Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Juice Beauty Green Apple Cleansing Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat May 27, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
I had a nice big sample of this from a fellow EDS member (thank you, you know who you are! Smile) so I have had a chance to use this a fair bit recently and get some sort of an opinion about it.

As the name of it suggests, it's a gel cleanser. I expected it to be a "proper" gel but it's runny yet somehow thick. It's a bit strange to describe actually (either that or I am particularly uninspired today Embarassed), though I do like the texture of it. The smell of it lovely, though not like green apple in my opinion. It does smell natural and more like oranges to me actually, maybe with a bit honey? Someone please help me out here!

The gel doesn't foam up at all, it turns slightly into a tiny little bit of a lather, that's all. I wet my face, massage in a small amount of the gel, and then rinse off. The beautiful thing about this is that it does a great job of taking off my makeup (not heavy makeup, but MMU, eyeliner, mascara, blush - just so you have some reference) and I can use it to remove my eye makeup as well because it does not sting AT ALL! I love that in cleansers!

The one thing I am not so fond of however is that it does leave my skin a little bit on the dry side. It's not uncomfortable, but if I use it and don't use toner and/or moisturiser straight away then my skin starts feeling a little bit tight. Once I apply moisturiser it's fine (even if it's my regular light moisturiser). I think people with oilier skins or combination skin should find this cleanser to be very good, and perhaps also those with normal or drier skins if they don't mind that slightly tight feeling before they apply moisturiser.

Bottom line is that I would buy this cleanser only to use occasionally as I don't like that tighter feeling after washing my face, but I do like the scent and it's makeup removing abilities without stinging the eyes. I don't think that this, with regular use, would dry out my face over time though as I don't find currently that I have to use a heavier moisturiser after this, but obviously I'm not sure on that.
Agave
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this at Sephora when I convinced my mum to buy a Green Apple Peel (bless it's sticky, tart little heart.)

I wasn't too enchanted.

While I adore the GAP and the Blemish Clearing Serum, the cleanser seemed to fall into the "meh" category of Juice Beauty that nearly all their other products go into. My face didn't melt off, but, it didn't feel much improved either.

Anyone tried their spray toner/mists? I love the concept or organic skincare and I keep eyeing the JB ones whenever I see them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - Do you prefer the Caudalie cleanser to this one?
Mabsy

Sun May 28, 2006 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
Mabsy - Do you prefer the Caudalie cleanser to this one?

Yes, I definitely do. I do prefer lotion cleansers lately rather than gels - unless the gel leaves my face nice and comfortable Smile
Lucinda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I would revive this thread because I LOVE this cleanser so much!!!

Makes my skin look brighter, cleanses very well, can use around my eyes, removes all makeup, exfoliates (aha's) and smells very nice.

It is a really good cleanser to use with my Clarisonic.

Highly recommended!
cgipe
5% products discount

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using Decleor for years and love their products. But they use paraben, so I tried some organic/natural lines like Hauschka and Jurlique : outbreaks, outbreaks....
I finally found Juice beauty and I'm very happy with the result : bright, happy face. I love this particular cleanser which does a wonderful job on my combination/sensitive skin.
Doesn't like their mist that I find way too sticky...
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:31 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |