Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone ever go to those MAC make up classes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:53 am      Reply with quote
I singed up for one. It lasts an hour, you get a makeover afterwards. It was $50 but you use that towards any purchase of make up at any later date if you wish to wait.

I want to learn whatever Oprah's m/u artists do to make her look as though her complexion is flawless and see what they do to her nose??? If you have ever seen what she looks like w/o make up, you'll know what I mean. I want to learn THAT STUFF.

Anyway, wondering what is like. should be fun. I'm getting my hair done afterwards so it will be a fun pampered day anyway.
purpleturtle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:13 am      Reply with quote
they have mac makeup classes? hehe. A few years ago I was OBSESSED with mac makeup until(i'm still obsessed with their eyeshadows), but their foundations are almost like stage makeup...which i have found covers well on some. my poor skin can't handle it though...I wouldn't mind trying one of those classes though, i love learning anything that has to do with makeup..especially application to the eyes. Very fun stuff.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:18 am      Reply with quote
That actually sounds fun! Haven't heard about it though.

I challenge women, in any department I've ever gone to, to try and apply eye makeup to me without making me look like a clown.

I still don't wear eye makeup! Sad
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I wish you lived close to me, DiverChick! Eye make up is my specialty! I would love the "challenge", lol!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy

I swear, I can do brown eyeliner and mascara and that's it! I look ridiculous with anything else!

I really wish I could though! Everybody else looks so great on night's out!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds like alot of fun! I'd love to sit in on a class to learn a thing or two as well. And I really love seeing before and afters ... it's amazing how makeup can bring out people's best features. Have fun! Very Happy
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
I had a make over there for my b-day and the lady who did my m/u must must have been the ONLY one who did make up badly. Everyone else looked great. An I was looking at her make up while she was doing it and it was not so great either.

THAT is why I chose them. I was in Nordstoms arounnd prom time and saw how great they did make up.

Anyway, after class tomorrow, we get a free make over and what if I get this girl again??? I really want to see what I would look like with a skilled make up artist working on me. What would I say?
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy@aol.com wrote:
Anyway, after class tomorrow, we get a free make over and what if I get this girl again??? I really want to see what I would look like with a skilled make up artist working on me. What would I say?

Say very politely that while you enjoyed her work (an insignificant lie - no lightning will strike), you'd love the experience of another artist.

I wish you could experience the artist I had in New Hampshire. He was amazing. Colors were spot-on and I looked very natural but polished at the same time.

I'm wondering if it might work to do what I did - which was explain that I wanted "a daytime look." It might guard against the crazy "club look" that some of the artists have.

But no matter what, enjoy the experience. Nothing that a little soap and water can't fix!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
DiverChick wrote:
Very Happy

I swear, I can do brown eyeliner and mascara and that's it! I look ridiculous with anything else!

I really wish I could though! Everybody else looks so great on night's out!

I wear glasses and have always had a hard time with eye makeup. I had a makeover at the MAC store in Tampa and the guy was amazing! I learned a lot (even though I couldn't really watch him work on my eyes Laughing ).

You should give it a try!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |