Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
PSF O2 Serum Vs Zenbiotic Oxygen Replenish Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 7:21 am      Reply with quote
Over the past few weeks, I have become absolutely addicted to PSF's O2 serum. Since this product is pretty pricey and comes in a small bottle, it's definitely an expensive * spam alert *. Needless to say, when I saw that Zebiotics sells an O2 serum for only $14, I HAD to try it. Thus begins the great O2 serum experiment. I will try the one from Zenbiotics (already have it on its way to me...) and then come back and let you guys know what the difference is. In the meantime, has anybody else either tried both of these, OR just the Zenbiotics version?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:00 am      Reply with quote
What are the ingredients on the Zenbiotics, some of the O2 serums are simply peroxides.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:10 am      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients:

Oxygen Detoxifier

Ingredients:
Pure, highly charged mineralized water, contains electrolytes

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:23 am      Reply with quote
zenbiotics sounds more like a water spritzer... then again, I always wonder why I spent so much on a bottle of "water" with my PSF o2 serum. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Liz, just a suggestion. Could you use the PSF on half of your face and the Zenbiotics on the other half? I am doing this with the Proheal serum and think it is a great way to compare products or see if something is working! I tried to get someone to do this with the RareMinerals but no one seemed willing. I won't mind if you don't do it this way but thought I would ask anyway. Wink
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I think that's a good idea, Theresa! I'll try it, and then let you guys know what happens...^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Liz!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
My thanks as well, Liz! I'm looking forward to your review and comparison of both...
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Great idea! I Loved the PSF 02 serum but could not justify the cost! I can't wait to hear your results. Very Happy
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
This is awesome, Liz! I love the PSF 02 serum, but honestly if this other stuff does the same for $14.00...really hard to ignore that! Smile

Can't wait to hear your findings!

Mary
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Well, no update for you guys yet... (The Zenbiotics one isn't even here yet) but in the meantime, I have a comment about the PSF O2 serum! The other day I got a doozy of a paper cut on my palm. It was awful, and it wouldn't heal up properly because I kept tearing it back open doing housework, etc. WELL! I remembered that someone (candy maybe?) said here on the forum that the O2 serum is good for paper cuts, so one night before bed I spritzed some on the cut. I woke up the next morning and it was completely healed up!! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:44 am      Reply with quote
Yes the biggest effect I've seen with the O2 serum and the reason I'm never without it is that it has amazing healing powers at least for my skin. When I overpeel it heals the redness is a day and once when I was on a trip I got a big red pump on my forehead and in literaly one day it was healed with several applications of this serum.
loulan
5% products discount

Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
This goes to my must have list.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Another quick update: I sure hope I like this Oxygen Serum because Zebiotic really knows how to treat its customers!!

I'll explain: My Oxygen serum from Zenbiotic came in today. Now, the PSF O2 serum I get comes in a 1 oz bottle, and the Zenbiotic Serum comes in a 2 oz bottle, so it really is TONS cheaper. But, I reached into my box and pulled out what looked like a 1 oz bottle. I thought that was weird, but it's still tons cheaper, so I didn't sweat it. Then I took a closer look--- it wasn't my O2 serum, it was a 1 oz size HUGE sampler of their OxyToner skin prep, YAY!!! I had totally been wanting to try it--- it has a great list of ingredients! Not only that, but they also included a 1 oz sampler of their face and body cleanser, and of course, my HUGE 2 oz bottle of the O2 serum. What a nice surprise!!

So, let the great O2 serum experiment commence! I'll update in a week or so!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
I'm very interested in the psf o2 serum that you mentioned before and now after reading all this about it, its definitely on my must have list. However I'm going to hold off getting it until I hear the results of your experiment.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
I had meant to post this sooner, but was having computer problems...regarding the PSF O2..my daughter was in a car accident a couple of months ago; she was a passenger in front seat and the airbag went off in her face! It left her face burned and raw with alot of red scrapes. I used a gentle cleanser on her face and just the O2 serum and within a week her skin was back to normal...actually better than normal---she's usually acne-prone and her skin looked even better than before Smile
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
where do you get the zenbiotic products. can you please give me the link to be able to order this stuff....it sounds too good to be true at that price Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Here's their homepage:
http://www.zenbiotic.com/

HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:27 am      Reply with quote
Their products sound great. Where did you find them? Was this line recommended to you or did you just come across it?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I know, their products DO sound really great, huh? I'll definitely be including reviews later of the face wash and toner samples they included for me. I first heard about this brand only recently, in this thread by happyhippie:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=13360

I'm definitely glad I found it, tho!^-^

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:17 am      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz, I can't wait to see what you think of it, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works as good as the oxygen spray. I've had samples of it and I love it, but I haven't got the full bottle yet. I want it soooooooooooo bad. I hope the zenbiotics will be just as good, (I'd settle for almost as good Laughing )
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Manslayerliz, I can't wait any longer, Laughing what do you think of the oxygen spray?
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:00 am      Reply with quote
razinkane wrote:
Manslayerliz, I can't wait any longer, Laughing what do you think of the oxygen spray?

lol Laughing I've been keeping an eager eye on this too!
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
Me too, me too... Laughing
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:27 am      Reply with quote
Ohhhh the peer pressure!!! OK, well, while I will continue my experiment for another week or so just to get a good "scientific" analysis, I'll go ahead and share my preliminary "findings":

First, the packaging: Very similar. PSF comes in a 1 oz blue glass spray bottle, Zenbiotic comes in a 2 oz blue plastic spray bottle. The mist from the Zenbiotic bottle is a bit finer than the mist from the PSF bottle, making it more suitable for say, a mid-day pick-me-up, but otherwise the two are identical.

Next, smell and texture: Pretty much exactly the same. Scent is very similar (almost nonexistent in both cases, tho maybe PSF's smell is a the slightest bit more noticeable), texture for both is like water, and both are VERY soothing going on.

Finally, results: Like I said before, both of these products are very soothing going on. LOVE applying them after an aspirin mask or Green Apple peel. They are both good at reducing redness, although I have to say in all honesty that the PSF serum is slightly more effective at reducing the redness as it seems to work just a little faster. As for keeping acne and bumps away, both work quite well (my skin looks pretty good all over), although again I would have to say that the side where I was using PSF looks SLIGHTLY better.

I also have a confession to make--- right where my nose meets my face there was a clogged pore that I tried unsuccessfully to extract, and it turned into a bleeding, oozing, mess. (Some of you guys know what I'm talking about...) Well, at this point I was so desperate for it to heal that I used BOTH O2 serums on it at once. It healed up pretty quickly (yay!!!), but unfortunately I can't say if the healing was due to one serum, or to both, so further experimentation will be necessary. Also I topped off the O2 serums with Juice Beauty Blemish Serum, so that could have also figured into the equation...

SO, like I said, I will continue with my tests and update as I have more to report. In the meantime, here's my early verdict: Because the PSF O2 serum seems to be a bit stronger and slightly more effective, I will keep buying it to use it on rashes, big break outs, major redness, etc. But, since the Zenbiotic O2 serum seems to work reasonably well and is priced so nicely, I will also continue to buy it and use it for basic skin "maintenance" so I won't have to buy the pricey PSF version as often.

If anyone takes the plunge and tries the Zenbiotic version, please add your two cents! I'll keep the updates coming...

Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |