Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

have a bad feeling =(
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I dont really have anybody to talk to about this subject, and this might not be the best place for discussion about this. But I have a boyfriend of 3 yrs who i suspect of cheating. He usually calls me everyday and before he goes to bed. Well last night he didnt call me all night while i wait for his phone call. I couldnt reach him because his cell phone only allows outgoing calls at this moment. And also i've noticed he had changed his appearance when I saw him this morning. He usually is the type to not shave etc. But today I had noticed he shaved, even his "southern region" which i found quite shocking. I asked him about cheating, but ofcourse he denies it and got hysterical when I even mentioned it. I dont know what to think right now, just dont really know how to cope with situations like this.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know him, and certainly don't want to make a judgement call, but..... If they all of a sudden make changes like that, without you prompting it or talking to you about it, I'd absolutely be thinking the way you are.. Been there, it's a heart-breaker...

Go with your 'gut', I find mine is never wrong...

I'm not saying to just call it off, or accuse him of all kinds of things, but be aware of everything... Do what you have to do, to make sure.. You don't want to make a snap decision and find out that you're wrong after all the time you have invested in this relationship...

Good luck hon.. I hope you're wrong, but do be prepared...
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have to second that. Usually a woman's first feeling is the right one. It's just that we start to rationalise it all and then convince ourselves that we are wrong.

I've been cheated on by a former boyfriend and he also played the dramatics when I asked him about it. I thought that he was doing this at the time because he was "so upset" that I wouldn't trust him or that I didn't believe him. It turns out that the drama displayed is because they don't know how else to react. They've been caught and the best way for them to weasel out of it is to overreact, yell and deny it. In my experience a sudden change or a desire to change in appearance is one clue. Your gut feeling is another. And third when he is asked about it he gets hysterical.

I would look into this further. I didn't at the time and stuck around for 6 months (with horrible suspicions the entire time) only to find out that my first feeling was right all along.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just called up one of his friends that he told me he was with last night. He said he just hung out at his friend's house and went home at around 10. Turns out him and some buddies went to a concert last night and stayed till around 2am.
Quote:
Usually a woman's first feeling is the right one. It's just that we start to rationalise it all and then convince ourselves that we are wrong.

I couldnt agree with you more. I always find myself rationalizing things and making things seem better than it is. My gut feeling tells me something is not right and i just pray to god that my gut is wrong. Sad
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BCgirl, sorry to hear about this, it sounds like something is up with him, but I was just thinking - maybe he feels guilty about spending time with and having fun with his friends in stead of spending time with you? It is difficult to guess when you don't know the person. Did you comment on his shaving? If he was trying to hide something from you, he would try to look like everything is just like usual wouldn't he?
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I hate that you are in this position. Guys lie for their friends often. Mine did. His friends backed up his stories. That's why I thought that I was wrong and stayed with the guy for 6 months more. It wasn't until I saw the guy with this girl (while I was out to dinner with my parents) that his lies were uncovered. I should have believed in myself when I first thought that he was cheating.
Your boyfriends friend might lie for him but that doesn't explain your gut feeling or his new desire to look different.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Anna_in_Sweden wrote:
Guys lie for their friends often.

Amen sista!!! Unfortunately, so do girls...

I did the same thing, stuck with it, even tho I 'knew' in my gut, and had evidence.. I chose to be blind to it, for more than 6 months I hate to admit... I will never do that gain! That was my one and only experience with cheating, and I don't want to ever experience it again.. {It did turn out the guy has a SEVERE sex problem/* spam alert *... And he's still doing the same stuff to all that have followed me and those before me}

Anyway, my point is the same as Anna's, you can't just believe what someone 'tells' you, because it's what you want to hear...

Again, I don't want to sound like this is cut and dried, just want you to be aware of all the possibilities and not close your eyes to what could possibly be a bad situation...

I've learned the heart DOES lie, the gut never does...
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
"He said he just hung out at his friend's house and went home at around 10. Turns out him and some buddies went to a concert last night and stayed till around 2am."

It sounds like your boyfriend and his friend have conflicting stories. If he hung out at his friends house until 10 why was another story that they were at a concert until 2am? Did I misread this?

And also, how does one do those quote things? I see them at the top of each post but when I click on it the entire message shows up. I don't want the whole message I want a part of it.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
^ my boyfriend "told" me that he was at his friends house just sitting around and doing nothing. However, I wasnt sure I beleived his story so I called his friend and asked him what my boyfriend was doing and his friend said they went to a concert. So two totally clashing stories, and I beleive his friend.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Anna.. after you click on quote, then just delete the parts you don't want, making sure you KEEP the quote thingies...

Uh huh.. totally different stories.. Me thinks they should have communicated better, before speaking... But then that's the type of thing that will always get someone caught..
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Kiki and Anna totally, but to their comments I would add....
You have a 3 year relationship during which he calls you every day and before he goes to bed Shock. If he's not cheating, maybe he just wants a break from what must now be an obligation/routine of those phone calls Wink He could well be feeling smothered. You need to talk to him.

Anya
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe he's just afraid because he didn't invite you to the concert and forgot to tell his friend that it was a secret. This would be a much more innocent explanation than cheating.

Now, the shaving thing is a bit disconcerting... Benefit of the doubt is that he's always wanted to try it and just got around to doing it. It's a pretty conspicuous thing to do if he were hiding anything.

Only you know whether you can stay with him while you "observe" his behavior. If you to choose to stick it out, however, I'd make sure you were protected. Hate to be so blunt but your health comes above all else.

Good luck through this.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
^ thx
I wouldnt be mad if he went to the concert... but the whole shaving thing is really suspicious to me. I dont know why he would feel the need to do that, i've been really busy this past week so i havent see him since last weekend but we kept in touch by him calling me. I'm not with him 24/7 so i dont know what he is doing or seeing at all times. I just wish i could trust him but I cant because i've caught him lying about something else before and he acted the same way as he is now.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sorry. I really am. I've been there and it feels like a swift kick in the teeth. I get the impression that you already know the answer for yourself. If you feel suspicious such as you are and he has lied in the past then I think that you have every right to feel that he is doing this again. It might be a different lie but the reaction is the same.

Just be safe. If he isn't cheating then you don't have anything to lose. If he is and you don't protect yourself (healthwise) then you could have a lot to lose. I got lucky with my cheating ex boyfriend and that I didn't catch anything. I do however know a woman who caught Herpes from her cheating husband and now even though she divorced him she is also stuck with the STD for life.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="BCgirlI just wish i could trust him but I cant because i've caught him lying about something else before and he acted the same way as he is now.[/quote]

To me, that says RED FLAG, all over the place... If you feel you can't trust him because of a past experience {only once?} then it's doubtful that will change..

I'm not saying it can't be worked thru, there are a lot of successful relationships that have worked thru bad times, whatever they have been.. But, only you can decide if it's worth it to you and if you feel you will ever be able to trust him 100% in the future...

I really am so sorry you're going thru this... I wouldn't wish anything like this on anyone...
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everybody for understanding... really means alot.
At the moment I am not talking to him because I am steamed. This guy who has wanted to go out on a date with me for the longest time always wants to get together but I never gave him a chance. He is very attractive, should I hang out with him tomorrow night and just go have diner as friends? It's the weekend, i just feel miserable staying at home and feeling hurt.
joziegrozy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BCgirl, not sure if that is a good idea Sad don't give your BF something to take against you... Go out with your other girlfriends. Or do go out with your attractive guy friend but hang out with other people at the same time so it doesn't look like a date. Coz if you make it look like a date, there's no turning back, it might open pandora's box; with you getting your already complicated feelings more mixed up, and your BF getting mad about this if he ever finds out Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
Aside from asking him what he did the night prior, did you ask him about his new shave and what sparked it?

I agree with joziegrozy on probably not the best idea to go out with this attractive friend. Whatever your bf's actions are, you don't want it to backfire on you if/when you find out more. Plus, it may send the wrong message and put you in a situation you may not want to be in. I think going out and having a weekend with the girls would be a great way to go!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I agree with Kiki and Anna totally, but to their comments I would add....
You have a 3 year relationship during which he calls you every day and before he goes to bed Shock. If he's not cheating, maybe he just wants a break from what must now be an obligation/routine of those phone calls Wink He could well be feeling smothered. You need to talk to him.

Anya

I agree with anya on this. You really won't know for sure until you ask him about the lying. Lying isn't all right regardless, though, and you should confront him on this. I mean, you've been together three years, that's a long time. You should be open with each other.

AS for the shaving, can you be sure that perhaps he wasn't trying to make himself more appealing to you? Just between you and me, my boyfriend shaves his lowers when he's feeling saucy. Wink

I dunno, I guess having gone through something like this not long ago with my bf of 2.5 yrs, him not calling when I thought he should, him not wanting to do something with me on a particular night-- it made me sad, mad, and confused, but I confronted him, and it had to do with health problems he'd been trying to keep from me (he has a chronic pain disorder). You just need to ask him. Before you go crazy.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:50 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Aside from asking him what he did the night prior, did you ask him about his new shave and what sparked it?

Yes i did ask him but he just said "whatever, it's no big deal" and got mad and hysterical when I talked more about it.

As for calling everyday etc. is pretty much expected from both of us. If I wasnt picking up my phone when he called he would think something was'nt right either. When I confronted him about not calling me that other night and that his friend told me he was at a concert, he then admitted to going to the concert and got pissed because I called his friend. Confused I havent talked to him since that conversation but I did go out with my friend to the club last night... didnt really have a good time because I kept thinking about the whole situation and how crushed I feel. Ended up leaving early.
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
That fact that he dismisses you like that shows that even if he isn't cheating, he doesn't have much respect for you. If he did he would not use words like "whatever it's no big deal" when you are voicing concern. He would try to make you understand what his reason was in a calm and repectful manner. Getting mad and hysterical and throwing aside your concerns shows a serious immaturity on his part. The only reason that he is mad that you called his friend is because his lies are being uncovered. You mentioned that he hasn't been truthful in the past either. I'm sorry that this is happening to you. You have every right to distrust him. His response and demeanor wouldn't make me think that he was telling the truth either.
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I totally agree with Anna.. You have reason for big concerns, even if he isn't cheating.. He's disrespecting you and your feelings.. This is something that I wonder if it has been going on, or is it new behavior.. If it's been going on, I'd say it will only get worse.. For sure, no better.. If it's just started, there is a reason for it.. If he cared/loved you in the right way, he would never treat you and your feelings like that. .

I wish you weren't going thru this, but remember, you have to respect yourself and decide that you are worth being treated so much better... Don't settle..
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Wow - that's not a healthy response for him for your relationship, especially one of 3 years. Whatever's come up has caused the two of you to be on separate pages, even if it's temporary.

Who knows, it could have been a dare, something someone said or something he saw. Or maybe he was out getting a "special" photo shot for you Wink Could there be any other explanations aside from concluding that there is another person?
daniel7654
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hire a private detective and find out for yourself Wink.
cloud_9
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
Make sure you wear a condom if you sleep with him again! Maybe he shaved because he got crabs! Shock
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |