Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

La Mer Refining facial Review
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Trish
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I bought about a month ago the refining facial and i'm using it sparingly because it's expensinve and it just so wonderful, I don't want to waste it.
It comes in a generous size, i bought for what it normally cost at Duty Free while going to Europe.
It has crushed diamond powder or something like that and when you wash your face it has an incredible glow and your face looks like you have star dust on it!!!!!!!!! I don't put foundation on after I use it, just a moisturizer, some concealer and blush and of course mascara because it looks so good!
Trish

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of this a year or so ago, and it really is good. Leaves your skin feeling very soft and smooth. Pity about the price, though.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm a big CDLM fan and got a sample of this product awhile ago. I wasn't crazy about it simply coz I couldn't get that damned diamond dust off my face no matter how much I rinsed Sad

Anya
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I did a review on this somewhere on here... the getting the diamond dust off drives me insane too so I hardly ever use it.

I always used to use it under the shower but then one day I simply washed my face, spritzed with mineral water so it was nice and moist and then gentle scrubbed.. then I let it "sit" for 5 mins (well, it is also a mask) and then proceded to wash it off (and used a cleanser).

My skin looked lovely.. much nicer than just scrubbing with it under the shower. Every so often I pull this out and give it a whirl.

5% products discount

Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
god i don't think i would want to put diamond ANYTHING on my face diamonds hardest subsstance on earth what kind of damage can it do to skin????? Neutral Neutral Neutral Neutral
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:46 am      Reply with quote
This stuff is amazing. I had a free trial size a few years ago. Too bad the price is so prohibitive.

Perhaps I will scour the net to see if there are any "deals" on this.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 1:06 pm      Reply with quote
I used a few samples of this, it is a lovely exfoliator. I didn't find it overly harsh and found it worked really well with oily/combination skin. Only thing I found is as mentioned, it's hard to wash off the diamond flecks afterwards and you really have to make sure you wash your face thoroughly after.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
I was just planning to do a review of this but I found this older one to add to.

Firstly, I was rather disappointed at the lack of "grit" and the strange after smell of the product once it dried on my skin - smelt like dried spit! But I like how it dries to a clay mask consistency and actually rinses clean (apart from the tiny shimmers) and despite its lack of physical exfoliating action, my skin is actually a lot smoother the next day for some reason - but on the dry/taut side too, perhaps there are some chemical exfoliants in the product?

As for the price, I don't think I would repurchase based on its effects, there are far better products out there.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
DIAMOND DUST?!! Is there a good reason they put that in there or is that just to up the price?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I doubt it is natural diamond, probably something like cubic zirconia or some cheap man made synthetic waste by product of jewelery making :P
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
My SO said they can get diamond dust for pretty cheap. They use diamonds that are useless (ie. no clarity) for saws and stuff.

I guess they use it for exfoliation, but ouch!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of this years ago and absolutely loved it. Back then, it was the best and most effective exfoliator I'd tried.

Nowadays, however, I swear by Epidermx. It blows everything else I've used out of the water. Fantastic stuff, and much, much cheaper than La Mer.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I am glad some of you like it. I tried this and didn't like it at all. First of all it felt so rough on my face it made me wonder if I could pick up some 0.01 ct diamonds or something like that in it. Well, I admit that my face is sensitive and I am generally very gentle to it. But I can use some other exfoliators just fine. Then there are these tiny shiny bits left on my face after using it. Diamonds or not, I don't like them on my face. I didn't like the smell either.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:19 pm      Reply with quote
Nowadays, however, I swear by Epidermx. It blows everything else I've used out of the water. Fantastic stuff, and much, much cheaper than La Mer.[/quote]

Thanks for a cheaper more effective alternative!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
if you want similar scrubs, just mix some typical microdermabrasion type of scrub with a softer clay mask.

e.g. Dr Brandt microdermabrasion in a jar (ok, it's pretty expensive though..), or L'oreal microrefinisher. I mix it with Chanel masque purete express (which bytheway is the best gentle green clay mask i've used that is effective and even contains some salicylic acid). A cheaper version of the chanel is the Perfect potion green tea mask which is quite a nice basic green clay mask minus the salicylic acid.

Often I just mix in those uncoated aspirin (the infamous MUA aspirin mask..) with green clay masks and add a drop or two of water. Wait for it to dry, then hop into shower, massage face with slightly damp hands to get extra exfoliation. Rinse. Cheap and effective.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I'm a big CDLM fan and got a sample of this product awhile ago. I wasn't crazy about it simply coz I couldn't get that damned diamond dust off my face no matter how much I rinsed Sad

Anya

I had the same problem as well. Confused Although the product was good, I have found quite a few more effective & less expensive products out there.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
zumlya wrote:
My SO said they can get diamond dust for pretty cheap. They use diamonds that are useless (ie. no clarity) for saws and stuff.

I guess they use it for exfoliation, but ouch!

They also use diamond dust for drill bits in dentist drills....
I would think they are a bit too abrasive for the skin- but most people seem to love this product.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
i didn't find it more abarasive than any of the microdermabrasion scrubs in the market. In fact probably because of the clay base, it didn't seem abarasive at all.
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
sparkle wrote:
i didn't find it more abarasive than any of the microdermabrasion scrubs in the market. In fact probably because of the clay base, it didn't seem abarasive at all.

Thats good to know- I use St Ive's medicated apricot facial scrub and don't find it too abrasive, but I know some EDS members would gasp at the thought of using crushed apricot pits on their face.
I'm afraid to ask the price of this stuff!
rebeccaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
It's a good exfoliate, but not worth the price
marie7927
5% products discount

Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
During SAKS FF,it will be a nice price,one tube for one year. The diamond something, just make me feel good Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |