Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Cellcosmet Activator Gel
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Skincare, as far as I am aware, it is suited to all skin types except really sensitive. It certainly does not dry my skin. After you apply it to your face, are you adding a small amount of water to emulsify it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:28 am      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

This gel is not supposed to have any type of drying ingredients in it, right?

Skincare the Activator Gel does contain some ingredients usually used to cleanse the skin. If you are washing your face and then using the Activator Gel it is possible that your are overcleansing your skin particularly at this time of the year with it being cold and dry!
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:57 am      Reply with quote
That is right, I used the Cellcosmet cleanser then the gel. So I should not use the cleanser then the gel?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:20 am      Reply with quote
Skincare it depends.....

I don't think that the Activator Gel would be enought to remove makeup or sunscreen but if you use it in the morning you can probably get away with not using a cleanser beforehand. The "Cellcosmet way" is to use both but like I said before your skin may not be able to tolerate both at this time of the year.
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:31 am      Reply with quote
This stuff sounds great! I picked up a couple of the Cellcosmet trial packs because I was lemming for the eye cream ....I ignored the activator gel....off to my cabinet I go to dig this stuff out...I love the idea that it increases the efficacy of products that follow..am I correct to assume then that if I follow with DMAE, the effectiveness of the DMAE will be increased? Does anyone know how the activator gel works/what the cocktail is?
Thanks!
Pudoodles
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know Pudoodles but now that I ran out of Cellcosmet cleanser, I am back with Cetaphil and then I used the gel.

BTW, I got my order and a bunch of samples....more of the gel and my first sample of Purifying Gel, among others.
On the back of this sample kit, it suggests, to use their products in this order:

Cleanser
    Exfoliant
    Activator Gel
    Face Cream
    Eye Cream[list=]

I did not know that you would apply the eye cream last. I have always done it before applying my face moisterizer. What does everyone else do?
[/list]
Pudoodles
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Skincare -I always put my eye treatment on first as well...then my face treatment goes on and just meets the line where my eye treatment ends..They don't want you to put the moisturizer around your eyes -then the eyecream on top, do they? Embarassed
Pudoodles
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
I am going to type Step 3, 4 and 5 from this tiny procedure list.

Step
3-Activator Gel - apply and leave for 5 minutes on the skin then rinse

4-Face Cream - Apply on the face, neck and decollete

5-Eye Cream - apply on the eyelids

Can you imagine? The eyelids? Where does it say on Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream that it is ok to apply on eyelids?
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Skincare wrote:

Step

Can you imagine? The eyelids? Where does it say on Cellcosmet Eye Contour Cream that it is ok to apply on eyelids?

that's ridiculous, and i would always apply eye cream before face cream, other wise your eye cream may not directly working on your eyes.
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
That little note, had the Cellcosmet symbol on it. I wonder if EDS photocopied it and typed instructions or did Cellcosmet company mailed it out to all it's retailers?
itisme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:26 am      Reply with quote
thanks to this post! Now I understand how important to use activator gel!! I used to think ultra vital is too rich for me to absorb (left oily on my face no matter how I massage to help absorb). However, since I started it after the activator, I found it is less oily and better absorbed! And I did see better complexion next morning~~

However, I did not see it works for blackhead or something after I follow the routine activator gel-->dual action exfoliate. Actually the exfoliate is a bit irritating to me. Anyone else agree?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 05, 2007 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
Itisme, are you using the Exfoliator on dry or wet skin. I would suggest that you use it on slightly damp skin and don't let it get dry, or rub too hard.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
Skincare wrote:

Step

that's ridiculous, and i would always apply eye cream before face cream, other wise your eye cream may not directly working on your eyes.

Maybe Mabsy or someone from EDS can answer this question?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
Re the above:

1. I watched a segment on Shop Channel in Japan where they were featuring the various products and even the company's presdident was on the show. Anyway, the lady demonstrating the eye cream just did it on the fleshy area under the brow bone and just above the eyelids. However, I am sure I also saw something somewhere else that said it was OK for the eyelids though....

2. Skincare, you leave the activator gel on for 5 mins???!!! It is only supposed to be 2 mins.. oh gosh, my face would fall off from 5 min I think. After washing and patting dry I apply the activator gel and then emulsify with wet hands (the emulsification is the key) and then you leave for 2 mins. Some places say 3 mins, but I thinkthat includes the time you take massaging over skin and emulsifying.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, sort of...I have more time on the weekends and left it on for 5 minutes, or at least I think so. During the week, only a couple of minutes because I don't have the time and I prefer to buy more sleep time in the morning. Shock I get up at 5 a.m. and it gets hard to do that five days a week. Very Happy
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:19 am      Reply with quote
I have always applied eye cream/gel as the very last item, only because I don't usually put what is going on my face right up to my eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
thanks for share.

i think i can't resist it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I actually don't feel bothered to leave it on for a few minutes after wash, but I just can't tell if it really does anything to me.
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
I like this gel to. But it is somehow a little bit nourishing for me, so sometimes I break out while using it.
meggiequn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:32 pm      Reply with quote
vikki_cooler wrote:
I like this gel to. But it is somehow a little bit nourishing for me, so sometimes I break out while using it.

are you sure this is the cause for break out?
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 2:21 am      Reply with quote
vikki_cooler wrote:

I think you might be thinking of a different product. I would find it hard to believe that Cellcosmet Activator Gel would cause breakouts.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
vikki_cooler wrote:

I think you might be thinking of a different product. I would find it hard to believe that Cellcosmet Activator Gel would cause breakouts.

Yes, I agree, as to my experience(only a sample), it can reduce the chance of breakout.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
I just received the Activator Gel and it is wonderful!
My skin felt so smooth and had such nice clarity with no irritation at all.
I was also pleased with the size of the product and the pump dispenser!
nodouble
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Awesome review! Smile
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
nodouble wrote:
Awesome review! Smile

yes, it make me crazy for buying one!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |