Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hormonal Hair styles/color change "What was I thinking?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Rule: Never, I mean never get a major change in hair style or color when you are going through one of the following:

Pregnancy, Postpardum, or PMS!!!

I learned from the first two and obviously was not thinking when I was going through PMS this time. I had my hair colored and had the brilliant idea that I should go dark-with PERMENANT COLOR!!!! What the %#@*????

I can't believe I did that. It is expensive enough to have my hair done and now I have to correct it to lighten it up. Even my stylist had tried to talk me out of this before and this time I insisted so what could she do but indulge me. I soooo regret it.

ALWAYS look at the calendar first before making an decision like this.

Anyone ever do something like this when the hormones were raging?
I'm Kiki
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Not hormones, but boredom... I cut my then, waist lenght hair into a short shag... I guess I didn't learn my lesson, because several years later, I did it again, out of boredom..

I think I've learned my lesson now!
LandB
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to check the calendar for all the stupid times I've had layers cut into my hair, after the agony of growing them out and swearing never to do it again. Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I couldn't handle birth control pills... they made me so crazy.. I was only on them for a couple months back when I was 18, but I chopped off all my hair myself to 2 inches long. I promptly grew it out to the point where it was long enough for hair extensions (took a couple months). I had to spend a thousand on them but it was worth it. No more hair extensions for me (its long on its own now) but I'll never have short hair again and I'm done experimenting with colors (I've had EVERY color hair). So I feel your pain.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
Once, I had the wild idea to go red. I've been blonde my whole life, and decided to go Angie Everhart red....NOT GOOD. It took months to correct it!
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
I'm Kiki wrote:
Not hormones, but boredom... I cut my then, waist lenght hair into a short shag... I guess I didn't learn my lesson, because several years later, I did it again, out of boredom..

I think I've learned my lesson now!

Me too. Boredom. I cut my hair short once a couple years back after having long hair pretty much forever. It was cute and fun until the novelty wore off and I wanted my old hair back. really, I'd like to have short hair, but I just don't have the hair texture for it. I'd have pyramid shaped hair. Something akin to an afro.

Right now my hair is getting too long, but I'm actually afraid to go get it cut. I'm feeling a "just chop it all off" mood coming on. Damn humidity! Rolling Eyes
Seeking~HG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:33 am      Reply with quote
Every single time I've had my hair color altered (dyed, highlighted, etc.) in a shop, I've hated it. So I've learned to just do it myself, but only using demi-permanent hair color. That way, if I don't like the results, it isn't permanent. And then the roots don't show either! I find it's easier to just let the color fade gradually and apply it again as needed. It's also an easy way to allow yourself to experiment with shades/mixing shades. Believe me, I've had some miserable salon experiences (I even ended up with greenish hair once!).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:38 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to mention, for some reason, around that time of the month, my hair seems to loose its body and luster, and that's when I always feel like I need a haircut or some new "miracle" hair product. I can totally understand where you were coming from, wenrwdy@aol.com. I guess we're just a little off balance both physically and mentally when our hormones are raging! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:54 am      Reply with quote
another great tip for when NOT to go to the hairdressers - when your hungover...terrible terrible mistake rofl

Location: Denmark. Me = 32, think I'm combo without oiliness + sometimes sensitive. Have noticed that skin doesn't heal as quickly anymore and I've developed fine lines around my eyes... Hormonal breakouts which are sometimes cystic. PCOS
Janna
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:08 am      Reply with quote
Here's one more.... NEVER NEVER get all your hair chopped off after breaking up with your boyfriend unless you have given it some serious thought!! I did it as a symbolic act to start fresh but I just did not think it through. My head looked like a peach with some fuzz on top. Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:57 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |