Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Need a new skincare line
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry skin type that is prone to breakouts. I have been using Dr. Hauschka skincare line for the past while. At first I experienced the purdging process and then after that my skin was looking great. My pores diminished in size, blackheads were gone and my mild acne has calmed down. I'm still continuing to use Dr. H... I use the cleansing milk and CC with the facial toner day and night. But now i'm experiencing acne problems. Sad I tried to wait it out to see if my breakouts would stop but I keep on getting a new zit everyday. Although Dr. H continues to help with my pore size and blackheads, but, I'm thinking of discontinue using Dr. H due to the breakouts Im having now. I need to find another skincare line that is more productive. Most skincare lines that target acne dries up my skin really badly. I need something that wont strip my moisture barrier ( I liked Dr. H because of the fact it didnt dry up my skin).
Any suggestions for new skincare line for my poor skin?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I would recommend a combination of PSF and Juice Beauty. I've found most of the products from both lines to be very gentle, so you won't get dried out, but they have a lot of good weapons for acne. (For example, PSF: Acne Mud Mask, O2 toner, Balancing Oil, etc. Juice Beauty: Blemish Serum, Green Apple Peel, Green Apple Cleanser, etc.) HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Liz on the Juice Beauty stuff. I just got my PSF order so I can't comment on their products yet. My Juice Beauty regime is pretty similar to Liz's except for the Green Apple Cleanser. I use the regular cleanser instead.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
I like Juice Beauty as well (although I've only been using it for about half a week so far). But so far I really like their Blemish Clearing Serum (no new breakouts!) and the Antioxidant. I also like the Green Apple Cleanser for the AM. I did buy the Sheer Moisturizer with SPF30, but I think it might be making me a little more shiney throughout the day.

I also really like the Dermalogica line, although I think the JB Blemish Clearing Serum worked better for me than the Dermalogica Medicated Clearing Gel (although my friend loves the Med Clearing Gel).

See if you can get some samples to try things out before committing.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BCGirl,

I think you are the one who is using Dr. Hauschka and Kiehl's, right?
Well, I'll tell you that as soon as I stopped using Kiehl's, all of my skin problems went away. I was addicted to Ultra Moisturizer, and when I switched to OSEA products, the difference could not have been more pronounced--now I have supple, soft, glowing skin, for the most part. I had rough, whiteheady skin with frequent breakouts. I have been using osea for over ten years, but just recently i added some PSF and skinceuticals to my regime, since as I age OSEA isn;t as advanced as I would like it to be. I seem to remember that you are young, so you just need a really good line full of natural ingredients and a nice sunscreen.
I recommend:
Osea Ocean Cleanser, alternating with a creamy cleanser, like PSF's Green Tea
Atmosphere Protection Cream (very neutral and nourishing anti-acneic day cream)
sunscreen of your choice (I like skinceuticals)
And Osea Essential corrective oil for pimples (this REALLY works, and it is all natural--you can also make it yourself, since it is all an oil blend--ingredients listed on their website).
Also, when I'm on a real budget, I buy Desert Essence and Living Nature, they are really nice.
It sounds to me like you are overtreating your face, for it to be dry and breaking out at the same time.
Start by drinking lots of water for about two weeks, and being as gentle as you can--no harsh soaps, just an enzymatic cleanser, and a light cream and sunscreen during the day. Maybe Jojoba at night.

HTH!
avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I too recomend the Dermaolgica line Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:23 am      Reply with quote
I really like PSF the O2 serum works for me and calms redness and heals zits. You might also try their Retinol product if you're not using a Retinod. I use Tazorac which has totally cured my adult acne (except when I forget to use it). The PSF cleansers and Perfecting skin cream are also quite nice and reasonably priced.

I also use the OCM and an occasional aspirin mask and the ACV toner.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:58 am      Reply with quote
I use some juice beauty products and love them and I have also used Dermalogica and had success. The only thing that cleared up my adult acne and kept my skin moisturized is Neutrogena AntiWrinkle AntiBlemish cleanser and Moisturizer.

P.S. I tried Dr. H too and it made my acne worse.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I think you are the one who is using Dr. Hauschka and Kiehl's, right?
I use Dr. H for my face and Kiehl's for the body. So my breakouts on the face is not the result of kiehl's. However i've tried Kiehl's face products before on my face like moisturizers and such... and you are right, they do trigger blemishes.

Quote:
manslayerliz
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 4:29 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would recommend a combination of PSF and Juice Beauty. I've found most of the products from both lines to be very gentle, so you won't get dried out, but they have a lot of good weapons for acne. (For example, PSF: Acne Mud Mask, O2 toner, Balancing Oil, etc. Juice Beauty: Blemish Serum, Green Apple Peel, Green Apple Cleanser, etc.) HTH!

I too have been wondering about Juice Beauty Products. I've only used their Green Apple peel. I looked up the green apple cleanser and it says for normal, oily skin... and my skin is quite dry. With a lot of cleansers I notice it really makes my skin more dry.

Quote:
rosebud
Posted: Wed May 31, 2006 3:44 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I too recomend the Dermaolgica line

I've tried dermalogica in the past. I liked their ultracalming cleanser and gentle soothing booster. The special cleansing gel really dried up my skin badly. I use the daily microfiliant once in a while, but I find it dries up my skin a bit too.
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
BCGirl,

I think you should get some samples of PSF and Osea and see how they work for you, don't lose hope!
And living nature creamy cleanser is gentle, balancing, and lovely--it is perfect for dry skin, and it is so inexpensive--just do a search on it.
Perhaps you should try a couple of things from a few different companies, based on what you need.

Best,
avalange

Here's the specs for the creamy cleanser:

VITALISING CREAMY CLEANSER
With manuka honey. To gently lift impurities without stripping your skin’s natural oils. It is great for removing makeup and can be used for sensitive or eczema skin. Packaged in glass bottle with pump.

Ingredients: water, macademia oil, avocado oil, meadowfoam extract, wheat straw extract, kumerahou extract, grapefruit oil, Vitamin E, honey extract, lavender oil, manuka oil, manuka honey, totara extract, tea tree oil, lemon myrtle oil.

And I really do recommend Osea:

Osea Ocean Cleanser

Specially Made for Dry and Sensitive Skin
This formula is a gentle daily cleanser for balanced, dry and sensitive skin. This gentle marine-based cleanser effectively removes dirt and impurities while hydrating and re-mineralizing the skin.

Made from Red Algae
Red Algae, a mineral rich variety of marine algae extremely high in microelements, proteins, vitamins, mineral salts and amino acids gently cleanses the skin to allow greater permeability. Ocean Cleanser is free of chemical surfactants and great for easy makeup removal.

Ingredients 100% Natural Derived – Red Algae Gel Extract, Decyl Glucoside (Vegetable Foaming Agent), Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acids, Sorbitan Olivate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Natural Smectite Clay), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Essential Oils of: Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Juniferus Communis (Juniper) Fruit Oil, Cupressus Sempervirens (Cypress) Seed Oil, and Jasminum Officinale (Jasmine) Oil, Lactic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Glycine (Amino Acids), Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Glycine, Chlorophyll Extract.

6oz.

Cruelty-free

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 8:50 am      Reply with quote
^ thanks Smile i'll really look into that
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |