Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Quick Curls - Babyliss Colour & Curls Hairdryer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
This hairdryer looks so good (even better than the 1950s raygun one - still in working order - that I inherited from my grandma) that you almost wouldn't care if it did a rubbish job.

Just look how pretty it is Laughing : http://www.babyliss.co.uk/jkcm/default.aspx?pg=2369

But, happily, its beauty isn't only skindeep. This gorgeous beastie is the answer to my curlyheaded prayers.

My hair is dry, flyaway, frizzy and kind of curly/wavy/kinky/straight all at once. Yes, my hair is the stuff of nightmares.

In an effort to cut down on frizz, I try and let it dry naturally whenever possible. Trouble is, this can take over 5 hours. Which is not too annoying if I'll be at home all day, but when going out of the house in the morning, I've previously had to get up at a ridiculously stupid hour to wash my hair.

The hairdryer has a radiant heat element and 2 speed settings. You can use it with or without the radiant heat. First setting is very gentle and the second much more blowy.

As the usual hairdryer blowing power makes my hair go crazy-afro-through-a-hedge-backwards-then-wet-fingers-stuck-in-an-electrical-socket, I try to avoid it like the plague. So, naturally, I shall only ever be using the lower setting, which gives a tiny, tiny little blow that doesn't really move your hair.

This morning, instead of the usual 5 hours, I was able to dry my hair almost completely in about 15 minutes. No frizz at all. For me, this is like some kind of miracle.

Now, because my hair condition is dry, I won't be using this hairdryer every time, but it really is fantastic for when I need to leave the house in a hurry. Probably best to make sure you use a good conditioning treatment to compensate for the heat dryer, especially if you wanted to use it more regularly than me.

I hope this info might help any fellow unruly, frizzy hair sufferers who, like me, were at their wit's end with waiting.
laine
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
My hair is dry, flyaway, frizzy and kind of curly/wavy/kinky/straight all at once

This is me. I never did understand how one hair section is wavy move 1/2 inch it is staight move 1/2 inch over and it is curly!!!
where did you purchase and the cost if you don't mind my asking.

Also, do you have any HG hair products?
laine
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
sorry for the weird & long quote that wasn't you. No idea what I did Confused
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:19 am      Reply with quote
Blimey, if you have hair like me, then you have my sympathy! Shock Wink

These hairdryers cost around £35-£40 normally (approx $64-$73), but I bought mine from eBay for £11 (approx $20). The description said that the box was slightly damaged, but that everything was in perfect condition and working order inside - which it was.

I'm not sure where you live, but if you're in the UK and want to know the name of the seller, please PM me and let me know. If you're not in the UK, then the voltage would be wrong for you and it'd be best to buy one in your own country.

As for HG hair products. I (mostly) get pretty nice results from using Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo, followed by Redken Soft Conditioner. Then I use a microfibre towel to squeeze any excess water out after washing my hair, then apply John Frieda Frizz Ease Emergency Treatment Leave-In Spray. Finally, I distribute some Bumble & Bumble Curl Creme (absolutely love this stuff!) into my hair and wind it around in sections, leaving it to mostly dry. When it is mostly dry, I gently let my hair down and leave it to dry the rest of the way.

This routine doesn't produce perfect results every time, but if you have hair like me, then you'll know what it's like trying to tame it!

My hair just does its own thing, really, and I wake up every morning looking different. Oh, how I wish it would behave! Mad Very Happy

happyhippie's got me really wondering about the Morrocan Method at the moment, and I'm also interested in maybe trying the Jessicurl products.

So what do you use in the neverending struggle against unruly hair? Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:24 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |