Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Equivalent to Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
Is there anything that is equivalent to Copper Peptides in actions. I means similair or almost as good? There are so many plants and oils and substances that say that they regenerate skin cells and tissue and are great for wound healing etc., yet I don't know how they compare to Copper Peptides. Is there nothing as good as Copper Peptides? I don't really understant the Peptide thing either. What about substances and oils that are naturally high in Copper? Do those work for skin healing and regeneration? I like the effects that are contributed to Copper Peptides, but I don't want a bunch of parabens etc. if there is something else that will work similar to it. Thanks.
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:37 am      Reply with quote
BYRG I believe that the copper needs to be bound to the peptides for it to be effective at healing and regenerating. I don't think that using products high in copper would work in fact free copper can be damaging to your skin. Check out this article on copper peptides, it should answer some of your questions and does a better job of explaining than I could!

http://www.smartskincare.com/treatments/copper.html

HTH
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks. I don't think minerals and nutrients in whole foods and oils are free, as they are part of a whole complex plus the amino acids in the food. Although interesting article.

It's just really hard as a consumer to know if there is a huge difference between different products and substances. Esp. when they claim to do the same or similar action. Like there are all natural products made out of oils and extracts etc. that are supposed to regenerate skin tissue and get rid of scar tissue as well. I have no idea how the results compare to copper peptides though nor could I....

Maybe I should use both, I don't know. I wonder if that's ok. I won't know what had a bigger effect that way but maybe I would be more assured of results though. I have this big scar on my arm from a road rash that the wound has been fully healed for a while. That was in Feb. though. It seems to be taking forever to look normal again. I know that the skin remodeling process takes up to 2 years Sad However the more I can help the process the better chance I'll probably have of not having a permanent scar there, hopefully. : )

http://www.smbessentials.com/item--Skin-Regen-scar-healing-treatment-1-2-oz--skinregen
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BRYG

Quote:
It's just really hard as a consumer to know if there is a huge difference between different products and substances. Esp. when they claim to do the same or similar action

Too true.

I'm a long-term CP user, but haven't had to deal with any scars.

I really recommend you read the CP info on this sitewww.theskincareboard.com firstly because there are a lot of CP users there so these questions get asked frequently and secondly they have a host who really seems able to read through all the hype and science and give some answers.

Search with her name as the author DebbieNIR. (You could search for parabens while you're there because I found that interesting.)

I don't like to rely on one person's advice, but it's definitely worth reading some of it.

HTH M Wink
BYRG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Molly. I'll check that board. I just thought they might be too biased over there, selling the stuff.

As a long time CP user, what results have you noticed from it?
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi BYRG

They're absolutely NOT selling the stuff.

They do have a close relationship to DianaYvonne's website, but actually the main core of users were chucked off the old Skinbio website for critisizing and analysing their CPs.

Yes, if the board sources a good new product it often ends up on Dianayvonne in the end, but they do also criticise her products, although they have similar principles in making product selections as her so they're not that critical of her choices.

I come and go as a long-term CP user. I started with the mildest stuff in my mid-thirties, it immediately gave me a boost to my general skin health and glow.

For the past two or three years I've used them very little. I got caught up in the general EDS rave scene. Last year I was experimenting with the very strongest for my hyperpigmentation and had *amazing* results. It took a few months but I'm rid of my oldest piece of hyperpigmentation you can see the merest hint of it at the edges. I spot treated targetting only this patch because I needed convincing that it was the CPs and not the C or anything else. I also tanned inbetween and it didn't return so I'm thoroughly convinced that it's doing something healing and permanent.

I had to give up the strong CPs because I had someone staying at my flat regularly and it's embarrassing to explain looking like a Martian in the mornings (it does make your skin green).

I've been back on them for the past couple of months. I've added Super CP serum for the first time (mostly daytime) and this seems to absorb and work much better than the gentler (PR) creams I was using before and I really feel it's given me some general glow again.I'm back on the Supercop X 2 cream on the rest of my hyperpigmentation only 3 times a week or so at night. It really is breaking up and going. Hopefully I can stick at it this time.

I think that the CP Superserum is giving me thicker skin and I really have nothing else collagen inducing to use at the moment. In fact even my lines (forehead and where my eyes meet the top of my cheeks) are looking a little reduced but I never know whether I can claim the CPs are doing this becaues there's no 'control' to compare too.

I've also drastically changed my diet the past couple of weeks because I've been very run down recently - that could help.

The problem with the CPs is that you really need the strongest ones to get anywhere along with strong exfoliation. Most people can't tolerate that on their face, but they seem to have a lot of success on thicker skin on the rest of their bodies. So I think it could be a good option for your arm scar.

Get some advice over there. honestly they're not selling anything.

M
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't trust anything on the Skinbio forum on the other hand; they edit titles, delete posts, ban users - really shoddy stuff. I'm quite sorry I have to use their CPs, which is another reason why I dropped them for a bit.

I wanted to edit the post above, but can't.

Just to add a couple of things: I think the biggest difference I got when I first used CPs was that my skin felt like it really had 'true' internal moisturization. It had been turning dryer into my thirties. I was only on clarins at the time, but as in your other post the longer I used it the dryer my skin became - in the end if I didn't slap on the Clarins I was dry. I don't even use moisturiser these days.

The other thing is I'm not convinced about their wrinkle reduction capability. After posting I realised I've also been testing the Green Cream (retinol) on my eye meets cheek problem for a few weeks and that's really working.

My only other lines are the dynamic foreheady kind and they seem a bit better.

It's so difficult to rave about something slow acting. I've been biding my time and often want to put up a review, but I'm waiting until the rest of my hyperpigmentation goes and then I might do the tan test again and then I can say once and for all.

I could go on and on.........and in fact I do.

M Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |