Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help - Is this normal?!?! (TCA Peel ?)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kitten03

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
Hey I did a TCA peel on Saturday night-- this was my first one and it was a 12.5% cause I read that you should start low. I did one level peel on the majority of my face but in one area I have these larger black spots from acne that healed dark and so I did a two layer peel... the first layer was on for 5 minutes and then I applied the second layer for maybe 2-3 minutes before I noticed a portion of this area getting grey looking, so I immediately used the neutralizing solution in that area. I used neosporin on my skin afterwards and this area went from grey to a greyish brown (I'm AA) and now it looks almost like a bruise that's fading but it's starting to get very dry looking/scaly. No peeling though and I thought I was supposed to expect that to start today (the third day I think?). Does this sound normal or do I need to start looking for a dermatologist? I'm in the public a lot for my job so I've been putting makeup on even heavier than normal to cover this area (after I apply sunblock 45 SPF)... I know everything I've read says not to wear makeup for a week, but I CAN'T go out in public with out it because my job is sales/marketing oriented...

Anyway, hoping someone can tell me if this is something I should be worried about or not? The other areas of my face feel slightly dry and scaly... almost like a very light sunburn but no discoloration or peeling...

Thanks.

Kitten03

P.S. Should I be using the hydraulic moisturizing stuff now? I read not to use moisturizer but I don't know if this counted...
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hello Kitten

I'm sorry I never did a peel before, but I can see this is an SOS cry. Unfortunately most users seem to be USA/Canada based so they're all in bed now, but I'm sure someone will answer you eventually.

You might want to ask here too; there's a specific acid board where they're pretty knowledgable. www.theskincareboard.com

I don't think you should be using ordinary make-up or moisturiser or chemical sunscreen actually from what I've read before. You're skin barrier is seriously erroded after a peel and you could make things worse.

From what I've read, but this is only second hand experience, you should use natural moisturisers, e.g. Hyalauric acid (in itself not moisturising but a humectant - pulls moisture into itself) with emu oil or similar. Mineral makeup was designed for post surgery situations so that should be a better option both for makeup and sun protection (e.g. Jane Iredale).

Sorry you're in a fix.
Molly
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
in case you haven't seen this page:
http://www.platinumskincare.com/tca-acid-peel.htm

It has some helpful info as to what you can and can't do post-TCA peel. It also notes that you should factor in 1 week for recovery time (probably because of no makeup allowed).

Neosporin sounds right. It also says Emu oil is okay, in fact, recommended for constant hydration. HTH
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
The area that turned grey probably "frosted" and this is common with TCA peels when you do more than one layer. It means that this area will peel. The parts that did not turn grey/frosted might flake but it is really individual. Your skin should look drier, leathery and tight about one to three days afterwards. If you have wrinkles and dark spots they will appear more noticeable before the skin peels or flakes. This is normal. I reacted the same way when I first did my first TCA (also 12.5%) but it peeled off and looked a lot better afterwards.

I didn't use any creams at all for the first 2 days after the peel because I wanted to speed up the peeling process but as soon as I started to peel I used creams and Emu oil. Really any pure non iritating oil will do though. Almond oil, Emu oil, Jojoba oil, even Olive oil works. Also, if you go outside always wear sunscreen. I found out the hard way when I forgot sunscreen and I thought that my face was on fire! It burned like mad, turned red and I ended up with spots. Always use sunscreen from now on (if you haven't in the past).

With TCA I have noticed that the real benefits are noticeable a few weeks after a peel when collagen has built up and the skin is smoother looking.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |