Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sunsilk Shampoo/ Conditioner
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 30, 2006 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I was going on a short trip to the UP, and wanted to pack light. usually I drag along my full-size hair products-- shampoo, conditioner, and styler-- or I squeeze them into smaller bottles, and usually end up wasting some because I never use up all I squeeze out, and it's messy to boot. Anyway. I saw these little promo collections of Sunsilk packaged in little cosmetics bags-- travel size of a shampoo, conditioner, and a "creme", which I assumed to be a styler. Perfect, I thought, for my up coming trip. There were four or five different formulations, and I picked the Hydra TLC stuff for dry hair with keratin.

I really wasn't expecting much out of this stuff, I just wanted it because it was in small bottles! But it was really nice, I must say. I thought it was cute that the bottles were pink, and all three products, especially the shamp, had a pink hue (very girly!). I used all three products-- put the creme on my damp hair, scrunched with a towel and let it air dry (didn't bring my hairdryer-- packing light!!), and my naturally curly hair dried very soft and my curls were defined. And it smelled nice too. Actually, it smelled like Dove hair products, which didn't surprise me because it's by the same company that makes Dove (Unilever). My boyfriend even used the shampoo, and liked it!

I don't think you can buy full size version of these products yet, but if you want to try them, keep an eye out for the promo packs.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I use the Sunsilk range all the time Very Happy
I especially like the Shampoo and Conditioner for sensitive scalps, oh and the hair mouses are good too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 5:49 am      Reply with quote
I had never heard of sunsilk until I ran across their website. They have an impressive looking line, I especially like the idea of the "anti-poof" one since I'm the queen of poof. I don't think I've ever seen it in stores. They're offering free samples of any of their lines here:
http://www.startsampling.com/sm/19381/captureAddress.iphtml?item=19381&source=sunsilk

Its for US only though

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:13 am      Reply with quote
We've just had the "new" reformulated and packaged line of Sunsilk products released here in Australia a week or so back... they have about 8 different ranges now ...ranging from Smooth and silky... to Super shine...Anti Flat ...etc etc and most of the groupings have their own styling product as well in the same colour packaging as the shampoo/conditioner variety. I am going to try them out now... I have been giving the Dove for hair coloured darker ( not long been out here in Aust too) and that's nice. I wish Dove ( bit off topic!) shampoos smelled like the Dove soap or Deodorant smell... I loveeeeee that smell. I had a Dove shampoo from a cheap shop which was made in France ...and it DID smell the Dove signature smell...but the range in Australia just doesnt. Is more like a slightly "apple" ish smell.... fresh and clean but not "dovey"!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:18 am      Reply with quote
when I was a kid, on Sunday mornings we always listened to a taperecording of a radio show from an English pirate radio station in the 60ies.

On this there's an ad for Sunsilk...
4 kinds of Sunsilk shampoo...
One is for you! (song)

and then they went on to say that regardless if you had long, short or no hair - Sunsilk had a shampoo that was just perfect!

Laughing Laughing

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
muzzie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
awww heheh... that's cute Ruth... we used to have a brand of shampoo back in the 70's here in Aust called Decore and the TV/radio ad went on for years... it was Dec- oray ( phonetically)Decore...decoree... as I shampppppoo my hair..
All to the tune of "Duke Of Earl" ...was very popular! Smile Memories..

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
It sounds like this line is already available in some places. Neat. Smile When I bought it I thought the name sounded familiar. It seems like they've reinvented the brand to be more appealing to younger girls. THe packaging was kind of gimmicky, and it has weird sayings on it-- Like "more hydrated than your boyfriend at the bar." Or something like that. The little collection I bought even came with word magnets to stick on your fridge.

I liked the products, though, and will keep an eye out for the full size stuff.

Muzzie, give these products a smell, I thought the one I bought in the pink bottles smelled pretty "Dovey". Very Happy
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I went to my nephew's first birthday party yesterday (Cutness!!! Very Happy ), and my sister's hair looked great. She said she's been using Sunsilk. I went out and bought some today, but I'm reading the ingredients, and it has sodium laureth sulfate in it. I know that sodium laurel sulfate is a big no-no, and I know for a fact that it frys my hair. I thought sodium laureth sulfate was bad too. Am I wrong? Should I use this stuff?
Lara1
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I went to my nephew's first birthday party yesterday (Cutness!!! Very Happy ), and my sister's hair looked great. She said she's been using Sunsilk. I went out and bought some today, but I'm reading the ingredients, and it has sodium laureth sulfate in it. I know that sodium laurel sulfate is a big no-no, and I know for a fact that it frys my hair. I thought sodium laureth sulfate was bad too. Am I wrong? Should I use this stuff?

Honestly, what's the worst that could happen? I mean, it's a SHAMPOO! Not rat poison. If you don't like the way it makes your hair feel, just stop using it. In fact, some of the best shampoos I've used have contained sodium laureth sulfate, and I have dry, brittle hair.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
I don't mean to sound so anal Embarassed. My hair is just not very healthy right now, and I'm trying to be careful not to damage it. I've had really bad experiences with shampoos containing sls. I'll give it a try, I guess.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:01 pm      Reply with quote
I can definitely understand Tosca's concern for sodium lauryl sulfate (also known as sodium laurel sulfate, or SLS) and its chemical relative, sodium laureth sulfate (i.e., sodium lauryl ether sulfate, or SLES)in shampoo. it's not so much that it fries my hair, i have just been reading a lot of negatives about the substance for awhile now. i do try to avoid the harsher surfectants and look for shampoos with gentler substances such as olein sulfonate and sodium coco sulfate. it's so hard to find a drugstore shampoo without SLS or SLES. Tosca, if you're around a trader joe's, definitely try their shampoos--they're quite gentle. their conditioners don't work as well though, so i'd skip those.

with conditioner, i am not as concerned and will use pretty much whatever as long as it's moisturizing. and i have to say i love the sunsilk hydrating one. it works great. i also adore the hydra TLC--makes hair so soft.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm... Thanks, skincareaddicted. I might try the Trader Joe's shampoos. I'm usually good about reading the ingredients if I'm buying drugstore shampoo. I guess I was just excited because her hair looked so good.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad to see this thread as I've seen the product in the store and wanted some opinions on the shampoo and conditioner. The price is sure right.
teatea
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:43 am      Reply with quote
i just tried this line out for the first time last month.
very impressive for something so inexpensive!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:45 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the Hydra TLC 24/7 creme on my wet hair as a leave-in sort of thing. It makes my hair soft, but the scent is starting to bug me. It's too strong!
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I have used this on and off for the last couple of years now, the Sunsilk brand has just revamped it's image too.
I especially like the Sensitive scalp formula.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Well ladies, I wish I could use less expensive shampoo and contioners, but since the change to Pureology there is no going back for me.
I love the line Very Happy but hat the prices Sad
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Oh no, sillie! I wish you hadn't told me that!!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I have Pureology's Volume Shampoo, and I will admit that it is awfully nice. I just wish it wasn't so darn expensive!! Luckily, a little of it goes a long way. Also, I've been alternating it with Alba Hawaiian's Honeydew Hairwash--- I swear the quality is REALLY close and the Alba is less than half the price...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I've been using the Hydra TLC 24/7 creme on my wet hair as a leave-in sort of thing. It makes my hair soft, but the scent is starting to bug me. It's too strong!

Yes, it is very strong! i love the way it makes my hair feel, so i guess i will use up the bottle and decide if i'd repurchase.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
I went ahead and tried the Sunsilk shampoo, and it didn't work well for me. I bought some Paves because I'd seen another thread (glossy hair, I think) where Carekate (I think) recommended it. I decided to try it first, since it's a little less expensive.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Tosca--I tried Paves and it didn't work for me, neither the shampoo or conditioner. i really liked the concept though, so i was really disappointed. i hope you like it better than i did.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:17 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I bought some Paves because I'd seen another thread (glossy hair, I think) where Carekate (I think) recommended it. I decided to try it first, since it's a little less expensive.
Yes, it was me that recommended it: I adore the Paves No Sulfates Allowed shampoo, but I'm not really fond of the matching conditioners. The other must-have product from Paves is his shine serum as it gives shine without greasiness or heavy silicones.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 25, 2006 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Paves shampoo this morning, and I'm having a really good hair day. Hopefully, that means it will work for me. I do notice that it seems silkier and softer today.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |