the results last with the Walgreens one bc I ONLY will apply it b4 bed.

PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
I mostly apply mine right before bed. My lips look plumper when I wake up definitely. It may fade a little during the day but I'm noticing an all over plumping effect from mostly putting it on at night. If I remember I put it on in the morning, but I keep it near my bed so I usually forget. I don't like wearing it during the day though my hair gets stuck in it. Its really sticky and goopy, I'm not a big fan of its consistency.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 4:00 am      Reply with quote
thatgirl wrote:
FYI: the effect of LipFusion XL absolutely, positively does NOT last any 2-4 days!!! Shock You're lucky if the plumping effect lasts 2-4 hours. Confused That's why I don't believe it's worth any fifty bucks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 4:02 am      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
My lips look plumper when I wake up definitely.
FYI - everyone's lips look plumper when they wake up in the morning. If not sure why this is, but I theorize it's sort of like how you can wake up with puffy eyes and skin. I think somehow the "water" collects in those tissue areas as you are lying down at night....

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Lipfusion Xl is nighttime treatment ONLY.

I sometimes only use it every other day because of the how long the fullness last.

The 1st Lipfusion last 48 hrs and since the XL is double everything it does last 3-4 days. A plastic surgeon even told me that bc of what is in it can does last a couple of days. So who knows????

I just hate the way the walgreens and sally hanson one tastes!!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |