Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Obagi
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I have used Obagi for 2 years and I love it! I leaves me with youthful skin and I do not have trouble with peeling anymore, I am 55 years old. I am amazed at how it helped radiated skin. (From cancer treatment) It has even helped my dark circles but I do need more help there.
sart48
5% products discount

Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I love Obagi too!!! In my first month and can really see the difference!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:28 am      Reply with quote
I saw the difference right away also. I do still get redness in my radiated areas but my wrinkles are so much smoother and my skin is very soft, this is not an easy thing to do on radiated skin. I know it is spendy but it last so long it really balances out the cost.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I have had amazing results with sun damage that I thought I was stuck with. I had spots galore! now bright, clear skin.
sart48
5% products discount

Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I really like what it has done to my neck too!! It is definitely firmer and the little poochy thing under my neck is too!!

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering how many people have used Obagi for more than two years and if they still see improvement or at least feel that it is still keeping their skin young? Has anyone quit after being on it for at least a year and seen any changes, good or bad?
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Terrific, what kind of a regimen are you using with Obagi? I'm about 14 weeks post, and am trying to figure out how to incorporate the obagi products in with some of my normal skincare products without nullifying the effects of the obagi treatments. Do you still use all of the products, cleanser, toner, clear, exfoderm, c-effectives, blender, sunfader, etc.? I have no problem using something forever if it's given me nice skin (which it has), but am trying to figure out just what "maintenance" is. Thanks
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well I stopped for about 6 weeks about 14 months into the program. When I was just starting to notice that my eyes were looking more wrinkled and puffy, I decided to go back on Obagi. My neck just seemed like the skin lost it's elasticness,so to speak,and was very wrinkled. In only 6 weeks! With-in a week of going back on Obagi, things started to improve. When I was off, I used a mix of products, but they were mostly Avon's upgraded line for 'older' skin. At that time I also used Prevage. I did not think it did anything. I used Avon all my life and always got compliments, so I was very happy it got even better with Obagi. Maybe something else would have worked, but the Obagi is what I tried. I still use the whole system, I use the retna A only 5 times a week, the rest I do twice a day as they tell you to do in the little pamplet that comes with it. My doctor said that there is no 'maintance' level that is right for any one person and I should experiment. So I did. It sure cost less to use at this level, Most of the products last at least 3 months for me. Just the Cleanser goes faster. Boy I even write a lot, can you tell I talk a lot also. hehe
Skinnysumo
5% products discount

Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have always noticed this product with interest and have been curious to find out what users think of it... Thanks!! *writes list of obagi products*
terrific
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 23, 2006 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I should point out that although I am only using Obagi at this point, I only use it for my face and neck. I have severe dark undereye circles and I have been using Glyquin for them. It is working so far. But it has only been 2 weeks. The Obagi Clear and other Obagi products helped my dark circles but not all that well. Glyquin seems to be working better and I am not having trouble with it and Obagi together. I will keep you all posted. Currently the Obagi products I use are Foaming Cleanser, Toner, Clear, Blender with Retina A, Healthy skin protection, and my favorite the eye cream and sometimes Clear and Tollereen. The last two I use for my neck. It reacts more because it received radiation years ago.
triry
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:27 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Obagi now for about two months and have seen some promising results. My face feels a lot smoother and my forehead has a better, even tone. I still have some dark spots in my cheeks that are results of terrible break outs. Overall, I am happy with the results and I intend to continue using it.
triry
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 16, 2006 1:37 am      Reply with quote
I use the Obagi blender at night with a tretinoin cream that my dermatologist recommended. I think the cream is what makes your skin peel because ever since I stopped using it (i ran out of it) my face doesn't peel anymore. Also, my face is not as red as before. I have noticed a big difference without the cream so I intend on purchasing the cream again.
Zanamer
5% products discount

Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:17 am      Reply with quote
I love Obagi! I've been using it for the last 5 months - my skin has seen a dramatic decrease in pore size and discoloration. The only problem is, now that I can actually "see" my skin (minus the acne), I need to get something for the fine lines that were once nicely camouflaged under it.....lol!
skinglow

Thu Aug 17, 2006 11:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi am new to this forum, was just wondering whether the obagi skin care that you guys are talking about will help out with the dark spots that I have , I am dark skinned , so if there is anyone who has some info on any product that will work please help me out. Will really appreciate it. Thanks.
sweetreat
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 18, 2006 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 5 weeks into my Obagi treatment now. When I first started off I was a bit depressed (thanks for everybody who encouraged me to keep going) because Obagi made me peel like crazy--not to mention the sun-burn-like redness, but it's totally paying off! All my friends noticed that my complexion has improved dramatically. My face feels baby smooth and my blemishes/acne scars/sun spots are all GONE!! Laughing

If there are *any* downside to this is that since I started using Obagi (only on my face), I've been really careful with sun exposure so my facial skin is actually much lighter than the rest of my body (the rest still got sun-kissed, but I made sure I had my Vichy SPF60 on).

It's definitely liberating now because even though I don't like to apply make up (especially full foundation), a little while ago I couldn't leave the house without spending 10 minutes touching up with concealer and sometimes full foundation.

On a side note, now that I have a better canvas to work with, I'm thinking about moving to mineral foundation instead because I no longer need the full coverage from stick or liquid foundation.

skinglow:

You may want to talk to a dermotalogist before using Obagi. Although, I think I have seen Obagi before/after photos online for dark skined patients. I have medium skin tone myself (most of the year) but now my facial skin is on the lighter side (which may be what I was born with but i'm not sure if the bleaching agent in Obagi contributed to that! Smile)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I think I'm giving up on Nu-Derm, it's been 4 months and it's just not agreeing with my skin.

I recently ordered replacement stuff that's unopened, so if any of you want it, PM me & I'll sell it cheap!

I have:
Foaming Gel Cleanser
Sunfader
Blender
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
i had used obagi and i thought it was a great product but i dont wanna use it all year round because it looks like it thins my skin. But i would say it is a great product.
MBell

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to the forum. I am going in on the 19th to get the full Obaji line. I have melasma on my cheeks and a few acne scars. I just tried the laser and I don't feel that it did anything. Hopefully I will see as many good results as you ladies. I am very excited!!!
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Obagi is really great product especially for older people. My mother who was 58 then used it and it really looked great on her skin. Makes her face more youthful. Unfortunately she has no money to maintain using it. Rolling Eyes
shanon25

Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 28 and want to start a good skincare regimen. I have an appointment Monday at a Dermalogist to get Obagi line.
Will it help w/ acne and fine lines? Please let me know. Thanks Shannon
Margot
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
I've now been on Obagi for 6 months and my skin looks fantastic. I recently had dinner with a friend and his mom, who also did Obagi and her skin looks amazing. I use Clear and Exfoderm about three times a week and Blender and Tretinoin twice a week. My skin peels plenty with just twice a week. It has definitely helped with fine lines and blemishes, although the latter look a lot worse before they look better. My husband used Retin A years ago for acne and had very little improvement. The main Obagi maintenance product I use is sunscreen - handfuls of it! But I suffered so much(redness, peeling in sheets, stinging), there's no way I'm going back to square one!
ASB

Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
I Just started Obagi this week. Im using it for sun damage and to make my skin look more even toned. How long does it take to see results and for how long do I need to do it? Can I still go to the beach with a sunblock wearing the Obagi products?
kellyz

Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I just started too and I'm already peeling quite a bit (kind of painful too). Can anyone tell me how long I have to look like this to enjoy the great results I've heard so much about? Should I keep applying as directed even thru the peeling phase? This stuff seems pretty strong, won't it continue to cause peeling for as long as it's being used? I'm such a flake.
noleRN
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 18, 2006 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I started using Obagi 3 weeks ago and already have people complementing me on how good my complexion looks, despite all the peeling. I think that you will continue to peel until you reach the maintenance phase somewhere around month 4. I have been breaking out severely around my mouth since I started using Obagi. They are not regular zits, but tiny red bumps and tiny whiteheads. Has anyone else had this happen? Should I continue to use? They last about 24-36 hours and then disappear. This happens about every 5-7 days.
Rebecstar1
5% products discount

Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:29 am      Reply with quote
Hello! 1st post! I actually found this forum while Google searching Obagi about 3 weeks ago. I started Obagi 3-4 days ago. I am starting to "flake" around my mouth and nose. I am so excited to see my new skin! Bring on the peeling. No pain no gain ... right??? Wink Wink Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |