Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Acne on the neck??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Bridget
5% products discount

Mon May 29, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
So I've been having serious acne outbreaks lately on my neck. We're not talking 1 or 2 zits, but maybe 5 or 6 MONSTERS within the past two weeks alone. It's definitely to the point where I need to pause and wonder what's going on.

I've rarely experienced acne in this area before and this makes me think there must be some specific cause of this I'm not aware of. Does anyone have any guesses of what I might be doing wrong? Do you guys get acne on your neck?
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I seldom get them there, only those times of the month before my period.. Might be your laundry soap, or your hair?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:19 am      Reply with quote
Occasionally I might get one or two there but not often.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Don't know what the weather is like in your world right now, but it's hotter than Hades in Chicago right now and the humidty is stifling. I don't have issues with the breakouts on the neck, but hubby does. This weather tends to bring it out.

Maybe try treating your neck as you would your face for a break out. Dirt, hair, products, sweat is a combination begging for a breakout.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
I am constantly dealing with neck acne. There can be many culprits. First things to check - anything that touches your neck, new or unchanged pillowcases, new sunscreen, makeup, moisturizer, hairspray, new detergent, new boyfriend (kisses Smile ). Also check your diet, any changes? Dairy can be a big one. And hormones can cause flair ups. Have you recently begun or ended birth control? Nine times out of ten I get acne on my temples, jawline and neck due to a new hair conditioner.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Candy--- treating your neck like you do your face could help a lot. Maybe try some masks and acne serums?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
Weird - I've been dealing with that lately myself. I've been treating that area like I do my face but it doesn't seem to make it better. I think it might be my hair products but I'm not sure what else to you instead. Any other ideas out there? Sad
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
I have a really sensitive neck area, which means if I apply ANYTHING that I use for my combo skin, it will probably break out (even things like Decleor balms or balancing oils)

I would avoid using any products in the area and cleanse with a gentle face gel. Also it pays to cleanse your neck after you have washed and conditioned your hair, to remove any buildup.

Try to wash the area with cleanser in the morning as well, because things like sweat + oil can cause breakouts.

As for treating the spots.. I would go for straight tea tree or clary sage essential oil. And perhaps a spot treatment using clay masks.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
I never get pimples on my neck... but a year ago for about a period of 4 months I used to get these nasty zits on my chest and back which I never had a breakout before. So it was kind of weird. Sometimes your body is going through hormonal changes, and this can trigger breakouts in certain areas where you've never had breakouts before. I would suggest putting tea tree oil on the area, and just keep it clean.
If these breakouts are not due to hormones, it can be because of other factors like pillow cases, laundry detergent, change in diet, sweat etc.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm having a few broke out on my neck too! Maybe I'm putting too much moisturizer on it recently because I want to get rid of my lines there.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

i had a big struggle with break outs for a six months time a few months back....and i used to get breakouts(all kinds including cystic
) around my jaw line and on the neck right below my jaw line and a few smaller ones even below that. people who sat right in front facing me wouldnt even know that i had acne issues......but it was so bad that after trying antibiotics (worked well while i was on) I actually contemplated Accutane and almost got it. But in my case it was purely hormonal(PCOS)..and thankfully I saw my ob/gyn before starting accutane and he started me on PCOS treatment and my acne got 95% clear in a couple of months....i am happy because Accutane wouldnt have helped anyways...........So please get your hormones checked by seeing a endocrinologist if you suspect it is hormonal and it is persisiting for more than a couple of months! HTH
betty77
5% products discount

Tue May 30, 2006 8:40 am      Reply with quote
Sodium lauryl sulfate which is in many shampoos and shower gels is known to irritate some people I find that it doesn't do much for me it is an industrial degreaser and they put it in everything so that you get lots of foam while washing your hair. As well is causing spots it is thought to contribute to thinning hair!
s70princess
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
In my experience, I used to get acne on my neck during PMS ... and it was made worse if I was sleeping on a pillowcase that needed changing, or by the conditioner residue that trickled down my neck when I rinsed my hair in the shower. Maybe try BCPs if you have hormonal acne that is worsening ... or try keeping your hair up as much as possible until it clears up.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |