Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Candessence Delectable Bath Melts
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » DIY and Home-based Company Skincare Product Reviews
Reply to topic
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
it's easy and painless, just go to candessence.com!^-^

Thanks Liz!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:56 am      Reply with quote
hmmmmmm. just pulled out my Creme Splendide (which i hide from myself). the rose is definitely fresh, like a tea rose. (a real one, blue or purple, covered with morning dew.) i think i detect some green tea as well. and fresh cut grass? Laughing there's a tinge of sweet scent as well, almost like cotton candy while it's being flossed that all but disappears on contact with the skin. ultimately, what you truly get is that fresh tea rose scent, complete with leaves. gawd! i'm putting it away *now* before i either slather myself with it or eat it!!!

Candy -- try to get out to a store and smell it yourself. it is truly divine and a rose scent unto itself. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:20 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
hmmmmmm. just pulled out my Creme Splendide (which i hide from myself). the rose is definitely fresh, like a tea rose. (a real one, blue or purple, covered with morning dew.) i think i detect some green tea as well. and fresh cut grass? Laughing there's a tinge of sweet scent as well, almost like cotton candy while it's being flossed that all but disappears on contact with the skin. ultimately, what you truly get is that fresh tea rose scent, complete with leaves. gawd! i'm putting it away *now* before i either slather myself with it or eat it!!!

Candy -- try to get out to a store and smell it yourself. it is truly divine and a rose scent unto itself. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

What's the point of having such a luxury without using it? Bad Grin

I think I'll repurchase Creme Splendide for its scent and texture alone. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

la vie en rose, do you know how much it retails in the US or in France? And where can I get it? Razz
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:44 am      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
What's the point of having such a luxury without using it? Bad Grin

I think I'll repurchase Creme Splendide for its scent and texture alone. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!

la vie en rose, do you know how much it retails in the US or in France? And where can I get it? Razz

i'm actually at the very bottom of the jar which is why i'm hoarding it for now. i was *way* too liberal when i first got it because i was so in love. no matter, it *never* broke me out and everything breaks me out. however, it never really did a whole lot more than keep my skin surface moisturised so i've been trying out other stuff. still, i do adore it.... and, oh god, that smell!!!

i actually found and fell in love with it in London at Liberty so that's where i got it. bought it immediately. i've not trusted myself to walk into an AG boutique here (paris) because i'm afraid i'd walk out with the whole lot! a quick check found it online in the US at Neiman Marcus for $140. i think i paid about £80 in the UK.

hope that helps!

ooh, p.s. to Candy -- the scent i was describing was from the Creme Splendide Généreuse so it *may* be slightly different. it includes Mimosa tenuiflora, a tree bark, which could explain a delectable part of the scent.... and i just found this from the site about the body oil: 'Rich in cedar oil, Muscat rose oil, argan tree oil and active rose sap'
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
So that is more or less the same as what I paid after discount at a local beauty boutique. But I'd love to visit the AG boutique in Paris but where can I get online the information about the location? Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

I searched online and found Needless Markup ummm I mean Neiman Marcus carries it. Luckily I won't have to haul my sorry butt downtown or out to the burbs to smell this as CK has generously offered to send me a sniffing sample, lol.

la vie en rose wrote:
ooh, p.s. to Candy -- the scent i was describing was from the Creme Splendide Généreuse so it *may* be slightly different. it includes Mimosa tenuiflora, a tree bark, which could explain a delectable part of the scent.... and i just found this from the site about the body oil: 'Rich in cedar oil, Muscat rose oil, argan tree oil and active rose sap'

Thank you! Think that would probably be the 'green' that gets described. Needless to say it will be interesting for me once I pin down the scent to locate some of these items!

CK wrote:
So that is more or less the same as what I paid after discount at a local beauty boutique. But I'd love to visit the AG boutique in Paris but where can I get online the information about the location?

From what I can see it's less. 80 (can't find that symbol) is approx 100 usd.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:40 am      Reply with quote
That's interesting. From what I calculate by the currency converter of Yahoo, 80 pounds=HK$1142 and US$140=HK$1086. Why is it like that?? Rolling Eyes
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:55 am      Reply with quote
don't worry, CK. Candy mistook pounds for the euro. for everybody's edification:

$ = dollars
€ = euros
£ = pounds

whichever way you look at it, the exchange rate for the dollar sucks!

And, Candy? if you come up with a dead ringer for the scent, word will get out and you will be SWAMPED! Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
And, Candy? if you come up with a dead ringer for the scent, word will get out and you will be SWAMPED!

Hope you get some sleep Candy. You probably will not rest until you figure this out Sad . Perhaps someone who has this can send you just a small tad so your nose can investigate. I am anxiously waiting to see what you come up with. I will also purchase this scent. Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
don't worry, CK. Candy mistook pounds for the euro. for everybody's edification:

$ = dollars
€ = euros
£ = pounds

And, Candy? if you come up with a dead ringer for the scent, word will get out and you will be SWAMPED! Very Happy

That's because Candy can barely add dollars let alone other currencies!! Laughing

I am giving it the best I have. The jury is still out (TamGirl99) if I nailed the 'spa' scent for her.

I can live with swamped - Laughing at this point I'd be happy to jump in a little puddle Laughing Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
Quote:
And, Candy? if you come up with a dead ringer for the scent, word will get out and you will be SWAMPED!

Hope you get some sleep Candy. You probably will not rest until you figure this out Sad . Perhaps someone who has this can send you just a small tad so your nose can investigate. I am anxiously waiting to see what you come up with. I will also purchase this scent. Smile

Me sleep? - sleep is for 'girly men' (doin' a poor impersonation of Arnold)

CK has graciously offered to part with a wee bit of the orgasm in a jar Laughing (going by the rave descriptions here!) to allow me to scent it & will be having my sister in law helping. She can ID any scent, esp being 6 months pregnant!!

Oh - Winnie - check your other email addy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
really, truly, way more than a puddle. think of it as a candessent monsoon! check out MUA, most people who smell this swoon.... just think of all the little people who would love to have this, but can't afford it. now they have you! well, almost. i have faith. just take your time and get it right. and if you'd like, i'd be more than happy to send you some of my slightly different barky one. just don't know how long it would take from paris as i live in terror of the postal workers. there's something about 'rapide' that they never quite get.

off to watch the second half of the football match. and then i get to see what part of my anatomy the skeeters have decided on to dine tonight. Laughing thank god i'll be in scotland tomorrow -- supposedly they only have midges. what *are* midges by the way? Rolling Eyes should i be worried?
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
really, truly, way more than a puddle. think of it as a candessent monsoon! check out MUA, most people who smell this swoon.... just think of all the little people who would love to have this, but can't afford it. now they have you! well, almost. i have faith. just take your time and get it right. and if you'd like, i'd be more than happy to send you some of my slightly different barky one. just don't know how long it would take from paris as i live in terror of the postal workers. there's something about 'rapide' that they never quite get.

off to watch the second half of the football match. and then i get to see what part of my anatomy the skeeters have decided on to dine tonight. Laughing thank god i'll be in scotland tomorrow -- supposedly they only have midges. what *are* midges by the way? Rolling Eyes should i be worried?

Football? That's not football Laughing that's soccer <poke, poke Wink ) Well, not sure what midges are but if they find you I'm sure they'll be perverted too!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
sorry to digress, but holy crap i'm doomed!

an article begins:
ANYONE who was spent a sultry evening on the bog or taken a walk along a riverside on a warm sunny night will have suffered the annoying experience of being “eaten alive”.

The culprits are, of course, the tiny insects no more than 2 mm. long, the Culicoides, or the common midge, sometimes referred as midgets, who swarm about when weather is at its best.

Now it is being claimed that the midges are costing the Irish and Scottish tourism industries millions of pounds each year because foreigners stay away because they don’t want to be “eaten alive”.

i'm staying at my BF's parents and their backyard is a field and river and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous too! Shock if i don't come back, i've probably been midged to death.
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
sorry to digress, but holy crap i'm doomed!

an article begins:
ANYONE who was spent a sultry evening on the bog or taken a walk along a riverside on a warm sunny night will have suffered the annoying experience of being “eaten alive”.

The culprits are, of course, the tiny insects no more than 2 mm. long, the Culicoides, or the common midge, sometimes referred as midgets, who swarm about when weather is at its best.

Now it is being claimed that the midges are costing the Irish and Scottish tourism industries millions of pounds each year because foreigners stay away because they don’t want to be “eaten alive”.

i'm staying at my BF's parents and their backyard is a field and river and the weather is supposed to be gorgeous too! Shock if i don't come back, i've probably been midged to death.

Ok - we won't let that happen to you!! Since my spray will not make it in time. I'm gonna PM you with a quick put it together to save your heiny 7 other special parts from the dreaded midgets...oh, lol, sorry midges...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Ok - we won't let that happen to you!! Since my spray will not make it in time. I'm gonna PM you with a quick put it together to save your heiny 7 other special parts from the dreaded midgets...oh, lol, sorry midges...

i love you!
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

i love you!

Awwww...shucks Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
I've been feeling guilty for keeping Candy restless since making the request. Sad GREAT to know there are many others who are interested in the scent too! Very Happy Very Happy

Candy, the sample is coming! Very Happy
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:

$ = dollars
€ = euros
£ = pounds

I understand. I suffer from that too. Sad
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
Candy,

My SO and I were laughing hysterically at one of the scents in your bubble bath line. Laughing

Our morbid curiosity is dying to know what Monkey Farts bubble bath smells like!!!! We had to check several times to make sure we were reading correctly.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
cloe wrote:
Candy,

My SO and I were laughing hysterically at one of the scents in your bubble bath line. Laughing

Our morbid curiosity is dying to know what Monkey Farts bubble bath smells like!!!! We had to check several times to make sure we were reading correctly.
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Why yes maam you did! Hmmm, what do monkeys eat? Bananas? Mangos? Pineapples? That's ALOT of fiber! And so you get Monkey Farts!! It's a light tropical scent, bit on the sweet side - HUGE hit with the under 10 and over 30 set (and of course males of all ages Laughing )

This was what I was going to post on my site to intro the scent. I laughed my ... Embarassed off - but probably not the way to sell bubble bath.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4784409600367252507&q=steve+ballmer

Be sure to show this link to hubby - I guarantee he will love it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
CK wrote:
I've been feeling guilty for keeping Candy restless since making the request. Sad GREAT to know there are many others who are interested in the scent too! Very Happy Very Happy

Candy, the sample is coming! Very Happy

WooHoo!! Just filled my sister in law and her nose that I'll be putting them to work soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
This was what I was going to post on my site to intro the scent. I laughed my ... Embarassed off - but probably not the way to sell bubble bath.

oh, man, what a way to wake up! i just got my cup coffee and put this on (volume high because i was watching the match on my computer). Laughing Laughing Laughing
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:52 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
Candy8865 wrote:

oh, man, what a way to wake up! i just got my cup coffee and put this on (volume high because i was watching the match on my computer). Laughing Laughing Laughing

Hopefully you didn't spit coffee all over your monitor!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
Hopefully you didn't spit coffee all over your monitor!

as a matter of fact....
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |