Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Anyone migraine headache sufferers out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
s70princess
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
After not having one in a while, I had a severe migraine attack today ... the full blown classic kind ... saw the aura first, then felt spuratic numbness in my hands and face a couple of times, then nausea and vomiting, and intense throbbing pain which made keeping my eyes open really hard, sudden flashing lights, extreme sensitivity to light, smell and sound ... and more pounding. Brick wall

The unfortunate part is that I had a training course to attend at work today and tried to bear it for the morning, but had to leave at lunch because it was too unbearable. I seem to get these major attacks once every couple of years ... and I remember each time, I had to leave in the middle of school or work. Luckily, most of my other attacks are milder and only involve the aura and some pounding, no nausea or numbness.

I also couldn't think of any particular trigger factor today other than maybe MSG or preservatives? I ate a lot of food containing both yesterday. But I usually do consume both on a regular basis.

Anyone else suffer from migraines? And anyone been able to pin-point their trigger factors? Or find remedies that seem to help lessen or prevent them? After this last one, I am going to try not to experience another one for a very very long time!!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend and mom suffer from migraines. Yours sound pretty severe; maybe you should talk to a doctor. The only thing that works for my mom is prescription drugs, my boyfriend toughs it out without anything. i feel so bad for him, his vision blurs so much that he can hardly see a thing.
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
I get migraines, too, but luckily never the full blown, throwing up kind. Mine last for days at a time, so thank goodness they aren't so severe! My mom gets them too, so I guess it's genetic. My boyfriend was actually the one who noticed they happen around my period, could that have been a trigger for you? If it is, maybe you could take a prescription during the days of the month you are most susceptible (they have meds to prevent them, right?) I usually just use Excedrin migraine, which dulls the pain, and just tough it through. Yours sound much worse than mine, though, so I agree you should at least talk to a doctor about options. You shouldn't have to suffer that much! Good luck, I hope you can find something that works for you.
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:33 am      Reply with quote
My goodness, I feel your pain!

I've been suffering horribly migraines since I was a teen. I too, get the aura, numbness, nausea, etc. I actually used to have to go to the hospital since one time my whole left side went numb (they thought I was having a stroke!). I've taken Imitrex shots and got a reaction and a few other meds that i reacted poorly to, or cost too much. Now, I'm on a narcotic type drug called Fiorinal. I take 2 when I start to get the aura and it almost always goes away before a full blown migraine. Unfortunately, because it's a narcotic, it knocks you out for a few hours (better than a migraine to me!).

Luckily, I haven't had a migraine in a few months. I started BC, and skip my period, so there's no "change" in the hormones that may cause your migraines. You may want to ask a doctor. If you get them frequently, they also have meds that help prevent getting them several times a week.

Definetly find a good doctor. There's a lot you can do and try. To me, the most frustrating aspect is that people don't understand that it's NOT A HEADACHE. I can work with a headache and function, NOT with a migraine. My boss one time didn't understand why I had to go home because of my "headache" and then saw a nightly special on migraines and I think he finally gets it!

Good luck!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:05 am      Reply with quote
Botox!

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10539&highlight=
I wish that I knew how to copy the thread better. It's under Headaches & Migraines.
I am headache free since August 17, 2005!! It's like a miracle. Smile
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Hey. I submitted my post & I did the referral link right. The question is .... could I do it again? Smile
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I suffer from migraines too! My mom gets cluster migranes that last anywhere from a day to a month. Lucky for me I did not get those but I do get them occasionally. Mostly in the summer months and I have found some triggers that I try to avoid or control.

Allergies
Dehydration
Alcohol
Humidity

I read in womens health that a drop in magnesium levels could trigger migranes. When I feel one coming on I take a multi vitamin and a pain reliever with a decongestant. I have stronger drugs but I hate being a zombie which they all seem to make me feel like. I have all they symptoms that you do but I also get "confused"....last time I couldnt find my way home from work. It was very scary.
DiverChick
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Olivia--it's funny you mention being "confused"

When I get bad migraines, it's like I'm drunk. My speech is slurred and I can't seem to think straight. I remeber lying down with one years ago, watching a documentary on Australia, and I couldn't seem to pronounce or comprehend what Australia was. Very nerve racking--especially because so many of our symptoms mirror a stroke. Shock
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:53 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |