Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Romantic bath stuff
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:50 am      Reply with quote
This is a funny question, say if you wanted to take a romantic bath with your partner, what products would you use? What type of smell(s)? Laughing
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
This might sound a little weird, but I LOVE wine-scented stuff when I'm with my DH. We light some merlot-scented candles, pour some wine-scented bath salts in the tub... at candessence.com you can get bath melts OR fizzies in a cabernet scent, very sexy!

Alternately, nothing beats good ol sensual chocolate!^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, this wine scented stuff sounds awesome! I've gotten a bunch of products from Candessence, but had no idea they offered cabernet as one of their fragrance options! But I checked their list of scents, and there it was...guess what I'm trying next?? Laughing

Where do you get the candles and salts you were talking about?

Mary Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
My fave wine bath treatment is prolly the one from aqua dessa--- it's nice, but pricey!! But, for a lot less money you can pick up wine/champagne-scented candles or bath stuff almost anywhere--- target, online, etc. It really helps to set the mood.^-^ (I can't wait to try candy's wine stuff!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Liz! I'm now on a mission to find some wine-scented stuff...

Mary Smile
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Just to get you started...

http://www.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=165051
(wine-scented bath and massage oil)

http://www.mydaisygarden.com/catalog/item/1336088/804057.htm
(champagne-scented bath salts)

http://www.relaxdepot.com/product/Vineyard-Candle-Herbal-Gift-Set-Collection.html
(wine candle sampler set)

http://creativeilluminations.com/item_76.php
(chardonnay-scented gel candle in a champagne flute. So sensual! Just looking at these babies makes me want to dim the lights and pop in the Barry White cd!!)

and of course: www.candessence.com (cabernet OR chocolate-scented bath fizzies and melts)

HTH!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
Liz, this wine scented stuff sounds awesome! I've gotten a bunch of products from Candessence, but had no idea they offered cabernet as one of their fragrance options! But I checked their list of scents, and there it was...guess what I'm trying next?? Laughing

Where do you get the candles and salts you were talking about?

Mary Smile

From me....Oh, forgot to mention I make those too? Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
Oh Candy, what would we do without you??

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
It is hard for me to immagine a wine scent for some reason. I would thinking it would be cool to use something hot like cinnamon or fruity like strawberries Razz. Actually, I was thinking about using lemon essential oil then scrape peelings from lime, lemon and orange (lot's) and let them float around.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
daniel7654 wrote:
Actually, I was thinking about using lemon essential oil then scrape peelings from lime, lemon and orange (lot's) and let them float around.

no no no! ouch! or if you do, be *very* careful. lemon EO can be really rough on sensitive skin, especially irritating in, um, certain crevasses and other sensitive areas.... love the idea, though.... perhaps bergamot? neroli? grapefruit (sparingly though)? chamomile?
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, you are a bad influence!! Laughing **Runs off to check all the links and burn a hole in her credit card**

Mary Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Oh Candy, what would we do without you??

smartie Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
Not to be a romance party pooper... but I haven't found any bath salts or oils that don't irritate.... ummm.... a certain part of my body.

Which isn't the end of the world, in my case, because my boyfriend is too hyper to sit in the tub. Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
LandB wrote:
Not to be a romance party pooper... but I haven't found any bath salts or oils that don't irritate.... ummm.... a certain part of my body.

Which isn't the end of the world, in my case, because my boyfriend is too hyper to sit in the tub. Rolling Eyes

May not be the oils but the fragrance used in it that causing the uh..er...ummm, irritation. Try something that has a natural fragrance, maybe a cocoa butter based item? Slight chocolately scent (which LOL seems to be all the rage lately). Extremely moisturizing, shouldn't irritate.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
May not be the oils but the fragrance used in it that causing the uh..er...ummm, irritation. Try something that has a natural fragrance, maybe a cocoa butter based item? Slight chocolately scent (which LOL seems to be all the rage lately). Extremely moisturizing, shouldn't irritate.

Would definitely give something like this a try... but I'd have to get the "ants out of his pants" first. Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
My BF has always loved vanilla scented stuff. He even loves scented candles (especially sugar cookie type smells) and tells me to light them all the time, not just "special occasions" I heard somewhere that vanilla is one of those smells that gets people going. At least it's easy to find! Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Daniel--

I've heard the smell of pumpkin is an aphrodiasiac-- there's the Philosophy pumpkin pie shower gel. You mentioned cinnamon, so that would blend well. My guy loves (LOVES) the scent of Philosophy Falling in Love. I've got him thinking it's just the way I smell, because he's never asked me "what're you wearing," just says, "god I love the way you smell." So, um, yeah, I suggest that. The scent also makes me feel very romantic and pretty. It has blackberry, floral, and vanilla notes.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |