Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any sunscreens BOTH for face and eyes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have any eye-cream that contains SPF at the moment. I got PSF Herbal sunscreen lotion but it is suitable for face and body only.

Just want to ask you gals what sunscreen brands can be applied on both face and eyes? Question Question

If there isn't any, I need to shop for an eye-cream with SPF to protect the eyes.
Ocha
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks bb2000, I would like to know if any sunscreen can be put on the eye area too! Don't you think most sunscreen are very rich in texture? I got some millia around my eyes so I'm worry that my skin will get worse if I apply sunscreen on those area. Thus, I bought Murad Essential-C Eye Cream SPF15 finally.
abejita
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use murad Essential C, as well, and like it very much. When it ran out, I just started using non-spf eye cream in the morning and using my face sunscreen on my eye area with no problem. I use shiseido spf30PA++ or amore Pacific spf30PA+++

HTH
liz
natsumi
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I use LRP Anthelios FE 50 (sparingly) around my eyes without any problems.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I use MD formulations total protector 30+ untinted, on my face and around my eyes without any problems. I am very prone to milia around my eyes and all the sunscreen I used prior to this caused milia. Another good one could be the dermadoctor sunblock, I have heard great things about it, but I haven't tried it myself Smile
Hope this helps!
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
I use Shiseido s/s on my face and around my eyes with no problem.

We are all different and perhaps you can't.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Hi bb2000,

I have always been afraid to use face sunscreen on my eye area as the directions usually say avoid eyes. i use a separate eye cream for my eyes-- Lancome Ultra Protection Eye Creme spf 40--it's tinted and very smooth going on, and i love the high spf, seems eye creams out there peak at spf 15.
vpmiyu
5% products discount

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:36 am      Reply with quote
I use Shiseido lotion (SPF 15) and Ponds whitening lotion (SPF 22) around the eyes/lids with no probs. These are for the face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:57 am      Reply with quote
vpmiyu--i have very sensitive eyes, they can start to water if a strong breeze brushes by so i can't chance it on sunscreen leaking in Sad
neroliwater
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
I use Dr. H SPF15 lotion and Clinique city block SPF40 for both face and eyes and they work well.

I heard that Clarins has a good SPF40 sunscreen. Guess you can try that one too.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
i wondered about it too, if you could use regular sunblock on the eyelid and under eye.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
i have been reading some online sources on this and i even checked the directions on my sunscreens and they all say to avoid the eye area because when you sweat, the sunscreen can travel to your eyes and cause irritation. to be safe, i would buy a separate eye cream with spf. there doesn't seem to be any studies or articles done on the long term effects of sunscreen leaking into the eyes.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Skincareaddicted,

Thanks for your information. It makes sense.I'd better buy an eye cream with SPF.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi bb2000, let me know what you end up using, i am always on the lookout for new products Smile
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I use a Jane Iredale pressed powder, which has SPF protection, I apply it all over my face, and my eyelids. The spa where I first bought the powder told me it was safe to use on my eyes, and my super-sensitive eyes have never reacted to it. I apply it right up to the lash line on the lids and under the eyes. I had some darker pigmentation along my lash line before I started using it, which was apparently due to sun damage, but it is all gone now.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
Emma_Jane--your jane iredale pressed powder is made of minerals? on my lazier days, i brush on my minerals foundation powder around my eyes and sometimes i will do this over my spf cream because it prevents my eye makeup from smearing too much. i was told minerals makeup doesn't offer as much sun protection since you need 2 good layers to equal an spf 20. i don't like laying out in the sun or anything, but i do get exposure driving to school, so i worry.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |