Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: JI Complete Colour in Cedar Rose
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sundae
5% products discount

Mon May 29, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
My EDS package arrived a while back so I thought I might post a review on the Jane Iredale cream blusher since no one else has done it before. I bought the Complete Colour in Cedar Rose and it comes in a small container with a flip top that looks exactly the same as the pressed powder blush. For those JI fans, the colour looks a lot like Dubonnet (pressed powder blush) except that it's even paler and I have to put quite a bit on in order for some colour to show. As a blush, the finish is completely natural looking and lasts for quite a while (I do reapply during lunch tho) and smells of vanilla. However, I would not recommend using it on the lips as the colour is way too pale.

All in all, I quite like this product and would recommend to anyone looking for a natural looking blush that they can carry around and don't need a brush to apply.

All in all, I

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this a while back in the "Soft Pink" shade and I was much less impressed with it.

The texture feels a little bit "waxy"? and difficult to blend ... it doesn't seem to adhere or bond with the skin, it feels like it just sits on top of my skin ... feels like "slippery powder", never fully dries or bonds. On my lips, it was a bit drying and waxy ... doesn't adhere to the lips, and I had to apply very carefully (and use a lipliner), otherwise it "bleeds" outside the lip line. On eyes, it creased really really badly. I don't know what it is about this product, but it doesn't seem to bond to the skin and just sits on top, the shade looks nice when I first apply it but it fades in no time, no lasting power at all -- I chose a very light shade, so perhaps it has less staying power because there isn't as much dark pigment in it?? .. I'm not sure, but I won't be trying this product again. I loved the colour in the compact ... I only wish it performed half as good as it looked in the pan.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |