Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

very dry sensitive skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
superman21

Tue Feb 24, 2004 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Hello! I am miserable in my skin. It's so dry and sensitive. When it's very dry, I blush easily. When I sweat or get stressed out my face breaks into hives. I used to have acne when I was a teen. Now the acne is gone, but I'm left with huge pores. I use a couple different neutrogena moisterizers and none do the job. The day moisterizer feels to waxy and the water based one is too light. I only cleanse with water because my skin is too sensitive. I use neutrogena daily scrub a couple times a week to cleanse and remove dead skin. I don't like to use anything because at times my skin is left feeling dry/raw/irritated. Can someone help me? email me at swiderski21@hotmail.com.....
i need something natural and soothing....
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Superman21,

I have combination/sensitive skin. It's all right most of the time. But many times a year, I am under bouts of eczema attack: very dry, itchy, red patches suddenly appear on my face to torture me for at least one week and leave behind very dry, scaly skin. This is the list of "natural and soothing" ptds that I use on those dark days and they help me tremendously:
-To cleanse: CETAPHIL ( the best cleanser for sensitive skin that even water can hurt
Sad)
-To soothen: DECLEOR AROMESSENCE ROSE D'ORIENT ( very natural and soothing)
-To moisturize: DECLEOR HARMONIE SOOTHING EMULSON (AM) and DECLEOR ROSE D'ORIENT NIGHT BALM (PM)

PS: These ptds are safe even for baby skin ( my aunt's baby girl) and for guys ( my boyfriend and my cousins)Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy. Hope this helps.
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 24, 2004 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
Just want to add in case you are clueless:P
- You can get CETAPHIL in any friendly drugstore.
- You can ask the ladies at EDS to send you samples of DECLEOR ptds to try before making decision. They are super kind and generous in giving advise and samples.
alohagirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 26, 2004 1:07 am      Reply with quote
Superman21,

If stress and sweating cause you to get hives, you have a condition called "Cholinergic Urticaria."

To learn more, do a search on google.com. There is no cure, but you'll eventually grow out of it. In the meantime, certain antihistamines might help prevent the hives.

leeleedeedee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2004 3:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Superman21!

If you want some soothing/natural products than Dr. Hauschka (now sold here at EDS) is the answer.

I have been where you are. My skin was so sensitive and dehydrated I couldn't even cleanse it with water anymore. Everything irritated it. I used so many wrong products for my extremely sensitive skin. I used strong AHA's, cleansers with too many preservatives and serums that were just too harsh for my skin. It all left my skin in a terrible state. Dry/dehydrated/sensitive and just plain blah!

Dr. Hauschka uses organically grown botanicals grown in Germany especially for their products. These botanicals are extremely gentle/soothing and many are based on "rose" since this flower works at balancing the skin, which is the theory behind Dr. Hauscka's skin care line.

May I suggest some products I have used which have helped me immensely? The "Cleansing Milk" is extremely gentle. Very good for the skin. Will not irritate.

There are three moisturizers based on skin type. "Moisturizing Day Cream" is the lightest. I have very dry skin and I even liked this moisturizer. "Quince Day Cream" is a little richer. My favourite, as mentioned here many times is their "Rose Day Cream." This is their best selling product. It is a very rich cream that deeply soothes, hydrates and moisturizes. Just lovely and I have already gone through about 2 tubes of this cream.

There is a "Firming Mask" that is also very rich and soothing for dry skin. I have heard of people using it whenever they have over exfoliated or used other harsh products. It is soooo soothing and healing. Wonderful for dry skin. It hydrates and firms.

Their "Rejuvenating Mask" is excellent for large pores and blemishes. So, you may want to try that one. None of their products are harsh

Dr. Haushka has their own website if you ever want to find out more about their products.

I hope this helps you and you can find some soothing relief for your skin.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |