Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
:: Review :: Valmont Daily Balance Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Right now, I am visiting family now who lives in a much more humid climate than where I live. Being in a humid area gives my skin a tendency to be oily and gross. Also makes me breakout a lot. Thats when balance serum comes to the rescue. When I first arrived to visit family, I was a little worried that the humidity and ISC super will be too much (make my skin oily) and make it breakouts.

This serum spreads easily and you dont need very much of it. it keeps my face from looking shiny all day. Also, somehow, it makes this little wanna be cystic acne dissapear (one of those bumps that hurts and you know that it will be cystic acne in a couple of days).

Overall, very happy with it, however, it smells kinda bad. Unlike renewing pack or bio cellular that smell good, the smell of balance serum makes me want to throw up.
But oh well, just suck it up for having non oily face Smile
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
oh, and one more thing... will def buy again when mine runs out Smile
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
but doesn't it feel really nice when you put it on???!!!
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
it does feel really nice when i put it on. just have to hold my breath for a couple of seconds.
Mabsy

Tue May 30, 2006 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
It smells bad? Wow, I thought all Valmont products had that nice signature sent... I wonder if I have a sample of this to try - I'm really curious now to find out what it smells like even though it's probably not a product that is essential for my skin.

Glad you like it otherwise though Smile
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 11:25 pm      Reply with quote
roadtonowhere wrote:
Overall, very happy with it, however, it smells kinda bad. Unlike renewing pack or bio cellular that smell good, the smell of balance serum makes me want to throw up.
But oh well, just suck it up for having non oily face Smile

Hmm...it sounds strange to me. I'm using the Valmont line now, having about 20 different Valmont products (but didn't have the balance serum), the smell is more or less the same. One of my friends is a Valmont fan, I'll ask her about the smell of that serum.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm a Valmont user too, and I've also only tried a sample of this. I found the smell a little "off" as well, but did not think it smelled bad. Just not as great as the rest of the line I guess. Was great on my face though and am still considering purchasing it. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
yes.. the smell of the other valmont products that I have are wonderful (renewing pack, dna serum, bio cellular serum). they smell almost the same. but the balance serum smeels not so wonderful.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Oh... the balance serum is good for oily skin, and thus, my friend has never tried that out before. She didn't know the smell but believes it may be slightly different from the others.

She also mentioned that this product has been discontinued for about one year. I understand it is quite unlikely to find your HG, but mind you to check out the expire date before purchasing it again.
sportygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I didn't realize this had been discontinued. I wondered why EDS did not stock this particular item. I won't be purchasing it elsewhere, as I'm certain it would be old stock and I'd be unsure of it's efficacy.

Ocha - thankyou for the information, that's really good to know! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
You're welcome Sportygirl. Smile If anyone who would like to find out their product range, check it out from their official website: www.valmont.ch
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
oh... i did not know that it is discontinued....
I got it from EDS on my mother's day order....
this has made me sad coz I thought I have found HG balancing serum Sad
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |