Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Whatcha Listening To??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Just wondering, as I have my moments of appreciation, musically. Right now: anything by Gram Parsons, the new Dixie Chicks album, Wolfmother, Holly Brook, Johnny Cash, and Led Zepplin. `Just what my moods have suited these past few weeks.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
I've been listening to whatever I have on my ipod. The list currently consists of No Doubt, Backstreet Boys, Celine Dion, Shania Twain, Oasis, The Wallflowers, Amanda Marshall, Evanesence, Bryan Adams, Selina, etc. I haven't updated my CD collection in a long time. Sad
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
The new Dixie Chicks album, SPOON (I LUV spoon!), Corinne Bailey Rae, The Shins, Postal Service, Fall Out Boy and Paul Simon... geez what did I work out to this morning... oh the first black eyed peas album, monkey business.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
OOOhh! Great topic.

Usually I listen to alternative pop rock but I'm really into dance music right now. I'm amazed at how every time I listen to it for a half hour or more it puts me in the best mood. So this is how I start my day now, by turning up the dance tunes on my XM!!!! Very Happy

Love these songs....
Taxi Doll- "Waiting" Josh Harris remix
Natasha Bedingfield- "The one that got away"
Gabriel and Dresden- "Tracking treasure down"
Narcotic Thrust- "Waiting for You"
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
I think this is more meant as a question of musical tastes but what I am listening to right now like at this very moment as I type this is the "Grease" soundtrack from the original movie.

I wanted to be Sandy so badly and I don't mean the nice good one either. I mean the one in the skintight black satin pants at the end of the movie!

I'm cool, right? Razz Bad Grin
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm like you Casper's Mum, I go through different phases of what I want to hear. My boyfriend usually leaves his ipod on shuffle when we're in his car, so we listen to a lot of Wilco, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Jack Kerouac and Bukowski readings. From my collection I've been listening to a lot of PJ Harvey, Cash, Cure, Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie... I waiting for my Marilyn Manson/ Tool mood to kick in. That's always fun!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Currently I've been splurging ridiculous amounts on Amazon seeking out rare and no-name cds.

My favourites at the moment are
Boheme - Annette Louisan
Love in the time of science, Fisherman's woman - Emiliana Torrini
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
My taste in music varies...

On my ipod right now:

Il Divo
The Supremes
Eminem
Shawnna
Jack Johnson
Ben Harper
Mariana's Trench
Veruca Salt
Silverchair - and oldie but a goodie =)
NiN
Destiny's Child/Beyonce
Jay Z

My music tends to lean more towards rap/hip/R&B, but I do listen to other stuff as well.

Lately, I've been trying to get into electronic/dance to rev me up for the gym.
puglove
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
oh, BTW, that's just a partial list. I got tons more that I can't think of... Smile
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:05 am      Reply with quote
If it wasn't for my boyfriend, who's a downloading king, I'd be listening to the news or talk radio. Rolling Eyes I go through these phases where I lose interest in music, especially when I'm stressed with work. I think I treat it like a guilty pleasure, and I tend to "punish myself" when I need to focus on work. Loser that I am.

So thanks to the downloading, I'm reviving three old faves - Jonathan Brook, Ani DiFranco, and Vertical Horizon (one-CD-wonder, I believe, but so great). My boyfriend made jam-packed CD's for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:03 am      Reply with quote
miranets wrote:
Emiliana Torrini

Oh I LUV Emilianna Torrini! When I used to spin I used to always mix "To Be Free". Ever notice she's on the soundtrack to TONS of movies?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Ben Harper. He is playing in Tahoe in August. Can't wait
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
I've been listening to Andrea Bocelli"s "Amore" CD after listened to James Blunt's "Good Bye My Lover" for more than half a year! I've heard that his big hit " You're Beautiful" has been banned from some radio stations in UK. Too bad! I really liked the song. Still do! But when you have to listen to it a dozen times a day!!! Same thing with Michael Buble's "Home"! I did go to his one time only concert in Vancouver and enjoyed it very much. Love his voice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
violetanne wrote:
I'm like you Casper's Mum, I go through different phases of what I want to hear. My boyfriend usually leaves his ipod on shuffle when we're in his car, so we listen to a lot of Wilco, Beatles, Pink Floyd, Jack Kerouac and Bukowski readings. From my collection I've been listening to a lot of PJ Harvey, Cash, Cure, Nine Inch Nails, David Bowie... I waiting for my Marilyn Manson/ Tool mood to kick in. That's always fun!

I have been in a constant Tool mood since the new album came out last month. It has not left the first slot in my car's CD player!
I've also been listening to a lot of NiN lately (god I love Trent Reznor!). Currently in the CD player (aside from Tool and NiN): Queens of the Stone Age, Psychostick, A Perfect Circle, and Disturbed. Yeah, I'm a rock chick all the way!! Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
What is it about Trent Reznor? I've always had a crush on him! When I was 15 I was certain we were soulmates. Laughing I've not gotten tired of the new nin album, yet. It's constantly in my player.

As it turns out, I ended up with a pale, dark haired musician who likes to wear all black when performing. Coincidence or tendency? Hum????
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Jack Johnson!!! His voice calms me down in any situation and when I am at work my blood pressure tends to RISE a lot.
Caspers Mum

Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
The past half hour, I've been listening-to ... Gram Parsons, or songs written/recorded in-tribute to him.

If you don't know whom Gram Parsons was, some Forum members of the Baby Boomer generation might remember him as a member of The Byrds. Those whom are old-school country music fans might remember him as Emmylou Harris' lover/singing partner.

Gram was a lot of things, and he died at a very young age, of Alcoholism and a drug over-dose. Lately, his music has had a lot of mean ing to myself. And I am not a country music fan, nor was raised on country!

Former sixties groupie, Pamela (Miller) De Barres published a book of her memoires in 1988, entitled I'm With the Band. I remember seeing her on t.v., at 13, and scooping-up the book, despite my young, influential age. Subsequentially, I also bought/read her follow-up, Take Another Little Piece of My Heart. Both are awesome memoires of rock n' roll history of the 60's/70's. (if my mother only knew the details that I'd been reading at 13/14 years of age!)

Pam: uber groupie, but also very good friends to many members of the music industry, before the days of security, etc. "I'm with the band!" would have, indeed, sufficed in her hey-day.

Pam: loved The Byrds, and it's member Chris Hillman. Was buddies with member Gram Parsons: a good `ol boy from Georgia. He left The Byrds to persue his own cryin' cowboy ways. He also made rodeo tailor, Nudie, famous, with his suits.

Gram: an Alcoholic and drug addict, whom succumbed to a drug over-dose. Heroin, coke, pot, you name it: it was done. Friends included (surviving buddy & fellow addict, Keith Richards).

His friends stole his body from the morgue, and though persued by the authorities, tried to incinerate Parsons' remains in a funeral pyre, set in the desert. Which is what he would have wanted. They were later charged with the theft of a corpse, and an indignity caused to a corpse. Whatever.

Gram was a cool guy. I love his lyrics. I've loved the 1999 tribute album since it's release, and continue to love his lyrics, and the songs interperated by other artists whom recognize his genuis, despite his untimely death.

Gram, his long fingers, beautiful lyrics, and soulful voice will live-on forever.

la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:56 am      Reply with quote
wow! i love Gram Parsons and never knew.... just found a site that went into even *more* details about his death: http://ebni.com/byrds/memgrp6.html. it was just so weird to read that as i dreamed of Joshua Tree all last night (going through withdrawal, i think). if i manage to get out there this thanksgiving (an annual trip for over a decade -- but a long way from paris), i will bring some of his music, visit CapRock, and give him your regards, Caspers Mum.
vpmiyu
5% products discount

Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Recently I've been listening to opera, SPK, Japanese rock, and Reggaeton. Weird combo, haha! I've always been fond of all the 80s and classic/prog rock though... that's my era.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
hm... i like angry rock.... (the type of music that makes you want to bang your head against the wall)
like my chemical romance (love all their songs), avenge sevenfold and hurt.
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:54 am      Reply with quote
Right now I'm listening to Belle and Sebastian. Love them and their lyrics.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:24 pm      Reply with quote
always listening to U2- my favorite. New right now- Red Hot Chili Peppers new album. There's a bunch of music I want to get- Dixie Chicks, She Wants Revenge, The Raconteurs, but I'm spending too much on skincare right now Laughing
Emma_Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Recently:
U2
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Bird
Audioslave
Arcade Fire
Cass Fox
Ryan Adams
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:41 am      Reply with quote
I love love anything from the highwaymen, The can be seperate of they can be together but any way they are they are great. My absolute favorite of all them is Waylen Jennings. My 8 year old son likes Johnny Cash the most though.
alice~in~wonderland
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
i prefer techno style - particularly speed garage and drum & bass
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:18 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |