Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
hydrocortisone
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
speedy
5% products discount

Sat Jun 03, 2006 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Is it bad for your skin. Im usuing a product that contains 2% and kojac acid. Its ment to get rid of dark circles around your eyes. The product is called Gatineau whitining plan creamy clay mask. I usually rub it around my dark circles and wash it off within 20 min. Is hydro and kojac bad.
pele
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:47 am      Reply with quote
Well, cortisone is a topical steroid. Topical steroids eventually thin the skin. In my opinion, thinning the skin around your eyes is bad and might cause more wrinkles. Either way, I don't think its a good idea to use it every single day. Especially a high dose like 2%. that's high! in Canada (don't know where you're from) you can't even get more than hydrocortisone 0.5% unless you have a prescription.

i have no idea what kojac acid is.

this is all just my opinion. I may be wrong Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:48 am      Reply with quote
My derm allows me to use a RX cortisone sparingly on my nose when it gets red, but says not for very long because it can lead to thinning of the skin. I don't know that I would use it too long, if so. But I have never heard of this product. Maybe someone has some advice on this?
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Yikkes! Shock I can't believe a product for your eye area contains hydrocortisone. I don't know much about the kojac acid but I would not put this product underneath my eye area. As an eczema sufferer all my life, I've used many hydrocortisone treatments and payed the price! It thins the skin over time, for me I've developed very fragile sensitive skin that is prone to facial redness and spidey veins that I just had lasered a few years ago. I don't know what the effects of it will be over time leaving it on 20 minutes and then washing it off...
When and if I do use hydrocortisone, it is very sparingly and not very often...I would definately stop using this, there has to be much better products out there, more natural ones to help with your dark circles! HTH!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:44 am      Reply with quote
OOoo...be careful with that. I have eczema and I've been told repeatedly that with the use of cortisone, it WILL thin out your skin. I was prescribed 0.5%, but am now using 2%. I do NOT use it near my eyes because the skin around that area is already very thin. My problem areas are my cheeks, so it is marginally less sensitive and fragile.

I wouldn't use it on your eye area!

Shock
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I believe hydrocortisone is only good for short periods of time, long term use can cause skin to thin. I would not use a product daily that used it, IMHO, hths.
speedy
5% products discount

Sat Jun 03, 2006 9:57 am      Reply with quote
well, has anyone heard of Gatineau whitining plan. I was told it contained cortisone, but i checked the the back label for ingredients and there are none...SO now i dont even know if my source is reliable. BUT, this brand is from paris and is a high price item that you can purchase in department stores. Its like a christian dior. SO, maybe it doesnt. Does anyone know more about the product
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Well Gatineau is a very reputable salon brand and I would be very surprised if any of their products had cortisone in them! Certainly in the UK Hydrocortisone is only available from a pharmacy (behind the counter) at very low concentrations (and it says all over it not to use on the face)or by a Doctors prescription.
All I can find on the creamy clay mask is that is purifies pores and is helpful in reducing pigmentation. no mention of cortisone. Confused

Kojis acid is supposed to be a safer alternative to chemical skin lighteners - if you check outwww.dermadoctor.com there is a whole article on skin lightening :

http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/newsletter79.asp?WID=%7BC41B4B63%2D1132%2D4866%2D8349%2D60B178C9A28C%7D

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
Are you sure it isn't hydroquinone? Hydroquinone is often combined with kojic acid in lightening products, and 2% would be a normal non-prescription strength for that.
speedy
5% products discount

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:29 am      Reply with quote
what is hydroquione..and is it bad..any negative side effects....
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Its a skin lightening agent like kojic acid...
Elfie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hydroquinone is also something to be careful of. It probably isn't bad in concentrations less the 2%, but there are products (Obagi Clear) that contain 4% or more. They should only be available with an rx (in the US-don't know about other countrys), but alot of online sellers will send it to you without one.

Hydroquione is partially metabolized by the kidneys and can be hard on them, especially people in renal failure or those who already have other renal issues. When I ignorantly used it the first time (with MD order), I noticed a strange smell to my urine and ran to my primary physician. She was horrified Shame on you , had me stop it immediately, tested my blood and indeed my levels were a tad high. They returned to normal within a week of discontiuing the cream. Remember this is antecdotal, but it doesn't change the fact that hydroquinone is a drug and should be handled as one.
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:25 am      Reply with quote
Because of the reasons listed in the former posts I was quit terrified when I found out that PCA skin's peel contains 0,5% hydrocortisone...
Generally, I have a safety issue with a lot of things I put on my skin (all those acids, and peptids, steroids, nanoparticles, tc.)
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |