Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Has anyone ever had "spots" from a chemical peel?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I did a glycolic about 2 weeks ago and it burned me badly in some areas. I just thought it would heal over. I did a 18% TCA a few months ago and nothing, nada. So weird....so I thought a 50% Glycolic would be ok. Not so.

So anyway, I have darker areas where the it burned so bad, it was almost raw. And it scabbed overBut now 2 weeks later, those areas are darker than the rest of my face. .

Iworked so hard on myskin over the past few months with Obagi which if anyone has doen it, it is a BIG committment. And since then with other things. the rest of my face looks pretty good. Just hoping it will go away on its own. I still have some Hydroquinone products around, should I use that on those spots for awhile?
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
wenrwdy I get glycolic acid peels done at my dermatologists and occasionally get raw spots. I get 70% peels currently but I have gotten raw spots at peel strengths as low as 30%! Honestly I don't know what causes this. I know it can happen if you leave some of the acid on your skin but I always thoroughly rinse and know I am not leaving any acid on my skin. When I have mine they start out as a raw spot, scab over then once the scab is gone a pink mark is left. On my pale skin they take 2 to 3 months to heal. I have never tried hydroquinine so I don't know how that would work. If yours are like mine, I think they will go away in time. I have never had one not go away but sometimes I worry that one won't and I will be left with a scar. I debate whether I should keep getting peels (I have been getting them done once a month for 2 years) and one of the reasons I consider stopping the peels is because of the inexplicable raw spots.

Hopefully someone else can offer some insight as to why this happens and maybe how we can get them to clear up quickly. HTH
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
I was *just about* to ask if I'm the only one!!

I get raw spots from 30%, too. I'm using an at-home peel with PH 2.3. I neutralize with baking soda afterwards.

It takes my face 3-5 days to go back to normal after these peels. Right after the peel, I have a lot of scabs and overall my face feels very rough to the touch, even in places where I can't see any scabs.

About 3 days after the peel I start Retin-A again and thankfully never have any leftover red spots after the scabs (I really restrain myself from touching them).

Everyone just raves about glycolic peels but I've never heard this mentioned before. Also hoping someone can shed some light on this.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:48 am      Reply with quote
Except for low strength I only spot peel with high strength acid. I also neutralize using ethanol immediately after my selected time period and then ACV to restore acid then PSF O2 serum and a copper peptide serum. I have occasionally over peeled and gotten red spots but never crusting or sores that lasted more than 3 days.
I really believe that the peel and heal is doing my skin good. I have almost defeated my nemesis the line at the left side of my mouth after the last peel it is breaking up.

That said everyone has different responses to glycolic you should go slow (start with a pH of 3 or higher) and 20% acid or so and find what is right for you.
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Sharky. I actually agree this peeling and raw spots help quickly improve my skin. I've had some bluish marks that wouldn't fade no matter what, and peel lifts them up within 2 days.

Restoring acid balance with ACV though is a great idea, I'll try that after baking soda next time.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:49 am      Reply with quote
Tiger: This board has increased my spending on face stuff so much it does freak my husband but even he (who is generally oblivious to looks) is floored by the difference in my skin from 3 years ago. At least the Dermal tone is a one time expense!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |