Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Laura Mercier Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
My skin is combination (oily tzone) in summer...acne and milia prone.

Laura Mercier
Foundation Primer Oil Free: This is a great product. I noticed that it keeps my makeup in place for well into the night. On my way home from work I usually have no makeup on at all because it just seems to slide right off but this stuff really keeps it looking fresh. I'm not too familiar with primers but this seems to do what it says. If used alone it does give a matte finish to your skin but I could see it wearing off quickly if used alone.

Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free in Sand: I am TOTALLY in love with this product. It has fantastic coverage and it lasts. It also looks soooo natural. It is hard to explain but I can see my skin through this stuff but it evens my complexion out like no other foundation I have ever tried. I have been applying it like the directions say...with a damp sponge and a little goes a long way. I will be repurchasing this product. I thought it was interesting that the lady at the counter said that it is NOT a moisturizer...she told me to use my regular moisturizer under it because it is not meant to be worn alone.

Setting Powder: This is also a great product and I will buy it again. It has a great "see through" finish which I have never seen in a powder. It leaves a little hint of shimmer but not the kind that makes you look greasy....just glowing. I was not going to buy this until the woman put it on my face then I loved it. I bought the puff with this which is very nice as well.

I must say I was only going in to buy the primer because I had read some great things about it on this forum but after the woman finished with my makeover there was not one product I wouldn't love to have. The eye shadows were great...liner...mascara...lipgloss...all of it. It is a dangerous line because everything has a finish that I love. Not made up just natural looking. I did not love the comments that Laura gave to the NY Times about women and their makeup but I have to say her products are superior to many I have tried.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
i love the tinted moisturizer!
little cat
5% products discount

Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I want to ask anyone try their primer?? Mine one smell strange....is it normal?
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the primer and the TM a week ago, unfortunately I had to return them a couple days later. I bought the oil-free TM in Nude, and it turned totally orange on me. I tried everything possibe, use the primer, changed my skincare routine, change my sunscreen, and it still turned orange. sigh!! what a shame! I really wanted to love it since it got so many raves Confused Exclamation
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:11 am      Reply with quote
any of you girls using this break-out prone?
bumble

Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:46 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great reviews Olivia, i too am in love with the tinted moisturiser, i think it really is a great product, ill be repurchasing for sure... Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:12 am      Reply with quote
hopemelody wrote:
I bought the primer and the TM a week ago, unfortunately I had to return them a couple days later. I bought the oil-free TM in Nude, and it turned totally orange on me. I tried everything possibe, use the primer, changed my skincare routine, change my sunscreen, and it still turned orange. sigh!! what a shame! I really wanted to love it since it got so many raves Confused Exclamation

I know-in the oil-free version, the colors are slighly darker & turn orange on me quicker (actually the oil-free in sand starts out orange) as well as turn darker.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Olivia - I also love the Oil-Free Tinted Moisturer, but in Nude. I agree completely with your comments about it. Makes my skin look very natural, but more even-toned.
Kerryshka
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:02 am      Reply with quote
I love the LM undereye concealer. Its actually kind of moisturizing so it doesn't settle into lines, etc.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Kerryshka wrote:
I love the LM undereye concealer. Its actually kind of moisturizing so it doesn't settle into lines, etc.

I like it too, it would be my number one choice for dry skin. It is very easy to blend in as well.
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:09 am      Reply with quote
i'm in love with laura mercier's oil-free tinted moisturizer, i use it in place of my regular foundation, i thought it would take me a while to get used to it, but it took care of all my redness, and hyperpigmentation from acne scars / melasma...it reli is amazing, since i have oily skin, it wouldnt sink into my pores mid-day like a regular foundation while giving me enough & natural coverage~ I love this product...

btw, i also bought the laura mercier oil-free primer - i hate it!!! it didnt do anything it claims, my makeup melted mid-day, i was oily...and after owning it for 3 months, where i've only used 1/3 of the tube, there was this weird smell (smells like mm...electronics...like the back of your tv...haha) Rolling Eyes ...i bought it at Holts...i'm wondering if its been sitting in there cabinet for a long time...there was no expiring date on it, i hate to throw it out coz its almost 50 cad...but finally decided to after after one allergic reaction...

5% products discount

Tue Oct 17, 2006 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I love the primer, but I don't like the tinted moisturizer at all.
hopemelody
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:27 am      Reply with quote
this summer, I was looking for a light coverage tint/foundation. I did a bit search and found LM had a great rep on MUA and they just came out the Oil free version of tint and primer, so bought the two. let me tell you, it was a disaster. first off, I just did not get the purpose of the primer. the SA told me it was supposed to make foundation application easier and seperate fundation from direct contact with skin, thus protect the skin. sounds good, but to me it was just a light moistrizer with a heavy price which basically did nothing. secondly, the tinted moistrizer turned color on me. not just turned dark, it turned orange. when I wore it, my friend thought I was ill cuz they never thought a foundation could turn color like that. I had to return them 2 days later. I was very disappointed.
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:17 am      Reply with quote
i totally agree with hopemelody, it didnt make my makeup stay longer, rather it melted in no time, and it wasnt moisturizing nor protecting my skin... Confused
but i do like the tinted oil-free moisturizer...altho i cant say its the best in the ones i've tried ..
looking forward to trying Juice Beauty's tinted moisturizer soon

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I tried the regular TM years ago & found it heavy and the sand color did get darker during the day. I had high hopes for the oil-free version & bought the same color. It's definitely darker to begin with & turned an ugly shade of orange on my skin shortly after.

The BEST TM I have found to date: BB's is quite good. Top prize is La Mer's (very $$$$) but I love it-no color change, comfortable & your skin looks glowly & actually better at the end of the day).
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:25 am      Reply with quote
marina: i noticed my TM from laura mercier is darker than i am... SAs never seem to suggest the right color... my fiance always thought i've put on bronzers when i go out Rolling Eyes

how much is the TM from La Mer? is there any online stores that might be selling it for less than in department stores?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:56 am      Reply with quote
You can always do a web search and find online retailers to compare prices.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:03 am      Reply with quote
It's $65. u.s which somehow translates to about $100. cdn at Holts. I know it's crazy $$$ but if you see my drawer full of rejected TM's-mainly because I have a medium skin tone & somehow half the stuff turns orange or pink..can never get the right color.

I think the best thing is to go to Holts & get samples of both the BB (at least the price is resonable) and the La Mer. I would never purchase the La Mer without trying it out first. It's not marketed for oily skin for one thing...but it works on me. You can look at it at the la mer website (don't rely on swatches, but theirs are better than Sak's).

Also, read the reviews on makeupalley-that's what got me going-it' the La Mer Fluid Tint.
lmv
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:55 am      Reply with quote
i did try google'n for la mer, but i'm afraid i'll be purchasing some old stock tho.

(i'm afraid to ask for samples...) Brick wall
i'm glad to know BB has a TM... i think if i were to spurlge on La mer i will splurge on the coveted creme de la mer first than try the TM...

i have sensitive but acne prone skin... will Creme De La Mer good?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:02 am      Reply with quote
creme de la mer is...well..not worth the money. Really, I was never impressed. Comes in handy ( I have 2 samples) when your skin's irritated. Why are you afraid to sak for samples. Confused
ahau
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 10:10 am      Reply with quote
feel this line is for dry skin...
Rebecstar1
5% products discount

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:42 am      Reply with quote
I just purchased the Laura Mercier Foundation Powder because of a friends raves. Not liking it at all! You can totally see the "powder cake" look. Guess I'll stick with my MAC Studio Fix. Sad
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
Rebecstar,

I agree about the foundation powder. i tried it as a sample when i bought the silk cream foundation and does not seem to sit well.

i did love the texture and colour of the silk cream foundation though i agree that it might be for drier skin. my main peeve is that it does seem to get shinier on me than EL but i love it otherwise. i have to use blotting sheets maybe twice a day to keep it fresh.

i tried the primer as suggested but have not seen much difference but will stick with it and see how it goes.

As for setting powder can a LM expert tell me if you use the loose one or the compact? maybe that will help with the shine a bit. i tend to make a mess with loose powder if i am in a rush (my drycleaning bill tendered as evidence) and while i have been trying TleClerc recently i would like to try the whole LM line for face to see if i like it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
i'm glad to know Creme de la mer is not as great as what the media says~ Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
Blacklace wrote:
Rebecstar,

I agree about the foundation powder. i tried it as a sample when i bought the silk cream foundation and does not seem to sit well.

i did love the texture and colour of the silk cream foundation though i agree that it might be for drier skin. my main peeve is that it does seem to get shinier on me than EL but i love it otherwise. i have to use blotting sheets maybe twice a day to keep it fresh.

i tried the primer as suggested but have not seen much difference but will stick with it and see how it goes.

As for setting powder can a LM expert tell me if you use the loose one or the compact? maybe that will help with the shine a bit. i tend to make a mess with loose powder if i am in a rush (my drycleaning bill tendered as evidence) and while i have been trying TleClerc recently i would like to try the whole LM line for face to see if i like it.

I used to use the Transluscent pressed & loved it. In fact, I 've stopped using loose..if the pressed powder is a sheer pressed (like LM transcluscnt or BB sheer pressed, you won't miss the loose powder-there's no cakeyness or anything.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |