Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

For those who've had BOTOX
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm seriously considering getting botox on my forehead 11's and maybe under my eyes where I have deep crows feet when I smile, if they can inject botox there.

I'm just curious how many injections they usually do on each area and approximately what is a good price to pay?

Did you have it done at a Dr.s office or spa?

Also, how long did your results last?

What else should I know?
phredd4
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I get Botox for my crows feet. I get 5 injections around each eye and the price is usually $325-375 USD (both sides are considered one area). I say "usually" because the dermatologist office where I receive the botox gets it at different prices depending on how much they buy so the patients get to benefit from that. They would probably reduce the price even further if you got multiple areas done.

My botox usually lasts 4-5 months. They'll tell you not to bend over or lay down to sleep for a few hours after the injections and not to rub the area at all for the same time period. Apparently this is how it sometimes "spreads" to other unwanted areas.

I've never had any bruising or swelling nor has it ever really hurt because it's a very tiny needle. The part I hate most is when they ask you to wipe the area down with an alcohol saturated pad. I always cringe! Who wants drying alcohol around their eyes?

Some people do seem to get headaches from Botox but I never have.

In my experience no skin care product can even come close to the results seen with Botox.

Try it once and see if it's for you and if you do let us know the results!
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:30 am      Reply with quote
I initially got botox for headaches & was shocked at the results on my forehead lines. My face always snapped into this "scowl" position even though I"m a happy, content person. Strong light bothers my eyes so I was squinting too. The botox was to relax my face & it sure did. No more headaches. No more lines. Awesome. It will be a year this summer.
The first injections were about $350 CDN and lasted the better part of 3 months. Now I can pop into the doctor's office once a month or so to "fill up" and it's never more than $75. Often it's been around $50. And no bruising, no pain - just a pick.
I agree that there is absolutely nothing in skincare that can top this. At least nothing wrinkle preventing or erasing - I still want to keep up to date on making my skin tone, etc the best it can be.
I am starting to get impatient, however, waiting for the needle, pill, whatever that will suck up my jowls Laughing .
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I get them in my glabeller (11's) area. My doc is at a med/spa and he does it, not the techs (although they can). It's about $175.00 when they are running the special there w/ a microdermabrasion and that's when I do it. Been going about 3-4 years and so I only have to have it done about every 8-10 months now, it lasts longer and I have smaller amounts each time since the very first time I went. I swear it took 5 yrs. off my face to no longer squint like that and the wrinkles are gone or at least so smoothed out you don't see them. For the eye area it was 325.00-350.00 quoted, but I have not had them done. I also get a tiny bit injected into my mouth muscles at my jaw line to relax them. It reduces marionette lines and stops me from chewing the inside of my lip. I love the results and nothing beats it.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I get my forehead and the space between my nose done at a skin clinic. It costs about $420.00, sometimes less-she never runs specials, although I wish she did!!!! I had it done in Feb, and am due for another injection now. I agree, this really does take years off your face!
cloe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for responding everyone! Now I REALLY want to have this done. I'm just bummed that it costs so much, especially considering it's an ongoing treatment. I'll have to save up my money. Maybe I'll have enough saved by the time my bottle of Browtox is empty. Laughing

Quote:
My face always snapped into this "scowl" position even though I"m a happy, content person. Strong light bothers my eyes so I was squinting too.

This is me! I have sensitive eyes and I'm always squinting. I'm a very happy person too, I smile all the time but when my face relaxes I look mad. Mad Sometimes perfect strangers will tell me to cheer up and I just laugh. If only they knew how happy I am. Very Happy

You answered all of my questions. Thank you!
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, I'm a squinter too.

This point about relaxing the squint always worried me about Botox. I mean doesn't squinting protect your eyes. Now your eyes are wide open to damage from strong light.

Don't your eyes hurt?!

Just wondered, Molly Wink
RuthMarion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:45 am      Reply with quote
I can still squint with the botox - just like your eyes are still able to close to sleep. I wear good sunglasses to prevent eye damage as well. Maybe it's that I have "just the right amount" of botox because I can still frown, raise my forehead and squint yet the lines & wrinkles made by these movements are gone. I understand where you're coming from though since some people can hardly show any expression (Priscilla Presley, for example). If you are concerned about the price, you could start gradually. I also squinch my lips & tried a little botox there to relax my mouth. Although I could tell it might work, I didn't like the feeling.
Anyone is smart to do this kind of research instead of just reading some pamphlets. You just need to stand your ground if the doctor tries to sell you on more - the more that they inject, the more money they make. You can always add but you need to wait a few months till "too much" goes away.
You will love it.....it's unbelievable...!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I can still make all movements, it just helps when I am really tired. I tend to squint or my hubby will ask if I have a headache. People tell me I look more relaxed.
Gayle
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:53 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I get them in my glabeller (11's) area. My doc is at a med/spa and he does it, not the techs (although they can). It's about $175.00 when they are running the special there w/ a microdermabrasion and that's when I do it. Been going about 3-4 years and so I only have to have it done about every 8-10 months now, it lasts longer and I have smaller amounts each time since the very first time I went. I swear it took 5 yrs. off my face to no longer squint like that and the wrinkles are gone or at least so smoothed out you don't see them. For the eye area it was 325.00-350.00 quoted, but I have not had them done. I also get a tiny bit injected into my mouth muscles at my jaw line to relax them. It reduces marionette lines and stops me from chewing the inside of my lip. I love the results and nothing beats it.

Wow....what part of the country do you live? I sure as heck wouldn't mind paying $175 every 6 months or so! Those kinds of specials I could live with Very Happy And with a micro-derm, you hit the jackpot!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:55 am      Reply with quote
I live in Texas, near Austin, so my med/spa is in South Austin. Matter of fact, I just called them this morning to see when the next special will be run! They also do specials on restylane as well from time to time.
nicky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Hi AnnieR, just wondering, I am considering Botox and the Transform clinc near me is doing a special of botox and microdermabrasion for £200, they told me that it is a nurse that does the injecting, do u think it should be a Doctor that does it or are these nurses capable if they are well trained??? Also what do u think of the microdermabrasion? is ur skin left sore or red (i tried home crystals once and my skin was sore - i know at the clinci this is like a sandblasting technique though). Transform has clinics all over the UK and i think are quite reptuable. Just wondering what ur thoughts are on this.

Thanks

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:26 am      Reply with quote
The nurse does them for me sometimes when the doc is booked. Since he trained her, the results seem to be the same. I don't get the micros anymore because my skin was too dry and my rosacea flared up. You can ask for a gentle setting to start and it should not leave it sore or red. I've had 6-7 of them and I do love how they make my skin feel and look afterwards.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:37 am      Reply with quote
There was a really good article about Botox in the Sunday Times last Sunday. This link should work if not (sometimes restricted due to teh way they do their free/paid for archiving) type into google.co.uk botox + sunday times

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,18030-2260873,00.html
lily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm just curious about when they do botox for the 1 1's. Where do they do the injecting for that? Is it in just that area or do they need to inject in the whole forehead area for that?

Did anyone get headaches from botox?
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:17 am      Reply with quote
This type of treatment is getting so popular...we now have a walk in type store in our local mall!

You can go in on your lunchbreak and get botox just by a quick trip to the mall.
Of course, I'd have to stop by Cinnabon while I was there too!
Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Nicky1 - If you go for it with Transform - could you let me know how you go? Thanks!

(I've heard its good for tension headaches but the dropy eyebrows/plastacine head thing sacres me!LOL!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
For the forehead 11's I get 3 injections, one in the middle between my eyebrows and 1 on the middle of each eyebrow right above the arch. I know that different injectors can put them in other places depending upon your muscles. I also get them in my lower jaw muscles to relax my mouth and keep me from chewing the inside of my lip. My son is going to a neurologist in a few weeks who will inject them into his lower back jaw and neck muscles to relax the jaw and retrain the muscle there to stop his bruxism (molar grinding) as he is wearing down his back teeth. It's amazing what it can do.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:04 am      Reply with quote
For anyone concerned about droopy eyelids with botox ... it can be fixed. They actually do an eyebrow lift with it. My only "must" having anything like that done is to go to a doctor and have it in a clinical situation. I had a terrible laser experience years ago & I promised myself then that I would only go to a reputable md who specializes in whatever I am about to try (which is really not that much - I would never let them cut or do anything invasive). And I wouldn't look for bargains or home parties.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:12 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |