Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
At what age did you start to show visible signs of aging?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 37 and I think it's probably been the last two years that I've started to notice more aging ... more pigmented spots showing up on my face, skin not looking as firm. Overall though, other than very fine lines under my eyes, I don't have any wrinkles developing yet. Hopefully I can hold them off alot longer! Smile
pumaka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
At 25-26 is when I started noticing *first* signs - uneven pigmentation, longer healing times, and fine lines under eyes(from smiling).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 14, 2006 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't noticed any on myself (I'm 25) - I tan easily but have been wearing lots of sunscreen these last 4-5 years. And good skin care the last 1.5 years.

My friend, on the other hand, is 24 and very light skin coloured - I didn't know her age for the longest time and thought she was at least in her later 20s, as she looked much much older than me. I notice it the most in her forehead - above the ends of the eyebrows on both sides. Pretty noticable creases.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
At forty-right after my hysterectomy (no hrt's), my skin started showing fine lines, broken caps, light wrinkling around eyes, etc in a hurry. Years of sunburns as a child and still out in the sun until forties w/o heavy sunscreen and not enough water. Started picking up the excercise heavier along with yoga, lots of water and vitamins, green tea, no smoking, (With the occasional margaritas and a glass of wine being the bad habit). Still, being thin/fair-skinned its hard to reverse years of damage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:29 am      Reply with quote
At forty-right after my hysterectomy (no hrt's), my skin started showing fine lines, broken caps, light wrinkling around eyes, etc in a hurry. Years of sunburns as a child and still out in the sun until forties w/o heavy sunscreen and not enough water. Started picking up the excercise heavier along with yoga, lots of water and vitamins, green tea, no smoking, (With the occasional margaritas and a glass of wine being the bad habit). Still, being thin/fair-skinned its hard to reverse years of damage.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 6:31 am      Reply with quote

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm 24, and have noticed some fine lines under my eyes, which has prompted me to start using eye creams and some other skincare products. Really, though, I still look younger than my age. I've been having trouble with my ID when I order or buy alcohol. I was 17 when the pic was taken, and I look so different now they think it's a fake! I once got into it with a cashier because she started grilling me about it-- and it's not like I was buying some Mad Dog 20/20 or anything, I had one bottle of white Michigan wine! But I guess that has more to do with me looking different than too young... oh nevermind! Very Happy
my sushi secret
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:07 am      Reply with quote
ha- i'm 23, and last year i had to show an ID at the movies twice! but now when i don't get carded at the bars i get paranoid that i'm starting to age. i stopped tanning two years ago and wear sunscreen everyday because it seems like people spend so much money on anti-aging products, that it'd be smart to start early. my friends make fun of me for worrying about wrinkles, but i know in 5 years i won't be crying about it like them.

is vitamin C serum a good thing to put on at night, or should i be using a night cream?
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
i'm 37 and...
Quote:
only sign of aging I can notice (and hate) is that the skin on my neck is not as tight as I would like it to be. I have no wrinkles whatsoever
ditto...

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I'm about to turn 30 and the only thing I notice is fine lines under my eyes. Although my co workers who are older than me think I am rediculous.

I still get carded everywhere I go and people don't believe its me. I have my mom to thank for that. When I was in middle school my mom took me to a dermatologist for my blackheads and I was given retin-A. And my mom started me on a skin care line. She always told me to moisturize! So I've been doing it for a long time. I will make sure I do the same for my daugther and slather my kids with sunscreen.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
Just this year- I'm 38. All of my life, people have thought I looked way younger than my age.... I was carded just 3 years ago at the liquor store. But in the past year, I have noticed alot more wrinkles on my face, just in general, and now I am greying quite quickly- although I am the only one who notices. Worse than that, I gained 50 lbs in the past 4 months and now I have a big belly and a double chin! Confused (But I am about to start excercising and I'm coming off of the medicaton that I believe put the weight on).

My advice would be: don't smoke and if you smoke marijuana - know that it, too will age you, perhaps even worse than cigarretes! Never ever tan, use sunscreen, excercise, water- but more importantly: ENJOY life, manage stress at all costs- do not let things get the better of you, develop a healthy attitude, if you have serious problems, get help at all costs- no matter what it takes.
And if you have an * spam alert *, try to stop, because addictions of any kind age a person.

I, myself- blame stress and * spam alert * for most of my ageing. I am trying to undue some of the dammage now- and get back to the old me by: I have a new counsellor who is really good, I am starting to exercise this week, I am trying to lose 50-60 lbs, and I'm going to start using AlphaDerma Ce and see if it will make a big difference to my skin. As well, I hope to try some of the DYO recepies on this forum.

If I had it to do again- I must say that I did start using a moisturizer at a very early age, and my tanning was only ever mild, but the marijuhana smoking I did every day for the past 6 years- that was my big mistake. It really aged me alot. I used to look alot younger than my age- now, I am coming up to meet my age! Shock

My advice would be not to do any drugs of any kind ever. And drink only moderately or light. If you want to smoke pot once in awhile, but if it becomes a habit- I'd say stop. Or you'll regret it like me. LEARN FROM OTHERS' MISTAKES!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
Andrea - Thanks for your honesty and great advice! I have a friend that smokes pot daily and he's 25 and looks much older than the rest of us (and we're 29/30's). I'm glad you're taking steps to improve your health...now if I can only get him to!
Andrea38
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Tamgirl99:
You're welcome! I hope your friend doesn't come out of his fog someday and look in the mirror and see and feel like an old man! I wish I had before and after pics - I'd send them to you for him. My upper eyelids are permanently swollen, I have alot more wrinkles than I would have had- although people
still think I am in my late 20's, not late 30's- which is a relief!
But what really matters is how I see myself, and I don't see myself the same as I used to. you see it happening when you are smoking, but you don't care.
By all means- let your friend read my posts!
Maybe it will get through to him. Exclamation

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:14 pm      Reply with quote
I think like a lot of things the effects of marijuana on your looks depend on genetics.

I smoked a ton of marijuana for a few years in college...I'm not looking too great these days but I can't say if that's from the marijuana, or the sun, or whatever...

I have other friends who smoked just as much as me and more and they are looking just fine. I also was friends with a 45-year-old hippie type woman who seriously looked like she was in her late 20s... beautiful skin and all that. She had been a daily pot smoker since the age of 16.

I'm not encouraging pot smoking (even though, hey, best days of my life Razz) and I'm sure it's not great for your skin, I'm just saying, all these things really do go back to genetics and your individual makeup.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:15 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |