Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Alima Cosmetics Mineral Makeup?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Alima? It has rave reviews for their foundation on MUA so now I'm curious. I think I'll probably order some samples but wanted to check with everyone here first. TIA!
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Curious if anyone has used this line? I ordered some samples as well and I wanted to find out any feedback on this site. Makeupalley has rave reviews by it's posters?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hi bergquis! I received my first order of samples about a week ago and the second round today. What all did you order? I love the foundation and think it's everything that the MUA reviewers say it is. I've tried a few others and never liked MMU because they were too cakey looking. Alima isn't, especially if you mist your face after or apply it with a damp brush. It's actually very creamy that way, but not oily/shiny. I actually like a little bit of a glow, so I LOVED their luminous shimmer blush. It just gives a nice glow, but if you use too much I'm sure it can look too shiny.

For my second round of samples I ordered more blushes and more lip balms to try, plus a couple of the bronzers and finishing powders. I'll let you know how those go as well.

By the way, I LOVE their lipbalm. I got the Chai the first round and it's a nice coppery color. It's actually a bit more on the brown side than I normaly wear, but the shimmer and sheerness mute it a bit so that I can still wear this color. My favorite thing about it is that it is sooo nourishing and it lasts quite a long time. It actually sounds a lot like the one majorb reviewed that's made by BareFaced minerals, so I may have to try their colors as well. I love that I received my Alima order within 2 days each time and they always send several more free samples to try. Wonderful CS! Enjoy!
Mariav
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, Kate's customer service at Alima is outstanding!

I also just ventured into trying samples of Alima - they arrived within two days - very nicely packaged.

Her foundations are quite creamy - not glowy, just a soft, matte "you but better" look...though she does carry a powder to give you the glow look. Her eyeshadows and blushes are beautiful...wowza....

I'm playing with the colors I got, but I think the colors from the Neutral selection will be my perfect match.

I am such an MMU junkie!!! I am so glad to have found at least 3-4 companies that I love.

Maria Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Hi TAMgirl99
I ordered six different foundations/powders. I was primarily looking for a new face powder, (mineral based), since I am wondering if half my battle with clogged pores is not from my makeup. Have to wear it, no getting around it. I got the samples in, but I need to experiment with them, so need to wait until weekend
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't heard of Alima Cosmetics until my sister asked me to search it up on the internet. She found it in one of her vegetarian magazines. It really sucks that they don't ship to Canada. Sad
Kimberleylee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi Yen, Alima does ship to canadawww.alimacosmetics.com $6 shipping!
Mabsy

Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:28 am      Reply with quote
My Alima samples arrived yesterday. I've only had a limited chance to play with them but so far so good. It's not shiny - nice soft matte finish. I ordered 6 shades and I think most of them look like they will work for my skin Rolling Eyes
poofybabypenguin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
i LOVE Alima. I actually came online to write a full review today Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
Kimberleylee wrote:
Hi Yen, Alima does ship to canadawww.alimacosmetics.com $6 shipping!

Excellent! Now I just need to decide on which shades. Thanks! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Yen, try the Warm shades. They have a good amount of yellow in them. I find the Goldens a bit too yellow. None of them are orange though, which is good Smile Shade descriptions here http://www.alimacosmetics.com/alima-mineral-cosmetics-alima101-choosing-colors.html
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
My Alima samples arrived yesterday. I've only had a limited chance to play with them but so far so good. It's not shiny - nice soft matte finish. I ordered 6 shades and I think most of them look like they will work for my skin Rolling Eyes

Mabsy, I got my Alima samples yesterday, too! Haven't used them yet, will probably do that tomorrow. I also ordered 6 shades - now the task will be finding which one (I hope its only one!) matches my skin. I am so happy to hear that they are NOT shiny - I hate that metallic look, probably because I'm oily and I interpret shine to mean excess oil, which I'm always trying to avoid. I returned my Senna stuff yesterday, had to exchange the product as they would not issue a refund, so now I have about 6 new blushes to try out! Rolling Eyes
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Yen, try the Warm shades. They have a good amount of yellow in them. I find the Goldens a bit too yellow. None of them are orange though, which is good Smile Shade descriptions here http://www.alimacosmetics.com/alima-mineral-cosmetics-alima101-choosing-colors.html

Thanks for the tips. Which shades are you currently using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
W4. I got pretty tan over the summer. Dead on match.
Ninetynine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:53 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Alima using their "Ask the Artist" button as I was not sure which shade of foundation would suit. I am not too impressed as I have emailed them twice last week and still have not heard from them.

I use Shu Uemura foundation fluide S No.355.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Though Alima is not the best in giving IMMEDIATE response, their reply is very detailed and addresses each of my questions. Very Happy I'm going to order some foundation samples plus a few blushes and eye shadows. Cool
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I'm always looking for new or better products. Does anybody here have any experience how this mineral cosmetics line compares to Jane Iredales' products?

Thanks
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ninetynine wrote:
I emailed Alima using their "Ask the Artist" button as I was not sure which shade of foundation would suit. I am not too impressed as I have emailed them twice last week and still have not heard from them.

I use Shu Uemura foundation fluide S No.355.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

I think it's better if you try calling them. I emailed them my picture, then called them for shade suggestions. It's faster that way.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
W4. I got pretty tan over the summer. Dead on match.

Me too. I'll add W4 to my list. Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:

I think it's better if you try calling them. I emailed them my picture, then called them for shade suggestions. It's faster that way.

Thanks dollbird. The problem is that I live in Australia - time difference is a problem. Not sure whether I want to email a picture. I look pretty horrible without my makeup Shock

I will definitely think about it. Sometimes photos can be a bit deceiving.

BTW, I am part Chinese and part Portuguese - can't decide what's my skin tone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah you're right Ninetynine, it would be difficult to call with the time difference. I'm sorry I'm not able to recommend a shade since I only know what works for me. I would think you are a Warm/Golden but to be more certain, check http://www.alimacosmetics.com/alima-mineral-cosmetics-alima101-choosing-colors.html.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |