Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
:: Review :: HYLEXIN: MY LATEST WEAPON AGAINS DARK CIRCLES
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
I was very skeptical at first.
Right, and you think that I can easily be fooled into believing that even with that Zorro's black masks under your eyes, Hylexin still can get rid of them.
But curiosity killed the cat, I closed my eyes and sent the order to EDS last month for the very costly Hylexin.
I has been quietly trying the cream for the last 4 weeks day and night and the verdict is in: I think Hylexin has worked for me.
My biggest concern about my skin always is the dark circles under my eyes.
I know that if I use my eyes a little bit less: read less books, spend less time surfing the net, get enough quality sleeps...I will not have that dark the circles.
Also, I think I was born with a curse that the skin under my eyes is so thin and so fragile that you can see blue and green and pink veins underneath.
I also suffer from acute dermatitis that make my skin around my eyes very reactive to any new stuff I put on.
All right, skip the complains, I know you just want to know if Hylexin worth the money. GET TO THE POINT!
For me, it's quite good and I should give it 4 stars.
It's very lightweight and not greasy.
I'm very prone to having milia under my eyes if I use too heavy cream, so I like it very much.
For day time, it's an excellent make up base, in my case, my favorite "Amazing Cosmetic Concealer". It has tiny sparkling articles that reflect lights and because of that it really brightens the dark half moons under my eyes.
For night time, it gives just enough moisture for my fragile skin without weighing it down. I get up in the morning without the puffiness I sometimes suffer because of too heavy eye cream.
After using it for one month, it gives me no bad allergic reaction. The dark circles are not that dark, and I know it because I just use much less concealer. The blue rims under the skin that sit right on top of my cheek bones are less noticeable.
I think I will keep using Hylexin as my best choice of eye cream for now.
4 stars from me to Hylexin!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
That's really great that it worked for you.. Everything I've read on other boards and in researching, said it was a waste of money.. Guess you proved there is ALWAYS an exception to the rule!!!
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 04, 2006 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I just think being patient is the main factor here.
For any new product, if I don't get bad allergic reaction from it, I will give it at least 4 week trial.
I already spent money on it, it will be a bigger waste if I just throw it away.
Besides, if just after one or two applications and the product can get rid of the problem instantly, I would be very worried: what kinds of ingredient that they put in it? What if I become addicted to it? If there is any side effect in a long term use?
Also, for the dark circles under the eye, I don't think there will be anything that can remove them totally and permanently.
There can only be some way to help them look less noticeable or from getting worse.
I never put too high the expectation to any skin care product. There is no such thing as miracle cream that works for everybody. If there is, there would be no need for a beauty forum like this Very Happy
For me, Hylexin is just better than many of the eye cream I had used before. And I'm happy with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:15 am      Reply with quote
That's excellent, I'm so pleased for you! I have dark circles too which sound very similar to yours, and have nearly ordered Hylexin many times but have been put off by the negative experiences posted. This makes me think it might just be worth a try after all Very Happy
babyfish
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:05 am      Reply with quote
OMG! I forgot there's " spell check". So ashamed! Sorry, ladies! Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 16, 2006 9:58 am      Reply with quote
any updates on the results? i tried some sample from sephora, liked the texture, it melts so quickly to your skin. the reviews on this product is really mixed. however i purchased it through eds. still waiting for the package to arrive
cecelia
5% products discount

Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:54 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried the hylexin but I have tried eye bright. I think someone here said it was very similar to the hylexin. You have to apply it every day but after about 2 weeks I saw a very noticeable difference. My undereye circles are much brighter -- it looks a little off because it's almost like they are getting bleached but it is sooooo much better than before! Very Happy

Edited to add: hmmmm, maybe it was DCX that is similar to eye bright, not hylexin. There's just too much to keep track of! I don't know how all of you ladies do it!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:28 am      Reply with quote
cecelia wrote:
I haven't tried the hylexin but I have tried eye bright. I think someone here said it was very similar to the hylexin. You have to apply it every day but after about 2 weeks I saw a very noticeable difference. My undereye circles are much brighter -- it looks a little off because it's almost like they are getting bleached but it is sooooo much better than before! Very Happy

Edited to add: hmmmm, maybe it was DCX that is similar to eye bright, not hylexin. There's just too much to keep track of! I don't know how all of you ladies do it!

cecelia, it the eye bright something like concealer?
cecelia
5% products discount

Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:

Grace, it's not a concealer. It is more of a serum. They say to apply it in the AM and PM daily to see results. I started seeing a noticeable difference after about 1-2 weeks but I only use it in the morning.

It has definitely lightened the area under my eye, although as I mentioned before, the color is a little off- almost like a fluorescent blue white, if that makes any sense. It's not bad, just odd for me to see when I'm used to a dark circle.

I started noticing it was really making a difference when I realized I was waking up and leaving the house without makeup or often skipping my undereye concealer step. I don't think I've left the house w/o some sort of concealer since I was in my early 20s!
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 18, 2006 8:36 am      Reply with quote
cecelia wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

Grace, it's not a concealer. It is more of a serum. They say to apply it in the AM and PM daily to see results. I started seeing a noticeable difference after about 1-2 weeks but I only use it in the morning.

It has definitely lightened the area under my eye, although as I mentioned before, the color is a little off- almost like a fluorescent blue white, if that makes any sense. It's not bad, just odd for me to see when I'm used to a dark circle.

I started noticing it was really making a difference when I realized I was waking up and leaving the house without makeup or often skipping my undereye concealer step. I don't think I've left the house w/o some sort of concealer since I was in my early 20s!

Thanks for the reply, cecelia, i am glad that works for you!
basketballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I hope I can get rid of my dark circles, this product is highly recommended, I want to try
basketballer
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
the price is reasonable as it contains 0.78OZ Razz
LeeBee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:24 am      Reply with quote
I agree. I think Hylexin is effective as well. I'm aware that it doesn't get good reviews, but my experience with it was positive. It does take time, and it is a gradual process. I didn't realize how well it worked until I stopped using it! Within 1 or 2 weeks, I could not believe how prominent my circles appeared. I ran out and bought more. It really does last a LONG time, so the price is really not that steep. I have drier skin, and always apply an eye cream over the Hylexin, mornung and night.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 02, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
cecelia wrote:

who makes eyebright?
moonshadow
5% products discount

Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
it's quite good for improving the dark circle but not moisture enough. I have to add eye cream on top.
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
As I posted in another thread, this worked wonders for a friend of mine. I hadn't seen her in a few months and couldn't believe my eyes--no, her eyes. Her dark circles were gone and it took years off of her face. I haven't used the product myself (I have other issues to deal with), but saw first had what it is capable of accomplishing.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Woohoo, I still have some hylexin in my stockpile (tragic), so it might be another tool in the battle against dark undereye circles Cool
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
I think it depends on what is causing your dark circles
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 23, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
here's what paula begoun had to say

Although it contains some state-of-the-art ingredients that make it worthwhile as a lightweight moisturizer, none of them can affect the oxidation of hemoglobin in capillaries lying beneath the surface of the skin in the eye area (or anywhere else), nor do they have an impact on the enzyme activity that supposedly controls this function, as claimed. The ingredient associated with this potential effect is the citrus bioflavonoid called hesperidin methyl chalcone. There is research supporting its internal use as an aid to venous (vein) problems. One study documented that it lowers the filtration rate of capillaries; less blood flowing though capillaries close to the surface of skin potentially means less hemoglobin would oxygenate to cause a dark bluish discoloration under the eyes. However, there is no substantiated research proving that hesperidin methyl chalcone will have this effect when applied topically.

Another study detailed this ingredient’s use when combined with the root of the Ruscus aculeatus plant and vitamin C, but again it was about oral consumption for alleviating symptoms of varicose veins and helping prevent them from becoming a chronic disease (Source: International Angiology, September 2003, pages 250–262). It is clear from published research that hesperidin methyl chalcone does have various benefits for the body, but diminishing severe dark circles via topical application is not one of them (Sourcewww.pdrhealth.com/drug_info/nmdrugprofiles/nutsupdrugs/hes_0295.shtml) Although hesperidin methyl chalcone cannot affect blood vessels when applied topically (Source:www.naturaldatabase.com), as a bioflavonoid, it has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, so it is still a potentially good ingredient for skin, provided you aren’t hoping for a dark circle–eliminating miracle. Hylexin is fragrance-free.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:12 am      Reply with quote
I've been on the fence after trying a sample for a few weeks. It seems it takes longer to actually see results. I am thinking I might take the plunge now. Thanks for reviving the thread.

5% products discount

Mon Nov 24, 2008 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
It didn't work for me, nothing has changed after 1 month of use and it was expensive, not recommend !
WinnieHo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 6:14 am      Reply with quote
I also tried Hylexin for one month.To be honesty,it's really valid.My dark circle is getting lighten. Laughing
Determined
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
cecelia wrote:
gracedhy wrote:

Cecelia, I looked all over the internet and all I could find on eye bright was a concealer. No serum. Do you have a link?
Banh
5% products discount

Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I guess it just works for those with purpleish dark circles, anyone with result please comment, I still have my tube sitting in the drawer.
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:41 am      Reply with quote
My dark circles come from blood under the skin not from actual skin discoloration. SO i guess it should work?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |