Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Caudalie Gentle Cleanser for face and eyes
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mabsy

Sat May 27, 2006 2:59 am      Reply with quote
This was part of my recent order from EDS and I am in love with it! I love how light it is and the subtle scent of it as well

The cleansing lotion comes in a convenient pump bottle and one pump is exactly what I need to use to cleanse my face. The lotion itself has a *very* light texture - not like many cleansing lotions that are actually quite substantial. It also has a very nice subtle scent to it - I find it very pleasant when I'm washing my face and it's kind of part of the experience of it (much like the scent of the Valmont Renewing Pack is part of the experience as well Smile). The cleanser is meant for normal to dry skin and can be used (according to the name) on the eye area as well.

From my experience, this lotion removes makeup very quickly and gently. Again, I am using mineral makeup at the moment so it's not heavy makeup that it has to put up with but, still, it takes it off quickly and without drying my skin. After I wash it off my skin feels perfectly comfortable and no residue or film of any kind remains. This also does a good job of removing my mascara and eyeliner, eyeshadow, etc, but here I have to say that it does sting a bit when I use it to remove my eye makeup, which was the only disappointment that I had with it. It doesn't sting much but obviously stinging of any kind is not pleasant. I have to admit though that I like this cleanser so much so far that I have been putting up with the slight stinging and using this anyway Embarassed Apart from this slight stinging of the eyes, it leaves my skin soft and calmer.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Caudalie Cleansing Water (6.7 oz/200 ml)
Caudalie Cleansing Water (6.7 oz/200 ml)

This micellar water cleanses and removes make-up thoroughly yet gently. Micellar water captures dirt like tiny "dirt magnets" and sweeps it away without rubbing. This high-tolerance formula is suitable for even the most sensitive skin, thanks to its soothing and hydrating active ingredients.

Replaced by {{11882}}.

roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
mabsy: i was surprised that this cleanser does not leave any film on your skin. I tried this cleanser before, and I really wanted to like it (it smeels wonderful). However no matter how much I tried to rinse it off, I still felt a thin layer of film on my face. Maybe the water where you live is better than mine. hm.....
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy - Did you have a chance to compare this cleanser to the foaming cleanser?
Mabsy

Sat May 27, 2006 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere - nope, no film at all. Just comfortable soft skin. You may be onto something with the water, I'm not sure.

tidieu - Sorry, haven't tried the foaming yet. I'm taking with me on my trip but if I try it over the next few days I'll update.
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 28, 2006 7:48 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Mabsy! It's no rush. I still a draw full of cleansers to use.
Mabsy

Sun May 28, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
Thanks Mabsy! It's no rush. I still a draw full of cleansers to use.

You know I can't stay away for long! Smile I tried it last night - it's very nice! It's just really gentle foam, great at removing makeup. Does make my face feel a little bit on the dry side if I don't moisturise straight away. I'll use it a few more times before I leave and will post a proper review.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy i am waiting for your review on the foaming cleasner. it only costs 12 euro in paris, i bought two bottles for my friends. but i have never tried it before. now i am kind of regret since it is so cheap over there, i should keep a bottle for myself.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Is it good for dry skin during winter? I usually use milk type of cleanser.
Mabsy

Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy - Sorry, I've been slack with reviews lately Sad Just general lack of time. I haven't used it much as I've been focussing on finishing others but still like it like I did initially. I will post once I get to use it more often. Sorry.

fishzebby - I think the gentle cleanser would be good for dry skin. It leaves mine comfortable. But, there are some thicker type cream cleansers that might be more moisturising (e.g. Cellcosmet) so it just depends on how dry your skin is I guess.
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Mabsy...
got very dry skin, want to try cheap good stuff first.
Cellcosmet is too expensive...
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
i'm in search of a good cleanser and was excited to see this but seems like it's only good for dry skin. I have combo/oily. Sad
Search goes on. Confused
christygao
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using avene's extremely gentle cleasing lotion for all the time, and really wanna try something else.

Is is Ok for very sensitive skin as well?
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 3:04 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin, but I used this as my makeup remover. It was gentle yet effective and did not break me out.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:34 am      Reply with quote
I like every Caudalie product I tried so far. This one seems like a good makeup remover for me.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 02, 2007 4:53 am      Reply with quote
lovelyjane wrote:
I have oily skin, but I used this as my makeup remover. It was gentle yet effective and did not break me out.

I have oily skin,so I wanna try it! Bad Grin
kathyboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
my face got allergic reaction after applying Caudalie Cleansing Water

maybe its not for dry and sensitive skin Sad
sissyp
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
This is a nice light cleanser but I still needed to go over my eyes with an eye make up remover when I finished. I like Deleor cleansing milk and Liz Earle hot cloth cream cleansers better. With Liz Earle I didn't need an additional eye cleanser. Really like the whole Caudalie line but prefer other cream cleansers.
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I just got it in my order last night - cannot wait to try it~~~ Very Happy
lunathefinal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Just tried this cleanser. It is very gentle and the subtle scent is great. But I also notice that it takes longer time to rinse to avoid the "film" feeling. Embarassed
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
does this cleanser give any foaming action at all? or is just similar to a milk type cleanser?

Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
does this cleanser give any foaming action at all? or is just similar to a milk type cleanser?

No, it's a cleansing milk so no foaming at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
ok thanks. milk cleansers are nice when skin is on the dry side...but still i prefer something with foaming action Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:58 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
ok thanks. milk cleansers are nice when skin is on the dry side...but still i prefer something with foaming action Smile

simran, I have combination skin and am very happy with Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser. It`s a liquid transformed into a foaming mousse, it is very gentle and does not overdry or strip the skin. However it will be too weak if you wear a heavy makeup, so when I do (rarely) - I use a milk cleanser before it.
here it the link on EDS - http://www.essentialdayspa.com/caudalie-instant-foaming-p_4879.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Aiva wrote:

simran, I have combination skin and am very happy with Caudalie Instant Foaming Cleanser. It`s a liquid transformed into a foaming mousse, it is very gentle and does not overdry or strip the skin. However it will be too weak if you wear a heavy makeup, so when I do (rarely) - I use a milk cleanser before it.
here it the link on EDS - http://www.essentialdayspa.com/caudalie-instant-foaming-p_4879.htm

I also prefer Caudalie Foaming Cleanser which is very gentle and smells great. Its foaming mousse cleans well and easy to rinse off. Very Happy
justinapan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:17 am      Reply with quote
In China we call it as big grape.It's really good.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |