Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Press and Roll/Lift Technique...plus a ramble.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:23 am      Reply with quote
Hello, this is my first post. I'm am a persistent longtime lurker. I really enjoy reading the product recommendations and experiences of everyone that posts on these boards and I wanted to first officially thank everyone who shares their wisdom here!

For the past few months I have been completely reassessing/reassembling my skincare routine in the pursuit of...attainably flaw free skin. Not the unrealistic magazine poreless kind, just the regular...well you know, the friend everyone seems to have at least one of...the one with the (naturally) enviably great skin (but unfortunately is genetically blessed and can offer no product-recommendation-type wisdom). Anyway. That's what I have been after.

I've always suffered from those little tiny under-the skin-bumps, for as long as I can remember. I tried for many years to ignore them, then I tried to pick at them...of course with bad results, leading to worse problems, then finally I kind of gave up, but still knowing they were there irritated the heck out of me. And every once in a while I would pick at them Again and unintentionally turn them into blemishes (and some scars). Embarassed

First I tried the aspirin mask, with good results. Then I overused it (during wintertime, no less) and my skin of course dried out and became very reactive. Then I discovered oils. First I tried OCM with EVOO and then discovered grapeseed and castor, and began using jojoba to moisturize. I got a face brush. All of these were giving me good results, but still I was unhappy. Then onto La Vitton...I got a set of water-soluble cleansing oil and eye/facial moisturizing oils as well. Then I became a DIY-er and started experimenting with essential oil blends into carrier oils, masks, you name it. I made DIY DHCC and I liked it...kind of. Well, I really wanted to like it but somehow I felt like I was never getting the jist of the 'press and roll technique' that makes it so effective.

I searched and searched on here for a clear description, then turned to the internet, and still nothing. I gave up for a while. Then I read about the Burts Bees Orange cleanser and decided to try out yet Another product. (I am very, very happy with the results of this product. Thank you So much, Carekate, and everyone else who posted about it)!

Then I finally read a post where someone mentioned that the technique is similar to the Clarins Cleansing milk instructions. So I went to the Clarins site and I found this video! ( I am a new poster so I cannot link to external websites, but here is how to get to it)

-Go to the Clarins website
-Click on your country
-Click on 'Face' (Upper lefthand corner of the screen)
-Click on 'Cleansing and Exfoliating Care' (In the green, top lefthand side of screen)
-Click on one of the cleansing milks
-Click on the box in the lower right corner of the screen...it says, "Application Tips Skin Care"

I use the Burts cleanser in the mornings now (press and roll/lift), and in the evenings I massage it in and then use an electronic face brush (not Clarisonic, just a cheapie Homemedics one). I also started taking a women's multivitamin with EFAs after realizing I was deficient. And I recently invested in the new derma wand(another Great product, so far). I am happy to say that I am finally noticeably on my way toward my goal.

Hopefully the video helps anyone who is confused by the press and roll/lift technique. Once I am more in sync with a new routine, I will be sure to post (in other already existing topics) about my experiences. Thanks again, everyone!!!

Hope this helps!

-Olyn

Very Happy
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:54 am      Reply with quote
wave Hi Olyn, welcome out of the lurkers closet!

THANK you for post. I am about to try the Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream for the first time and was just not sure about this whole press and roll. I will whip over to Clarins tonight for a peak at the video.

Do let us know how you get on with the Dermawand. That is on my "man i want that but would I use it" list. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Olyn, you're an angel! Very Happy

My Burts Bees Orange Cleanser (also lemminged from Carekate's recommendation) just arrived half an hour ago. I was about to search to try to find out how to do this technique, so you've saved me some time.

I'm so looking forward to trying this!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the link. I found application techniques for all skin care products useful and interesting. We never stop learning. Wink
tidieu
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link, Olyn!
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:43 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou for the link, it is helpfull.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad the link is helpful to all of you! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Tiger_tim: I have only had the derma wand for a little over a week, so I am trying to wait a little longer so I can give a thorough review, but since you seem interested...I will give you a preview!
I use it mornings and evenings. In the mornings, after washing/patting my face dry, I hold it very slightly away from my face to cleanse my pores. It makes a noise and an ozoney smell. Then I apply moisturizer, and then run the derma wand all over my moisturizer to help it penetrate. Mine came with a dvd, so I go in the motions that were outlined from that.
Results so far: I have noticed it Definitely help speed up healing. I had some cystic bumps along my jawline that I had picked and squeezed the heck out of (I know, I know. But I couldn't help it!) I tried everything on them, and was left with irritatation, redness, you name it. I treated the spots like the dvd said to, individually (as if they were just plain acne), and then also used the same process of moisturizing/cleansing that I used for the rest of my face. Now, a week later, they are basically just light reddish/brownish spots, easy to cover with concealer. And I'm pretty sure even those spots will fade pretty quickly. This is the fastest my skin has ever healed, with the exception of maybe PSF 02 serum.

For wrinkles-I'm 24 and I don't spend much time unprotected in the sun, so fortunately I don't have too many to contend with. I did have one by one corner of my mouth that was pretty unnoticeable except it annoyed me to no end, as makeup always seemed to fill in that little crease, making it very noticeable (to me, at least). It's basically gone.

Evenness/Color-This is Very noticeable. I am pale, with dark hair, blue eyes, and some freckles. My skin always looked very...blah. Splotchy, unneven, unhealthy. I was/am addicted to blush, because I feel like it makes me look like I have some circulation! Since using the derma wand, I definitely notice my skin color looks a Lot healthier. I don't know how to describe it...it is kind of that healthy glow I think some people describe.

I hope this helps you in your decision! I will let you know any changes/improvements I see. I was on the fence about it too, but it came with a 30 day money back guarantee...also I figured if I didn't think it was worth it, I'd just sell it on ebay! So far I am very happy with it.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the preview. I've been thinking about buying the Dermal Wand for some time now. I have exactly the same skin/eyes/hair as you. I think light skin is the hardest because everything shows so much more. Keep posting your results. I'm away next week but when I get back I'll probably give in.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
why dont we have a "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" emoticon? Laughing I have my hands over my eyes... that sounds like an effective little tool... damn.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky -

I think you're right about light skin being the hardest because everything shows more. I have a couple of friends with naturally tan-looking skin and that beautiful (I think so, at least) flush in the cheeks. Of course I wish for what I don't have! The reason I started wearing foundation years ago in the first place was to attempt to disguise my freckles, and add a bit of color to my palor. Maybe you and I could trade makeup tips? It is rare I find someone with a similar combination of overall coloring.

Sharky & Tiger_tim -

Today I'm down to wearing just concealer and a very tiny bit of mineral makeup powder. It is the first time I have gone without real foundation in years and years. Sharky, if your skin is similar to mine, I really do think you will be happy with the results. They are not entirely immediate, but I felt like I immediately saw the potential of improvement, if that makes sense. I am still learning different ways to use the derma wand effectively, and refining my overall method.

For me the justification for the purchase came from thinking about how much I have spent, particularly over the past year, on creams and lotions and serums and oils hoping to give me some kind of magical result. While I did have *good* results from several products, at the end of the day I would sit and think about how much it would cost me in the long haul to continue using them. The nice thing about the derma wand is you buy it, and that's all. It did come with something saying that replacement bulbs are $25.00 (and not covered by the 5 year warranty). That seems like kind of a lot. I do like the idea that it makes product penetration more effective, so in effect is saving me money because I have to use less of a product to get the same result (or better). Ok, I think I need to stop here as I worry I am starting to sound like an advertisement!

As a warning-The dvd I received with mine looks like it was made in the '80s. Actually the derma wand (compared to some other high tech gadgets I've seen) kind of does too. It was initially off-putting to me but regardless...I really like it so far!

Some other info:

Cons:
-It plugs right into the outlet, and has no charger or batteries. So you really need to have an available outlet by a mirror available to you. I think it's kind of inconvenient, but not terrible.

-When I first started using it the 'ozone' smell seemed very strong to me. It is not an unpleasant smell, just unusual and...well, strong. I don't know if I have gotten used to it or what but I don't notice it much anymore.

-If you have sensitive skin/low tolerance for pain, I can see this making the product less effective for some people. It has settings from 1-9. It was weird getting used to the feeling of startling little static shocks on my face (the directions say start at level 1-2 and work your way up), but to me it was very easy to get used to, and I use level 9 all the time now.

-Mine came with a bunch of products from a company called Derma Vital. I haven't used them yet. I guess this isn't really a 'con' it's just...I hate to waste them, but I am afraid to use products from a brand I have Never heard of!

-It is addictive! To me, at least. I find myself randomly using it throughout the day. Laughing

The only other thing I wanted to mention is that I know some people were confused between the original derma wand, oxylight, and then this new derma wand. Of course I can't compare mine to the others, but I know the differences have to do with "cycles per second". I know the newer derma wand uses 114,000 cycles per second, which is the highest of the 3. Oxylight is at 20,000. I don't know the figure for the original. I also do not know what these cycles are, or what they do. I just wanted to get the most 'bang for my buck'!

Do you think I should be writing about this in a new post? I was thinking of maybe waiting until more time had passed.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Olyn
Where did you buy your Derma Wand?
Thanks
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
I bought it through Amazon. I have also seen it on ebay but I was too impatient to wait, and I wanted to make sure I was getting the right one.
termom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:34 am      Reply with quote
The original manufacturer is dermawand.net.

Anybody can comment on the effectiveness between the new derma wand and the oxylight? I already bought the oxylight and I have been using for months, loving it. I just wonder if I should also get the new derma wand.
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:36 am      Reply with quote
ok i smell another lemming!!!! basically is this like the machine they used to use at the beautician after you had a facial????

especially on acne? i remember back in teh day when i had really bad acne and i had extractions they would do this little electric shock thing that crackles all over the area and it was supposed to heal. i had forgotten all about it!
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:37 am      Reply with quote
am looking up the website now- thanks for the tip!!
bella77
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 5:40 am      Reply with quote
ok... it only has an american plug! what should I do - am in australia. i guess i would have to buy a plug...will the difference in voltage make it blow up??
Mabsy

Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:21 am      Reply with quote
bella77 wrote:
ok... it only has an american plug! what should I do - am in australia. i guess i would have to buy a plug...will the difference in voltage make it blow up??

Yes, the voltage difference will damage it. You'd need to get a voltage converter (e.g. @Tandy) in order to use it and I think even then there may not be any guarantees (but that I'm not sure of).
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |