Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
What is your MOST favorite pair of jeans?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
It seems strange that so many of us have a hard time finding jeans long enough for us. It makes me wonder what the average height is that jeans are created for. Or are we all super tall? What IS the average height that jeans are made for? Because at least 95% of them are too short for me wearing flats. Oh and just forget it if you want to wear heals, you know?
Btw, here is a link to the Hudson Super Model jeans (they look funny on the mannequin here but I swear they fit sooo great). They are made to have an EXTRA LONG inseam which is great in sizes 24-29.
http://www.shopkitson.com/index.php?pageId=3&productId=1293&categoryId=197&startFrom=1&PHPSESSID=e06305a5dc07e6bc182c57a5785bcee0

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
My hat is off to all of you who have those nice long legs that you can't find jeans for (you go!).

Since the population has stopped getting taller and is just getting wider, it probably won't get any easier to get long jeans (unless one of you start your own line of jeans! Smile ).

As for me, I stick with the classic Levi's 501s (prewashed). They are the only jeans that make my butt look good Razz . Plus, I am an artist with ADD, and I never know when I am going to end up wiping plaster or paint on my clothes (it can happen any time, day or night!), and that just doesn't work on expensive designer jeans.

One thing I do, though, is to alter my 501s, narrowing them from the top of the knee down, which makes them look more feminine on me. I'm probably horribly out of style, but I'm comfortable with it, and I guess that's the main thing Smile

--B
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:28 am      Reply with quote
nothing in particular, still looking
Rolling Eyes
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
i love diesel jeans.....
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm only 5' tall and I have terrible trouble finding jeans - nothing is ever short enough to fit me! Unfortunately I'm not skinny enough to shop in the kid's section Sad .

One of the few places which makes jeans short enough is Marks & Spencer (a UK store), but although their clothes can be quite reliable, they sure ain't couture.
freefall2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I have a lot of jeans but I love my Rock and Republic jeans the best, the Crown ones and the Roth. They are both long and have a little stretch. The denim has a faint pattern of vertical lines that are very slimming. I also have a pair of Citizens of Humanity that are a great fit. I get my jeans from Overstock auctions. I've never paid more than $50 including shipping for jeans that retail for around $180. Every once in a while I end up with a pair that don't fit but there is always somebody around here to give them to. I wish sizing was standardized. It would make it so much easier to shop from down here. Darn it, I swore I wouldn't but I just bid on a pair of jeans while I was looking for these photos of the ones I bought.

ImageImage

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
fifi - You should try Gap. Their "Ankle" jeans length is great for shorties. In fact, I'm only 5ft 2in, and it's too short for me! (Mind you, my legs are relatively long for my height.)

If M&S petite work for you, then I'm pretty sure Gap will too. The Long & Leans look good on us little people. Very Happy
Linnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Liz Claiborne, classic cut. Very hard to find in Canada, these days. And the Web site doesn't deliver in Canada.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 12:27 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
fifi - You should try Gap. Their "Ankle" jeans length is great for shorties. In fact, I'm only 5ft 2in, and it's too short for me! (Mind you, my legs are relatively long for my height.)

If M&S petite work for you, then I'm pretty sure Gap will too. The Long & Leans look good on us little people. Very Happy

Thanks for the tip majorb! I've never tried Gap jeans, but there's quite a big store in my local mall so will try some on when I next go shopping Smile .
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:19 am      Reply with quote
I am absolutely in love with my Paige Denim jeans. I ordered them from America on the net, and am soooo in love with them, that I can not tell you. They fit me like a glove and are a soft comfy denim. My little sister's name is Paige ( I named her), so I couldn't resist buying them and I am sooo glad I did. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THEM XXXX Very Happy
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone buying into the skinny jeans trend?
amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:03 am      Reply with quote
oooh, good thread Smile

Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
Someone mentioned drying jeans. I don't use the dryer on any of my jeans, ever. I did that once and it shortened about 2cm or a little more than a half inch. I wash them in cold water with liquid fabric softener and then let them hang to dry. If you remove them when the wash finishes and shake them a few times they should look okay. They sell a fabric softener here (and probably in America as well) that is made for "less wrinkles" or sometimes it says "easy iron". Either one works better than regular fabric softener and it does help a bit with wrinkles.

I NEVER machine dry my jeans- even before I started buying stretch jeans (the heat destroys the elasticity). A few times in high school my clothes got put into the dryer (my ignorant dad just trying to help out) before I could get to them. It was so upsetting! I ended up with giving my pants to my mom or cutting them off for grubby shorts then had to head out and buy new ones.

Candy8865 wrote:
christine wrote:
True Religion!!! Love love love this jean !!
I wish Canada would sell them cheaper .. it's like $300-400 here while in US is only $100-200 Sad

Never heard of these - but just went to their web site. The whole time all I'm thinking is 'someone needs to feed that woman (the model) a pot roast!'.

rofl !!

dollbird wrote:

ha!- no. only some people can get away with it...

fifi- you are the same height as my friend. She has to have most of her pants hemmed (poor thing). We have the opposite problem.

I own only two pairs of jeans b/c I am super picky when it comes to jeans and by the time I find a pair that I like they are usually on the expensive side. I'm really hard to fit (I have that large "athletic" derriere- small waist thing going on so by the time I fine 'em large enough for my hips and rear end they are usually way too big around the waist.) But length is always the biggest deal... it's always hard to find 'em long enough. I have really liked it the last five+ years when the trend to wear heels with jeans came into the picture b/c it bettered my chances at finding jeans long enough! These such jeans are "just right" in length for me. Come to think of it, one of my common comments when jeans shopping is "why do designers automatically think that a tall woman has a big stomach?" In fact a few years ago when I was a couple of sizes bigger when I was more of a hard core athlete and thus had more muscular legs than I do now I couldn't even think about trying on all those cute jeans my friends wore. I couldn't even get them past my thighs for cryin' out loud! Laughing And I even had less % body fat then compared to now. Geesh. One of my life long dreams is to start a clothing line for athletic women.

Also, I LOVE stretch jeans. Just enough so they don't bag out and but not too much so they don't grab at all the wrong places.

With the whole low rise trend I have had mixed experiences. I am short crotched (or whatever) i.e., low rise jeans are a blessing; however, if they are too low in the back- bad news! Don't want amnis having any plumber-butt action going on!

Anyway, my all time FAVORITE pair or jeans- and they have been holding steady at this rank for over a year now- are Salt Works Orchard Street. Buying them broke the bank for me but I would rather have one pair of really good fitting jeans than a few ok fitting jeans.

and (yay) I can take advantage of the post-a-picture option (these are from the Salt Works website):

ImageImage
[/img]

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
my favorite jeans are frankie b and juicy couture.. frankie b's fit fabulously and their denim is really light and soft.. i love them!
i also like the fit of true religions but at 400$ cad i'd never buy them.. same goes for the r&r's.
tularyn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Right now my favorite pair is a DKNY jean that I found at Marshalls!

I have a few other pairs of DKNY pants, and I find that she really cuts for bodies like mine--smaller waist, big butt, ample hips/thighs. They don't gap at the waist or pull at the thighs... LOVE!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
Jeans that have elastic all around the waist. Rolling Eyes
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:32 am      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:

I think skinny jeans are ugly even if you are skinny. Not that I could ever get my thighs into a pair of skinny jeans.. but I still don't think they're all that flattering on anyone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I mostly hate jeans! I live in FL and for all but a few days of the year wear shorts or skirts. I did need some jeans (and other pants)when I went to visit my mom in NY at Thanksgiving two years ago. I got a pair of Lands End boot cut (not so glamorous I know!) but they did fit me really well. They have a bit of stetch to them. The only bad part is that either they shrunk a bit shorter in the wash or I should have gotten a longer inseam. They look silly w/shoes now, so I tend to wear them on coolish FL days where I can still wear sandals- you can't tell that they shrunk that way. Laughing
SusieQ
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:06 am      Reply with quote
At this point in my life, right now Diane Gilman are fantastic and made for a woman's body.
Bendecido

Sun Jun 18, 2006 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
For anyone who has a lil more junk in the trunk n u can never find jeans that fit over you butt and fit your waist nicely! YOU HAVE TO TRY "Joe's Jeans" in the HONEY CUT! they work wonders and are now offically my fav jean!!
second runner up is Citizens of HUmanity - Ingrid or kelly cut!! Very Happy
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
dollbird wrote:

I think skinny jeans are ugly even if you are skinny. Not that I could ever get my thighs into a pair of skinny jeans.. but I still don't think they're all that flattering on anyone.

I thought so, too, until I've tried on a pair of Marlow black skinny jeans, they are so comfortable and make my legs look a bit longer. I also look like my mom twenty something years ago Laughing Laughing Laughing I am not so crazy about them. My favorite ones are still the boot cut.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |