Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Hometown Needs Your Help! Casper's Mum Needs Your Help!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Caspers Mum

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
This post shall only be posted for a day or two, but I sincerely beg all of you to cast a vote between now, and 7:00pm (Pacific Standard Time). Why?

I want my hometown of Smithers, British Columbia to win a national competition for the title of Hockeyville, Canada.

There has been a national competition, sponsored by Kraft Foods and the Canadian National Broadcasting Company. It's been going for a few months, and Smithers, BC has reached the finals ... the Top-25 in Canada (out of hundreds).

The prize? The winning community is awarded $50,000 in arena upgrades from the Home Depot, $10,000 in donations of sports equipment for needy kids, and ... a professional, NHL hockey exhibition game in their home arena.

Cool. Smithers [i]definitely
needs a new arena! It is an old, converted airline hanger, and has served the town for over 50 years. My Dad helped build the arena in Smithers. I skated many hours in that rink. My younger brothers learned to skate, and play hockey in that rink! My friends and family members learned to & competed-in precision and figure skating! Three blocks from my home in Smithers (the home that my parents still live in.) Chester, my old cat, used to follow me, nearly the three blocks to the arena, "meowing", as I'd walk to public skating .... until I'd turn-around, walk him home, and lock him in the house.

You get up to five votes, per e-mail address. I paid my time in Smithers. Please honor ME, and help award them the title of ":Hockeyville, Canada"! They need the funds to improvements to their 50+-year-old arena, and much more for the community!

You have until 7:00 p, (PST) to cast your vote (remember: five times!!!)
It would mean a lot to me. If not for me: for Chester; he was a good boy, and I loved him more than life. Part of me still misses Smithers:[[/i]

(Kindly note: Casper has been to Smithers, twice! Once, after a 14+ hour drive from Vancouver. THREE times, on Air Canada! Your Casper is a travelling diva-cat!)

Regardless of whether this is related to skincare or not, you know ME! I kindly, if not unabashedly ask for you to vote for Smithers, BC as "Hockeyville, Canada"!
http://www.cbchockeyville.ca/vote/

PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE! I beg all of you to vote on-line! The polls only run for the next 21 hours. Help my former community!

http://www.smithershockeyville.com/stories/

If you see Paul Roumieu: that is my Dad! He grew-up in Smithers, and moved our family there in 1981. I have lineage! If you can't place the familiar face/profile ... my Dad is the ref, at the LEFT of the photo!

VOTE FOR SMITHERS, wherever you are in the World! It will mean SO very much to me! Very Happy You're allowed five votes, per e-mail address. HELP ME! (ya never know: I might move back, marry, and raise children there!)

[url]http://www.smithershockeyville.com/[/url
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
I voted!

I've become very familiar with hockey this last season, and it's the only sport I can actually watch and understand!

Hope your town wins!
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
well after that sell how could anyone say no... we have 4 mail addresses between us at home, so I registered all 4 of them 5 times .. there's 20 votes for ya!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:02 pm      Reply with quote
I did it, I did it!!! You don't want to know how many e-mail addresses I could use. I have 3 siblings, 6 in-laws, 2 kids, 4 nephews, 7 nieces......

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
Smithers is well on it's way to becoming Hockeyville! Very Happy
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:04 am      Reply with quote
I voted too! Good luck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:36 am      Reply with quote
OMG after the 5th vote I had almost gone blind trying to read all the letters and numbers. I sincerely wish that Smithers wins the comp. Fingers crossed for you.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Multiple votes from me too Very Happy Hope you win Casper's Mum!

Anya
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:49 am      Reply with quote
Okay I found how to vote! Had to click the first link, not the second. Silly me. I'm voting 5 times. Hope you win!

Haha, I LOVE reason number 7! "Getting a front row seat at the Oscars is easier than getting ice time in our arena." Laughing

Oh the joy of trying to get ice time (I figure skate).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:02 am      Reply with quote
My votes are in!

Good Luck Caspers Mum and Smithers! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:11 am      Reply with quote
I voted. Good luck!
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Do you have to be canadian? Is it too late for me to vote?
razinkane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:33 am      Reply with quote
I went back. I had gone to the wrong link the first time, where the pictures were. I voted five times. Why the security code though? Are they afraid of voting fraud.
Anyway, good luck caspersmum.
bb2000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:21 am      Reply with quote
To Caspers Mum,

Just voted. Good luck to you.
Debra
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:43 am      Reply with quote
I voted and sent the link to a few friends in the U.S. who are hockey fans! Please keep us posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:16 am      Reply with quote
I voted!! Smile Good luck hun
jaz'smom

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:22 am      Reply with quote
Voted!
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
Okay 10 votes put in between 2 email address! I have a feeling Smithers is gonna win!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
Please let us know if Smithers wins Pray
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
15 votes from my 3 email addresses!!!
Good Luck!
Caspers Mum

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Okay, fingers are crossed that Smithers made it into the final ten competing communities. Voting ended last night, and are being tallied. I believe that the Top-10 will be announced on Friday, and the five judges on the panel will decide the winner of Hockeyville on Monday night.

Thanks for all your helpful votes! Smithers is very small, with only about 6,000 residents. A very tight-knit community, and everyone supports one-another. The beauty of living in a small town: you are recognized for your efforts, and people stand-behind you Very Happy

I am clipping/pasting the article from yesterday's Interior News, Smithers' weekly newspaper. www.interior-news.com I will be certain to let you all know things pan-out, but send some positive vibes for Smithers. Go, Smithers, go!

Will Smithers be Hockeyville?

By Todd Hamilton
Jun 08 2006

It all comes down to how Canada votes.

Last night, the Smithers bid entered the home stretch in the Kraft Hockeyville on CBC contest in the first of the final three episodes of the reality show with the airing of Monty Bassett’s one-minute video.

However, the hopes, dreams and hard work of the past five months for hundreds of people in the Bulkley Valley will be decided this weekend by the nation.

“I’m feeling good,” Matt Davey said Saturday as he boarded a plane at the Smithers airport bound for Hamilton, Ont., where the final three shows of the series will be taped.

Davey and Tom Harwood, the two lead organizers for the Smithers Hockeyville bid and the town’s representatives on the CBC television show, each said they are confident that what Smithers has done has given the Bulkley Valley bid a fighting chance.

“It’s gonna come down to getting out the vote,” Davey said. “But we’ve led this thing all the way through... we have a real shot to win this.”

Voting began last night to determine the Top 10 communities following the broadcast to the Atlantic region of Canada. Voting can be done by telephone, cell phone and e-mail. Each e-mail address and phone number in Canada has five opportunites to dial in or e-mail.

“When you phone or e-mail you are then allowed to vote for two different communities,” Kelly Scissons, CBC community coordinator, said. “You must confirm your votes before hanging up the phone or exiting the web or your vote won’t count.”

VOTING from Page A1

To vote for Smithers into the Top 10, dial 1-888-459-2006 or log on towww.cbchockeyville.ca, pick the Pacific region, choose Smithers and confirm your vote.

Each phone number or e-mail address will be allowed to vote to a maximum of five times.

Voting began last night for the Top 10 and ends tonight at 8:59 p.m. PDT.

On June 9, Canada will once again vote to decide the one community to win the title of Kraft Hockeyville 2006

Each phone number and e-mail address will get five chances to vote.

An endorsement and get out the vote e-mail campaign started by the Smithers Hockeyville committee is paying off.

Endorsement letters have come from every corner of the globe including: Uganda, Qatar, Switzerland, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, Cuba, Scotland, England Sweden, Germany, Denmark and Vietnam, as well as hundreds from the United States.

Because the contest features communities large and small, Davey said he believed the voting will be based on the entrants’ population as opposed to how many total ballots are received.

“I haven’t heard [how the voting will work] officially yet but there has been some talk about larger urban areas being able to out-vote smaller towns,” said Davey. “We think it will work that if Smithers gets 5,000 votes and we’ve got a population of 5,000 then we get credit for 100 per cent of our community voting.”

Davey said he wants everyone in the Valley to take the time to vote in the contest — unlike the last federal election, where just over 60 per cent of eligible voters made their voices heard by casting a ballot.

“The provincial and federal elections are nothing compared to what we need to have for voter turnout,” he said. “If you’re ever going to vote, now’s the time. It’s something that will benefit the community for years to come and it’s important to Smithers.

We have no platform, it’s something we all agree on.”

Meanwhile, in other communities vying for the Hockeyville title, all stops have been pulled out.

In McBride, Mayor Mike Frazier has committed to living on the roof of the Village Office as long as the area remains in the competition.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:56 am      Reply with quote
congratulations!!!

i missed the first vote, but it seems Smithers got into the next round so we all get to vote another five times! voting ends Sunday.

go to it gals!

http://www.cbchockeyville.ca/vote/
stardust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:03 am      Reply with quote
My votes for Smithers are in. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |