Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Flushing from heat
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend product(s) that help with skin flushing caused by heat?

my nose and chin are permanently tinged pinky red (sun damage) but I have real trouble with flushing of my whole face (especially cheeks and forehead) during summer, even when I am feeling "cool".. don't get me wrong, I do not suffer from Rosacea (there is no ruddiness in my complexion.. it can be very clear and bright, but just bright red)

The only product I can find that might remotely help on the list of products at EDS is Dermalogica Soothing Protection Spray

Anyone know of others?

Any recs. for skin suffering in polluted, humid climates would be helpful too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I think yonka makes something, phyto 54, for that. I've looked into it myself. I ordered it somewhere else but I wish eds shipped it to the states because its my favorite place to order.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 27, 2006 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
For occasional redness, I love Colorscience sunforgettable SPF 30 powder. It's a white powder so it cancels out the redness, and the zinc oxide in it is supposed to sooth skin and help redness. Colorscience also has an SPF 30 powder with a mint green tint--- I haven't tried it, but it's supposed to be GREAT for redness. ALSO, another product that I have not tried but have heard great things about is Juice Beauty's Redness Reducing Serum. (This serum is on my must-try list, so if anyone here has tried it, I'd love to hear your feedback!)

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 2:31 am      Reply with quote
hey tiger-tim,
i have the same problem with you flushing on my face though its mostly my cheeks and nose my trigger is heat and food as well as other things, i havent found any products myself as im very senstive too alot but im trying to find a sun cream that contains zinc and titanium dioxide as they are not so harmful as chemical suncreams
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 10:29 am      Reply with quote
when you turn red like that in the sun it is considered rosacea. I have it, and my skin is perfectly fine when im not flushed (no ruddiness), but the sun makes me look very flushed in the cheeks. It's not really all that serious, you just need to take care of the skin and avoid anything too serious. Wearing a mineral sunscreen will help you tremendously, as I've found chemicals turn me more red in the sun. Wearing hats also are beneficial. I live in the exact same kind of climate as you..I'm in michigan (hello great lakes), and it's ALWAYS humid...not only this, but i live in the metro detroit area which is full of pollution. Because of this, I use an antioxidant, particularly at night, to help even out any damage the nasty pollution that the air has done to my skin...the sunscreen (skinceuticals physical formula SPF 30) helps during the daytime, causing no irritation. This sunscreen does help minimize any reddness I have in my skin...the key is to use products that are not irritable for your skin. As for a cleanser, i use cetaphil gentle cleanser..it's the only thing i've used that does not make me feel dry , red, or itchy afterwards. For moisturizer i enjoy cetaphil, or paula's choice recovery in hydrating or for dry skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 11:05 am      Reply with quote
purpleturtle,
How do you exfoliate if you have broken caps, or roseacea? I know people with rosecea are not supposed to use aha's, so I was wondering how you exfoliate because I would like to find a product thats good for that. Do you know where I would look to find what I shouldn't be using on my face, as far as triggering redness, etc.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 12:17 am      Reply with quote
i didnt exfoliate for the longest time because i was scared of getting more broken caps. But the more i let my skin go the more i had dead skin and it needed to be removed. I exfoliate my skin once a week now using my cetaphil gentle cleanser and a tad bit of baking soda. I read this in a beauty magazine and it works wonders on my skin. If you try this just be very very gentle and use it on areas your skin needs exfoliation most. Another tip is to use this when your skin is not upset (aka flushed, irritated looking), then wash off. To avoid any flare ups it's pretty simple; avoid any products that have alcohols in it such as ethanol, isopropyl...ect. there are some good ones out there such as stearyl (sp?) alcohol and a couple others emollients which provide a barrier for the skin. it can get confusing with alcohols because not all are bad..cetaphil has some in the cleanser but non are meant for irritation. I also use chamomile tea on my skin when it is flushed..it really calms it down. avoid fragrances also. Maybe you might want to look into getting an antioxidant for the skin as well? Putting that on your skin protects against air pollutions and provides some protection from the sun, all things that help reduce irritation which can overall reduce reddness to your skin. If you would have seen my skin maybe 2 years ago compared to now (keep in mind i have had IPL treatments though...but products have helped too), my skin looks pretty much completely clear. Hopefully this all helps. If you need anymore help i can PM you with some tips.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 12:38 am      Reply with quote
in my case, flushing is not to do with the sun as such. Also, the flushing may only last an hour or so, which is why I just want some ideas for sprays or serums for immediate help. I dunno, my internal clock sets it off or something. My pinkish nose and chin I have learned to live with Laughing

I am going to try the JB anti-redness and that Dermaloica spray. A few years back I had Sothys clearnes serum which worked (stopped my skin from heat flushing) but they discontinued it. Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
A good thermal water spray that is kept cold works well to rehydrated and balance flushed skin.
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I got the yonka phyto 54 and it says for flushing associated with heat. Maybe this would help you?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I just got that to try !!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:08 am      Reply with quote
purpleturtle, what do you take for rocesea? Did you doctor prescribe you anything? Do people get worse in stage if not treated or will it stop at one point. I know something is wrong with my skin and my doctor said she would refer me but I wanted to try the clindymcin?spellcheck? first to see if that would alleviate any redness and bumpy skin.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I do not take anything for my rosacea. My skin was to the point where i needed something done..i wore too much makeup to cover my reddness but the makeup I was wearing was irritating it and making it worse. I went with my sister for a consultation for ipl treatments and the dermatologist diagnosed me with rosacea at age 18 or 19..he suggested metrogel but I've read those kinds of treatments are only temporary relief and can actually make the skin worse overtime. My best suggestion is if you want to get rid of the reddness to save money and get some photofacial treatments, and also find as gentle of products as you can. Try as much as possible to avoid extreme temperatures, and also overly exfoliating or using a towel to scrub at your skin. Those are all things that can make your skin much worse...I still have a red face on occasion but comparing myself from how I was, I've actually been compared to a porcelain doll on many occasions:) I also get many compliments on how I keep my skin, and mineral makeup can only cover so much so I don't feel ashamed to be proud of my achievement in better skin

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:47 am      Reply with quote
I'm sorry for all the questions, just one more, I think. If you don't take anything for rosacea does it progress to different stages?
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
im not sure. if it's like a metrogel in the form of a pill i would suggest maybe looking more into it. If its maybe a natural herbal type of supplement that relaxes capillaries *though i've never read of any*, i don't see the harm. But rosacea usually gets worse through time if you don't treat it with things like IPL...probably because most people don't try to take care of it either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
The best thing to do is to apply a natural sunscreen that doesn't aggravate your skin. Also the best medicine is easy - water!!! One of the main reasons we become flushed is because we are dehydrated and our insides become so hot that it shows on the outside. So many of us forget that we need to drink lots of water regardless of if we're thirsty or not especially in hotter climates because we are perspiring more and losing a lot of body moisture. Drinking water is also important in dry climates and in winter too when we are using heat in the home which causes the air to become more dry as well.

If you find your skin becomes easily aggravated by other moisturizers and creams as well you may want to try some Hazelnut oil which acts as a natural sunscreen and helps with sensitive skin as well.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:40 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |