Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Has anyone ever used Colorescience?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Was reading Redbook magazine and there was an article about sunscreen. One of the products that was recommended was Colorscience - Sunforgettable SPF 30 powder. I went to the website and saw they have mineral powders too which all comes in tubes. Never heard of this brand before so hoping someone has used it before and had any good or bad results. Thank you.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I use sunforgettable SPF 30 (the clear version) and I LOVE it! It makes a great loose powder to set make up, and it's great to dust on your arms, chest etc since it's not sticky.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 5:08 pm      Reply with quote
Liz - How long does a tube last?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really know how long it lasts, actually. I only use it infrquently, so I've had mine for ages. A little goes a long way, tho, so I'd say a few months, maybe?

5% products discount

Fri May 26, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
I've used the Colorscience before - loved it. It lasted for a very long time - over 8 months, with approximately 4-5 uses per week.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Liz, tmeyer66!
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 26, 2006 7:41 pm      Reply with quote
so this is good for oily skin, if so i'll give this a try.

thank you everyone Very Happy
laine
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
I personally never used this but my this was my DM first MMU. She loved it & literally bought every cosmetic they made..think her estatechian(sp?) was happy Very Happy Question
She now uses another brand, only because we bought her some for a b-day gift!! She claims she is going back to Colorscience.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I've used a few of their products & I quite liked them. Generally I still prefer Jane Iredale, but I liked Colorescience better than glominerals & bare escentuals.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Is the sunforgettable SPF 30 better than the one from ISC?
Janoy
5% products discount

Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I love Colorescience and have been using it for several years now!
It lasts a very long time and it really does do what it says. It stays on all day, the sunforgettables have an SPF of 30 and the mineral foundations have an SPF of 20 and you will find pearl powder in their ingredients which gives your face that nice luminance finish.I have gone swimming in it and have been at the beach literally all day without having to touch it up once.
When your face gets wet you simply blot with a towel and it looks like you just applied it.
I use it on my kids and I like that it doesn't feel like all those lotions and creams its a powder and it's so great for all those places like your ears and everywhere. I use all clear on my kids and I use perfectly clear on myself.
I use light as a feather foundation and it is simply beautiful.
I bought Jane Iredale just a while ago and back to using Colorescience. In my opinion Jane doesn't even come close!!!
yk28chan
5% products discount

Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have a friend who uses the corrector kit and she swears by it. I tried it out at her place the a few months ago and I thought it was pretty good. I've been meaning to order a kit myself but haven't got around to it...

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I received a gift of its pressed powder foundation. Though the color is not quite right for me, the texture is good.
Kim Roney

Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone give me a comparison of colorscience and amazing products. I have read great things about both.

I am looking for SPA 30
Something hat will last
Something that looks really natural
A good concealer
Something for oily skin

My plan is to:
1.Use a tinted moisturizer with 30SPF or get a mineral makeup and combine it with a non-tinted moisturizer for the same effect.
At this time I would apply a creme concealer.
2. Then I want to apply a a mineral creme blush that will go on over the moisturizer.
3. Then I want to apply a lightweight powder mineral base that will look very natural and help with the oily shine I get later.
4. I would be looking for a powder mineral blush, also that has staying power.
5 Last I will finish with some kind of mineral veil.
I have been using the combination tinted moisturizer and powder foundation and it seems to cover better and last a little better. But I get oily later in the day.
I am looking for the best in each category as I don't know if I will find all of that in one line. If other brands like Iredale or Origens or Glo would work best for the blushes please advise.
Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Kim Roney, Image Consultant

5% products discount

Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
I use all Colorscience products, the mineral foundations, the sunforgettables, etc.

I also use Colorescience Face Brush in 'Invisibly Matte' which is a finishing powder that contains real pearl powder that you brush over your mineral foundation for a nice finished look.

I really can't explain why it looks so good other than I know it has rice powder in it as well which really controls the oil through out the day. I believe it is a must to use this after you apply your mineral foundation, or before that is completely up to you.

I am now on the very last bit of my Face Brush (it lasts a very long time, I have had mine for over a year) and just purchased a new container. A little goes a very long way! I use mine every single day.

I like the Invisibly Matte because it really is invisible, you only see the colour of your mineral foundation, it makes it look better, takes away the shine!
samplelover
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I use Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF 30 Brush Perfectly Clear. The granule is pretty fine to use. However, you do need to wait a little bit after your regular skin care regime. Since the sunscreen is the power format, the brush gets a bit hard to move if you apply it right away after a creme.
BellaKai
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have used Colorscience Pressed Mineral Powder. It was pretty good. I purchased it at a spa and I have combination skin, but I think it would be better for someone that doesn't tend to have dry areas. I used it in the winter which might have been the problem. The woman who founded Colorscience also created Bare Minerals (she was the creater of it, but has moved on to Colorscience). Colorscience doesn't use some of the things that Bare Minerals uses - it's claim is that it's more natural. I really liked the smell of it...it has a unique, "clean" smell.
avogrape
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
This brand isn't available in UK but I wanted to try their Colorescience Sunforgettable SPF 30. I ended up getting the Peter Thomas Roth Instant mineral powder SPF30 instead. Find these sunscreen powders to be really convienient and matt (non greasy) unlinke normal sunscreens. I hate the packaging though, the brush is pretty much useless. I apply this after a moisturiser and the power seems to stick to the brush more than my face then ends up clogging the powder.
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 24, 2010 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
BellaKai wrote:
I have used Colorscience Pressed Mineral Powder. It was pretty good. I purchased it at a spa and I have combination skin, but I think it would be better for someone that doesn't tend to have dry areas. I used it in the winter which might have been the problem. The woman who founded Colorscience also created Bare Minerals (she was the creater of it, but has moved on to Colorscience). Colorscience doesn't use some of the things that Bare Minerals uses - it's claim is that it's more natural. I really liked the smell of it...it has a unique, "clean" smell.

Sorry to reply to an old post, but I only leaned of Colorescience 4 months ago Smile So far I like the rollerball sunscreen powder, but find in kind of messy..still working on howto apply it best.

I think the shade I bought it too dark for me abit-it is the Almost Clear shade,but blending makes it look better..more like a bronzer look.

I still like the mineral makeup I'm using now, as it blends in so well and is my exact skin shade, which is very hard to match.

I've tried so much makeup samples trying to settle on something and the "drugstore' CoverGirl brand not a single shade matches my skin, lol. Someone at the makeup section/cosmetician tried to match some for me and everything was too white,pink,or too orange.

Other brands like Estee lauder the samples I tried changed colour on me wiithin 1 hour...so not good, for even expensive makeup either.

Mineral makeup, none of those issues yet Smile

The only thing I do not like about the brand I have now is there is no SPF listed. But I think I will just use my regular makeup and then the Colorescience over that when I am outside more.

I also tried some Colorescience "travelpuff" and the shade "california girl" was very good!

I did not know that about Bare Minerals.
The girl who is their "spokesperson" CEO, whatever.
Sephora and many places imply she "founded the mineral industry".
I do not know too much about BE, but got this from the Sephora site:

"Since its beginnings in 1976 as a boutique brand in San Francisco, Bare Escentuals has been breaking beauty rules. The introduction of their revolutionary mineral makeup shattered the notions of conventional cosmetic—for the first time ever, women could feel good about putting makeup on their skin. CEO Leslie Blodgett's formula is so pure and gentle, even those with sensitive skin, acne, and rosacea can confidently wear makeup without irritation. Between gorgeous color collections and groundbreaking skincare lines, Bare Escentuals has earned its reputation as a beauty pioneer."
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 28, 2010 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
Diane Ranger is the founder of Colorscience and Leslie Blodgett was the founder of Bare Minerals. She has recently sold out to a company in Japan but is remaining the CEO. Has she joined Colorscience??

Glad you reopened this thread Ottawa Shopper. I am interested in a new mineral makeup with a good SPF. I find BE too irritating for my ole skin. I also have had a hard time finding a color match.

Hopefully other users will join in and give us some input!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I have only used the Colorscience orb, which I love. Definite repurchase for me and I don't have many of those!
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 10:10 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl,
Is this sold in stores or online only? I would think it would be so hard to find a color match. Had you tried any other MMU previously? I guess I could just buy a couple of the travel orbs to try. Any suggestions?
TIA
Jan
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 10:19 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
rileygirl,
Is this sold in stores or online only? I would think it would be so hard to find a color match. Had you tried any other MMU previously? I guess I could just buy a couple of the travel orbs to try. Any suggestions?
TIA
Jan

Hi, Jan. I would think it would be sold in derms or esty's offices. Maybe you can check around some offices to see if they sell it? I got my sample with the New Beauty trial when I subscribed to the mag. It is the "almost clear" and it is perfect on my skin. I don't use make-up other than this colorscience orb, so I can't help you there!
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, rileygirl. I found a spa that sells their products but they are about 100 miles away soooo I'll just buy some samples I found on Amazon for only $5 each.

Do you use the puff or a brush to apply your orb?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 29, 2010 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Thanks for the info, rileygirl. I found a spa that sells their products but they are about 100 miles away soooo I'll just buy some samples I found on Amazon for only $5 each.

Do you use the puff or a brush to apply your orb?

I actually ended up getting a sample in the SkincareRx.com beauty cache.

I did not know if this product before (and just found out EDS sells it too,so next time getting from EDS as they are in Canada).

But this beauty cache thing it has a mini orb in it and the last "Cache" I got 3 months ago had a mini shaker of 2.5 grams.

The small shaker is hardto use so I ended up cleaning a metal tin Ihad (only had another box in it and not "stuff" kind of the Altoids tin size.

Then wipedthat with alcohol to sanitize and put some of the powder in that.

I kind of hate powder puffs as most of the powder seems to get stuck in them instead ofyour face.

I use a fan brush and that works well.
No idea where this fanbrush is from though,got it ages ago.

I actually have my little flyer from the Colorescince sample and the Almost Clear shade is more "tan" looking like a bronzer.

In bare minerals makeup I am a medium beige,and the almost clear I have to blend it toomuch.
The perfectly clear matches most skin better.

I also got the rollerball of almost clear,
problem with thatis powder falls out of the rollerball on your clothing (annoying).

Anyone have an idea how to open the rollerball?
thesize is good compared to theother products they have, but i want to put it in a tin or makeup container i have here...
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:19 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |