Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dessert that's good for your skin!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
I admit it, I'm pretty much addicted to desserts. And not just any desserts, no, the ones that are the worst for your skin and contain all kinds of processed sugar, trans fats, etc like Swiss Cake Rolls. (yumm...) All that yucky stuff definitely gunks up your insides and prolly contributes to break outs, and let's face it, I need all the help I can get! So recently what I've been doing is making batches of skin-friendly chocolate pudding in my blender. I pour it into single-serving tupperware cups and enjoy it over the next few days--- it's really satisfying! Here's my recipe:

Manslayerliz's Skin-Friendly Chocolate Pudding

12 oz block silken soft tofu
1/2 cup maple syrup (the REAL stuff)
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4-1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (less or more depending on how much you like PB)

Whir it all up in the blender, spoon into smaller containers, and chill in the fridge for at least an hour or two to let it thicken. The tofu and peanut butter, aside from being nutrient-rich, are full of protein which will give you energy and keep you feeling full. The maple syrup is apparently good for your skin AND has a cleansing effect on your body. (it's always an ingredient in those "master cleanser" diets...) Cocoa of course is FULL of antioxidents. And, if all of this wasn't enough, I've been buying this new kind of PB with omega-3s in it to really pack a one-two punch! So, if you're like me and addicted to sweets, please try the pudding--- your skin will thank you for it! Take that, acne!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Yummy! This is a must try. Thanks Liz!

I love love desserts but I must try not to have desserts everyday or I could easily gain 2-3 lbs a week. Sad

I let myself go last month and for the past three weeks I could not get rid of all the weight that I gained from those desserts. Mad
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I know, I think one of the reasons my skin cleared up was because I stopped eating crap. They say its not true, eating greasy food and all but I still believe it does contribute to acne, I really think it does. Your pudding sounds yummy, if I didn't have to watch my sugar I'd try it. Maybe I can substitute the maple syrup with stevia.. I dunno that would probably change the consitancy too much. I like the idea of tofu in it and peanut butter, I will have to experiment with my own pudding recipe one day.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to ask a rude question PhoebesMeow, but are you a diabetic? I think that you could make it work with substitutions. One idea would be to add 1/4 cup maple syrup and then 1/4 cup stevia-sweetened water to keep a little of the mapley taste (really adds to the flavor of the pudding!), but if that's still too much sugar, I think 1/3 cup of stevia-sweetened water could make a reasonable substitute for the 1/2 cup syrup....

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I've been trying to incorporate more tofu into my diet and this recipe sounds like a yummy way to do it. Thanks manslayerliz! Smile
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
No, I'm not diabetic but alot of people in my family are, it scares me. I get hypoglycemia alot and went to a doctor a couple years ago about fainting after waking up and he said it was from my blood sugar. It was really scary, after I would wake up I'd walk to the kitchen only to have my vision slowly fade and I'd pass out. I try to limit my sugar intake to almost no sugar, but a little bit of fruit now and then. I feel alot stronger these days without eating sugar, I don't get that weak icky feeling I used to always get, plus by almost eliminating my sugar intake I think one of the benefits is my skin being so clear. Also, like 75% of my immediate family has diabetes and not all of them are overweight so with the hypoclycemia in effect I felt diabetes was around the corner and I had to do something. I still eat the occasionally sugary treat now and then but always try to share it with someone. Sugar free popscicles, sugar free hard candies and sugar free cappuccino are my saviors! Its true when you cut it out you crave it less, I used to be a huge chocoholic now I find the sugar free fudgcicles (only 30 calories!) hit the spot when I crave chocolate. Or the BEST if you haven't tried it yet is the new Dannon Whips Yogurt in Chocolate cherry. You HAVE to try it, its not low sugar or anything but its low fat. It tastes like a cake filling! About once a month, when I'm at my moms we'll share one of those. Its HEAVEN.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |