Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Soap ingredients
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
A.T
5% products discount

Sun May 28, 2006 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I have found a new soap that is very cheap and doesn't make skin dry at all but i am not sure about the ingredients. Can somebody plz guide me.R these ingredients safe and good for skin or not ?

Soap name: HARMONY FRUITY SOAP, made in germany

ingredients : sodium palmate,coconut oil,glycerin,melon/apple/grape/strawberry extract(depending on the soap), Etidronic acid, Sodium hydro sulphite, fragrance, tetra sodium EDTA, Titanium dioxide, water, CI77891, NaoH.

TIA
A.T
A.T
5% products discount

Mon May 29, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Somebody plz answer as its kinda urgent.

Thanks
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I really do not have a clue about the ingredients but if the soap is working for your skin then stick with it Smile

5% products discount

Mon May 29, 2006 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
thankyou Rosebud Smile

It makes my skin very soft but just wanna know what i am putting on my skin is good or not as i am trying to shift to natural n less chemical skincare stuff.

A.T
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
From looking at the ingredients, it is a vegetable based soaped, no tallowates (animal fats) which can be harsher than vegetable oil. so that's a good aspect.

HTH
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Your soap sounds lovely. It's similar to KISS MY FACE Olive oil soap Smile

5% products discount

Mon May 29, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thankyou Lovies . Now i can happily use them Very Happy
s70princess
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
I've made my own soap before and from looking at the list of your ingredients, I say it is a pretty natural soap and only seems to contain the main ingredients need to make soap (fat and base) ... and not too much harsh extras. It looks good to me, looks pretty standard and simple.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
I make soap, and some of these ingredients are familiar.
Sodium palmate is palm oil. It helps make the bar of soap harder, and is moisturizing
Coconut Oil helps the soap have a good lather
Glycerin is a bi product of soap making, a lot of larger manufacturers actually separate this from their soap and sell it. It is very moisturuzing.
Titanium dioxide is what is making the soap white. (unless they colored it.) It is a natural occurring mineral. It doesn't really do anything except give stuff a white color. It's used in paint, plastic, and most cosemetics.
NaOh is Sodium Hydroxide. (aka Lye) The chemical reaction between the Lye and oils is what makes soap.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
i'm no expert, buy lye, i would not put on my face--it is a harsh surfectant. it has been used for centuries to make soap, but it really dries out the skin and disrupts the ph. i much prefer castille-type soaps, with naturally-saponifying oils.

avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
I got this from the cosmeticscop website:

sodium hydroxide. Also known as lye, it’s a highly alkaline ingredient used in small amounts in cosmetics to modulate the pH of a product. It is also used as a cleansing agent in some cleansers. In higher concentrations it is a significant skin irritant

avalange when I read the above on the cosmeticscop website I was shocked. Shock I always thought that lye was a big no-no, but many of the products that I use contain small amounts of sodium hydroxide (they apparently do not call it lye on the ingredient lists!). I guess that in large amounts this ingredient could be a problem but if it is used to modulate the pH of a product then I guess you would have to look at the pH of the product of itself to see if it was alkaline or not.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Soap can not be made without lye. During a process called saponifcation. The oils in the soap and lye produce a chemical reaction, that makes soap. Once this reaction occurs (takes anywhere from 2-8 weeks depending on the oils, lye, and water ratio used) the lye is totally chemically changed to soap.
The only soaps that do not contain lye are not actually soaps. They are detergents, and usually harsh on your skin by themselves, that is why a lot of manufacturers add moisturizers to their product.
If you are nervous about the harshness of lye in soap, get a few ph strips and test the soap. The closer a soap is to a ph of 7, the more gentle it is.
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:54 am      Reply with quote
avalange,

Castile soap is an olive oil based soap, that is made with oil, lye, and water. Olive oil is very gentle on your skin. Pure Castile soap is gentle enough to use on newborn babies.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:01 am      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek wrote:
avalange,

Castile soap is an olive oil based soap, that is made with oil, lye, and water. Olive oil is very gentle on your skin. Pure Castile soap is gentle enough to use on newborn babies.

Wow, thank you for that--I guess it does make sense that the chemical reaction changes the quality of the lye.

My Castile (liquid) soap merely says: "Saponified organic olive and coconut oils with retained glycerin" and then jojoba, lavendar, lavendin, hemp oils, vitamin e.

I figured it did not have any harsh surfectants in it, but then, according to your post, it still doesn't. Smile

thank you for the clarification!

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
jlrobatzek
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:35 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome. The word 'Saponified' means that the lye and oil chemically reacted to make soap.
Where did you get this soap? The ingredients sound wonderful. I'd love to get some and try it out. I'm always looking for new soaps to try.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 9:56 am      Reply with quote
jlrobatzek, have you checked out the soaps at chidoriya world? They have all of their ingredients listed, and they are gentle and amazing! I'm getting ready to post a review, but if you would like to see for yourself the address is chidoriyaworld.com . I never thought I'd see the day that I would rave about a bar soap...

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz

Thanks. The site looks very interesting. I said I wasn't going to spend anymore on skincare until I used up some of what I have, but I might have to make an exception.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:28 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |