Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Caudalie Grape Water
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
When I first ordered the product I had expected it to be in some sort of spray diffuser like PSF's R&R toner or something. But it actually comes in a long tube with an atomiser - much like female deoderant bottles!

Well what can I say... This is a simple product, 100% pure grape water. So I wasn't expecting it to have any effects on my skin apart from being a simple refreshing spray for the skin and face before I apply any products.

It is a luxury product because it serves no other purpose except for pure indulgence. At about $20USD for a 125ml bottle, not something I would repurchase but rather something special I wanted to try.

As described by a MUA reviewer, it smells like brown sugar water. It doesn't TASTE of anything really, not like grape juice hehehe. But I noticed that once the product had dried and transferred onto clothing, it really DOES smell like brown sugar water and honey!

I spray some onto my face before I apply any serums or oils because it provides much needed hydration. Doesn't leave any sticky residue at all.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to try this! I love the idea of an all-purpose toner/makeup setting spray/refresher spray. I've got Caudalie Beauty Elixer, but to be quite honest I feel like it's kind-of irritating my skin, so I'm looking forward to trying the grape water.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
I've got Caudalie Beauty Elixer, but to be quite honest I feel like it's kind-of irritating my skin.

I think it's kind of irritating my skin too. The radiance serum and the moisturizer for oily skin also kind of irritating too.
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I put a can of the grape water in with my order yesterday! yay! sounds nice. I lurve spritzers.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm getting the grapewater in a few days time...got the small size of this and a small size of one of their cleansers, amongst other things I "really" need Rolling Eyes Laughing Need some travel sized products for weekend trips, so I don't need to lugg 5kgs of products with me everytime I go away...

am thinking of getting some small 5ml bottles just for travelling purposes...so I can decant what I want / need instead of full sizes... But came up with this brilliant idea this morning

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Regarding the skin sensitivity to Caudalie's products. I don't know if it is just ME and my problematic skin.. but if I spray a fine mist onto freshly washed face, right after a shower, it does sting a little for some reason.

I don't get this if I spray the PSF R&R toner, but I feel the same intensity of *sting* if I spray the DH Clarifyin toner BUT not the Concentrate which has even more alcohol in it... It's weird.

Also you guys have to find a way to apply this without letting half the mist fall onto the ground Rolling Eyes which tends to happen to me quite often because I'm not used to using atomised sprays.

I don't think the grape water itself can replace the other Caudalie products, so don't expect any miracles at all!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:01 am      Reply with quote
I had no problem with my Beauty Elixir (my small bottle is finished and I forgot to reorder it).. I used to try and get my body to catch the mist the missed my face ( Laughing ) because I found the fragrance really linged on fabric and smelled divine.

You could try spritzing into the palm of your hand and patting on the face. This is what I do with my PSF O2 Rescue Serum (way too expensive to let THAT spray the room)

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:47 am      Reply with quote
apparently there's a cult following for this grape water spray. after trying it, I understand. absolutely love it! keep wishing it had antioxidants or firming action or something truly helpful for my skin. maybe it does...b/c I could spray this on my face all day. love the smell and love the way it feels. and love the way the hair spray type cannister covers my face in one quick shot.

they say it can be used as a toner but I don't want to wipe it off so after toning, I spray then do another spray after moisturizing. let's see how long the can lasts using day and night...can't stop. they might as well charge my credit card $13 a month with automatic shipment!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've totally been enjoying this stuff!! I use it to moisten my face before I apply whatever oil I'm using that day, then I spritz again to set the oil. Love the smell, love how it feels. It's not irritating at all, which is a huge plus for me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 30, 2006 2:57 am      Reply with quote
love that honey sugar smell.... it's such a great addition to my skin uplifters.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
There's another cult floral/fruit water following.

I checked into style.com's 'item of the week' page, and there was a bottle of something that looked like an alcoholic beverage to me Rolling Eyes

It's one of those department store brands called Santa Maria Novella, and they do a range of handmade soaps, organic creams (similar to Fresh's) and luxury pampering products.

I'm such a sucker for these things...
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:06 am      Reply with quote
the look of the water bottle alone makes me want to try but it even has 17th century history. bring on the water Very Happy

wonder if there's alcohol in it if it aids in digestion (ie. old fashioned bitters) and eases motion sickness too...'elisir' same as elixir? hence the look of the alcoholic bottle...by george, i think I get it Exclamation
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:16 am      Reply with quote
okay my questions are answered. the bottle is so cute. it's only 25ml.
Santa Maria Novella Water
Acqua di Santa Maria Novella
This antique preparation, a 70% alcohol (by volume) and water solution was first made in 1614 by the Dominican friar Angiolo Marchissi. Originally called Anti Hysteria Water (Acqua Anti-isterica), it contains essential oils from plants known for their Relaxing and calming properties (Balsamita suavolens, spearmint, peppermint and Ceylon cinnamon). Used in the days when women wore tightly laced corsets causing hyperventilation and hysteria it produces a generally calming effect. One of Santa Maria Novellaís best-selling items, it also helps digestion after heavy meals and can be used to prevent motion sickness. For a calming effect or motion sickness: inhale directly from the bottle or mix 2 teaspoons in a half cup of water then sip. For indigestion: mix 2 teaspoons in a half cup of water then sip. Keep out of reach of children. www.lafcony.com
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:38 am      Reply with quote
I was initially really interested in trying this product, the MUA reviews sound ok too. However`Caudalie products seem to give me some sort of weird allergic reaction thing Embarassed & their scent is quite overpowering to me. I really wanted to try this product & some of the body scrubs but I will probably have to give a miss I think Confused
roadbee
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 02, 2006 4:57 am      Reply with quote
It might be something in their grape formulation making you react. The cannister lists only grape fruit water but the website says grape water enriched with moisturizing polysacharides and mineral salts. Personally I really don't find the smell overpowering. I use one spray shot that covers my face. It feels really nice and the scent does dissipate quickly. Which for me always leaves me wanting to spray on more an hour later.
The first step is admitting an * spam alert *...
glee
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:45 am      Reply with quote
I agree with Miranets. I don't see this as something I would re-order. My guess is, this product can replace... say... my evian spray... but that's pretty much it.
skodalady
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Love the grape harvest water. It serves the same purpose as other spritzers like Evian, but when I use this, it makes me happy. It the aromatherapy factor. I love the scent - brown sugar raisin.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
It sounds great!
Maybe I should have a try!
blaziamm
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
I started to use this one week before, and it really helps to release the dryness of skin.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I commented on this before but I HATE the scent of the Grape water. It reminds my of rasins which I like but I guess I just don't like to use skincare products that smell like food!! I actually threw this in the garbage after 3 or 4 uses........Rolling Eyes
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:28 am      Reply with quote
I've used a couple of cans of this after the reviews, although it's a nice product it doesn't actually 'do' anything for my skin. I wouldn't repurchase as it doesn't solve any of my skincare problems and like others I'm not overly keen on the smell.
kwchan1007
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
I love this product. It's great!!
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
i just got this today and was quite skeptic but hopeful that i would have some moisutrizing properties upon spraying. and it does!!! i'm very pleased. its great for if you alredy apply your makeup and have some flakes around excentuated by the foundation.. this spray fixes those!!! very very pleased. thanks for the reviews guys
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I love this water! It's so refreshing and very helpful when I feel my skin uncomfortable in the end of a work day. I too wish it had some vitamins on
twdollie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
it's a nice refreshing spray for sure, but it's really nothing special.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |