Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Mattifying Moisturizer's that work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 10:04 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the ISC line with great success. Now that it's getting hot and muggy, I'm getting oilier than my normal "medium" oily. Smile

Because I'm in my 50s, I need the hydration so I'm looking for a mattifying moisturizer that does a good job of keeping oilies at bay without clogging pores.

EDS has several and I'd like to hear your experiences. Thanks!

Lexy
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
I like decloer semi matte fluid
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 31, 2006 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
I second that! Decleor Matt Fluid is AMAZING! I'm going to write a review of it soon. It keeps the oilies at bay, helps prevent zits, AND it smells like water lilies. LOVE IT!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:59 am      Reply with quote
I have oily skin and found Photolagen to be an excellent moisturiser with a very matt effect but also leaves the skin very soft.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:20 am      Reply with quote
decleors is good...

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:41 am      Reply with quote
If you are super-duper, extremely oily like me, the Decleor Hydra-matte Regulating Fluid isn't going to do you a damn bit of good. It's a nice product and would probably work well for those with normal-to-slightly oily skin, but I used it for about 9 months before I realized it was CONTRIBUTING to my shiny skin rather than helping to prevent it. Brick wall Try and get a sample of it before commiting to buy the full size tube.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:40 am      Reply with quote
carekate- what do you suggest for extremely oiy with large pores like me? My skin is extremely oily in the summer. Thanks.
Alexis52
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Maybe they have too many to mention, but EDS didn't mention Decleor as one I should try.

The list is: Ahava, Sothys, Caudalie,and Phytomer. I haven't heard anything about any of these. Seems that Decleor has a BIG following though. Smile

Lexy
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:20 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
carekate- what do you suggest for extremely oiy with large pores like me? My skin is extremely oily in the summer. Thanks.

A couple of members have asked me to do so and even though I’ve been meaning to do it, I hadn’t quite gotten around to updating my oily skin regimen (click here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=7244&highlight=oilyskin+regimen ) so I guess I can get started now....

The three absolutely indispensable items in my “Operation: End Oil Slick” battle plan are:

• Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang oil (or homemade version)
• original, unflavored Milk of Magnesia (for the 1,000 time – yes, I mean the laxative!!)
• Jurlique Rose Silk Dust

If I skip a day using any one of the above items, it makes an immediate and quite noticeable difference in the matte-less, shininess of my face! I have to use all three of them and in the order that they are listed. Those three are like the holy trinity of oily skin management!!

• After I cleanse/tone in the mornings, I apply 2 drops of the Ylang Ylang oil and let it penetrate for at least 5 minutes, then

• I take a tissue or paper towel and blot the excess Y-Y oil from my face that didn’t get absorbed, then

• I apply a VERY thin layer of MoM all over my face and wait about 30 seconds for it to dry, then

• I sweep on a layer of Rose Silk Dust to my entire face then apply my makeup (I use either Jane Iredale pressed powder mineral foundation or True Cosmetics pressed powder mineral foundation) and then “set” my makeup with another layer of Silk Dust.

This manages to keep me matte and mostly shine-free even on the hottest and most humid summer days in TX.

I keep telling all of you how fantastic the Milk of Magnesia is as a mattifier, but all y’all are too chicken to try it! Look, if it makes you squeamish to apply it directly from the unmistakable blue bottle of laxative, then just decant some into a pretty or plain plastic bottle or container and use that.

If the above doesn’t convince you, then here is my ace-in-the-hole: not only does the MoM keep your skin matte, but it also helps temporarily tighten/minimize the size of your pores!!!!

Of course, the best way to deal with enlarged pores is to make sure you keep them “de-gunked” because it is the debris inside the pores that can make them appear bigger than they are/need to be. For that, I’d recommend a good salicylic acid product such as the good ole, tried and true homemade aspirin mask. Salicylic acid is great because it is the only AHA/BHA that can penetrate the skin and get down inside the pores to dissolve the debris. Glycolic and/or lactic acids only work on the surface of the skin to dissolve the “glue” that holds the skin cells together – which means they’re great for sloughing off the top layer of dead skin and revealing the new skin underneath, but they can’t get inside the pores and do anything like the salicylic acid can.

Anyway, that’s all I have time for today, folks...this is Dr. Holland for the EDS Amateur Skin Care Hour signing off – good night and God bless!

Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:31 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing Laughing I love reading your posts.

Thanks carekate!
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
carekate wrote:
If you are super-duper, extremely oily like me, the Decleor Hydra-matte Regulating Fluid isn't going to do you a damn bit of good. It's a nice product and would probably work well for those with normal-to-slightly oily skin, but I used it for about 9 months before I realized it was CONTRIBUTING to my shiny skin rather than helping to prevent it. Brick wall Try and get a sample of it before commiting to buy the full size tube.

I agree totally.......I just couldnt figure out how could they name it hydra-matt, it really gives very dewy(bordering on oily) finish. And you are oily in an hour or even less!
skin care addict
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the tips.
And it is so great that you explain how and what to use.I wish that you could put your photo out for all of us to see you.
Thanks again,have a really wonderful day Very Happy
Linda
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:25 am      Reply with quote
How did you EVER come to the conclusion that Milk of Magnesia would help with mattifying? You are like a skin care guru extraordinaire! Thanks for the tips!
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:25 am      Reply with quote
makeupfiend wrote:
How did you EVER come to the conclusion that Milk of Magnesia would help with mattifying? You are like a skin care guru extraordinaire! Thanks for the tips!
I can't take credit for it myself because I found the tip on MUA when I was researching product reviews for the various mattifiers/primers for oily skin! The suggestion was actually posted by an MUA member who was also an aesthetician who wrote a review for the Smashbox Anti-shine primer and basically advised everyone to save their money and use MoM to keep the shinies at bay....

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:41 am      Reply with quote
How do you apply MoM, using your fingers or cotton pads? Thanks.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
How do you apply MoM, using your fingers or cotton pads? Thanks.
My fingertips. Using a cotton pad would probably oversaturate and thereby cause you to apply too much. When you're putting the MoM on your face, it'll be more or less like applying plain water. In other words, if you see white when you look in the mirror, you applied too much or too thickly. Just moisten your fingers and sweep over those areas to dilute the streaks and even them out.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Carrie! Do you apply it before your mineral powder foundation?
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
tidieu wrote:
Thanks Carrie! Do you apply it before your mineral powder foundation?
Yes. MoM, then a layer of Rose Silk Dust, then my mineral MU then another layer of Rose Silk Dust -- see my 2nd post in this thread re: the order I apply everything.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Carrie!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:11 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |