Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Help for fine lines without exacerbating puffiness?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:19 pm      Reply with quote
Okay. So, I think I have got the puffy/bagginess in my eyes reduced thanks to the Juvena Juvedicial eye serum. Fabulous. Now I want to layer with something to help prevent and diminish the fine lines that are cropping up a bit.

I had one recommendation for Osea eyes and lips cream, but want to fish for more suggestions.

It seems like this would be in the archives, but I didn't really find a comprehensive post that covered this.

Thanks, ladies!
Shawna Smile
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
For the fine lines, I would think a retinol eye product might be best - or a general 0.5% retinol product maybe? It's hard around your eyes as I find laying too much or using too many products around your eyes will cause puffiness sometimes, and I only have the one cream myself to try and do everything since when I have tried a serum cream combo etc, it hasn't helped at all (although I don't have probs with dark circles or puffiness much - only when I have allergies Cool ).

I think a few members use a retinol treatment around their eyes for fine lines, perhaps even a Vit C eyecream or eyegel might suffice too.

Also, I did use alphaderm around my orbital bone for a few days when I stayed with my mum and noticed that it smoothed my fine lines really, really well, but the effect wore off when I stopped using it - was only temporary.

HTHs Very Happy
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Melissa!

Do you plan on continuing with the alphaderm at some point?

Also, would a retinol be okay for sensitive skin?

Thanks!
Shawna Smile
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
I will get the alphaderma or similar one day. Right now I don't really need it, my lines are really only seen when I'm tired, allergic or when I look really hard, and I just want to concentrate on gettng my skin looking nice wih a more natural and simple routine.

ummmmm re the retinol, I'm kinda outta my depth here, but I think some people with sensitive skin might react to it, but overall small %'s of retinol are fairly well tolerated. I think if your following it up with your other cream, it might combat any dryness etc, but, ladies, feel free to correct me. Confused

I'm sure someone will be able to help you out better than I, they're a pretty knowledgable and helpful bunch here! Very Happy
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again, Melissa.

Yeah, my fine lines aren't really noticable yet but I can see them cropping up a bit! The Juvedicial eye serum that I use isn't really moisturizing, so I doubt it would supply that in conjunction with a retinol.

Smile
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:46 pm      Reply with quote
Crazy. I thought there would be tons of replies! Smile
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Bumping the thread up a touch for you Shawna Wink

I thought you'd have more of a response too, and I've been watching this thread to see what others would recommend. You're probably best to do a search if no-one else replies as maybe eveyone sick of posting about eye-creams (there has been a few threads of late).
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I wish I knew such a cream! Laughing

Nothing so far has helped with the fine lines underneath my eyes. I have some Valmont Eye Cream, which I'm due to use when my current one has run out. Hoping that will make a difference.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:58 am      Reply with quote
Shawna, I have been using Cellcosmet Eye Cream and it has done a great job at reducing the fine lines under my eyes. I don't know if it is working so well because it is hydrating my skin properly or for some other reason but I have been using it for two weeks with great results.

BTW I was reluctant to post on this because while the Cellcosmet has done wonders for my fine lines I do not have any issues with bags/puffiness so I don't know if the Cellcosment would be appropriate for those conditions.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:06 am      Reply with quote
I tried the MD Formulations Vit A Plus for the lines, it made my eyes worse. I gave it away and am back to using the IS Clinical eye complex. Not greasy, light with enough moisture.
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, ladies! Now for some trial and error...
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
Thanks again, Melissa.

Yeah, my fine lines aren't really noticable yet but I can see them cropping up a bit! The Juvedicial eye serum that I use isn't really moisturizing, so I doubt it would supply that in conjunction with a retinol.

Smile

Shawna have you considered using the Juvena Eye Cream? I would tend to think that the eye cream that is in the same line would work very well. Most likely the eye cream has a lot of the same ingredients yet moisture to compliment the gel.
vpmiyu
5% products discount

Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am 29 and have one fine line on the orbital area of my right eye (from a chemical accident!) and very faint crepey-ness on the left. I have used ROC retinol eye cream with some success, which also reduced puffiness. The problem is that after awhile as the main wrinkle faded a bit it seemed to have been re-distributed all around... overall the area looks more dry and crepey than it did before. I think it is due to the de-puffing as well because the puffiness also stretches out the skin.

So now I am continuing my retinol product to reduce wrinkles, but adding a Vitamin C/Collagen serum (isadermix) on top, followed by Kinerase to instantly reduce the lines and moisturize. At night I add a really rich cream (Shiseido Benefiance eye cream) which can give milia but I use it as sparingly as possible. We will see how this approach works out because I don't think there is one product that can do everything...

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |