Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

StriVectin Repair & Protect Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Phyto-C Phyto Gel (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml)
help finding skin care for Mom
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Allie Grace
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone suggest a reasonably priced line of products for me...I am looking for my mom:)

She is 66, smoker(always quitting), dry to normal, no big problem with enlarged pores, some sun damage, dicolorations, sagging and wrinkles. I think what bothers her most is the eye area, heavy bags under and over the eyes and dark circles- does'nt run in the family and she thinks it was caused by malaria(sp?) as a child. Good Lord LOL, she sounds like a monster! Actually she is gorgeous with dark hair and green eyes and a nice figure. She has a beautiful widows peak which she likes but covers it with bangs because she feels her brow is too wrinkled.

she has been watching me try new products I have learned about from this forum- with a wary eye and skeptical attitude- I ramble on and on about a new stuff I am trying and her response has been a tight lipped-"good luck" LOL. But now she is seeing a difference in my skin over the last few months and is interested. She has always used oil of olay but is finally willing to try something different. I need some help finding a line of product for her. Especially the eye area, something to help depuff the upper and lower bags.

I personally have been using cellular skin rx line- VitC sreum, age limit refinishing serum, biolipid repair cream. This has been working great for me so far and while our skin is different in many ways, "mom" and I have some of the same sensitivities, so this product may be a safe bet. I was thinking of ordering her the trial kit, it's around $21 which is more than reasonable. http://www.cellularskinrx.com/products_aha.html (scroll down the link page to see the travel kit)

Any other suggestions welcome please!!!! I think a Vit C Serum would be good as she is a smoker- right? If she has a bad reaction to something I am in trouble LOL. Not really, but looking for something that has a good reputation with mature skin.

Allie Grace
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 11:21 am      Reply with quote
I think what you have suggested would be an excellent choice for your mum Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 29, 2006 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
I think what you have suggested would be an excellent choice for your mum Very Happy

well thankyou rosebud! I agree LOL, think I'll go ahead and order it. Had her try something for her eyes the other day- made 'em worse- zia product. It was hydrating and made her puffies worse and stung. So feeling a bit unsure here and thought I'd post and get second opinions. She wants to try Burts bees serum like I am using...keeping fingers crossed.

Allie Grace
System
Automatic Message
Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Clarks Botanicals Retinol Rescue Overnight Cream (50 ml) Osea Ocean Lotion (180 ml / 6 floz) BDB The Jet Setter (3 items)