Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is with the methods of highlighting hair these days?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:39 am      Reply with quote
YEARS ago when you had your hair highlighted with foils they would take down sections of your foils one at a time when the hair reached the shade they wanted. MAYBE a toner wold be added, maybe not. If so it was very light and you walked out with the highlighted hair you wanted.

Nowdays they just keep it all on for the same amount of time and naturally some parts are too light then others. so they have to add a toner to calm those parts down but then it makes your whole head darker then what you wanted. these toners are just to fix their mistakes b/c they were too lazy to take the time to process your hair in sections as it lightens.

I'm so sick of spending so much time in the chair getting sooooo many foils put in and spending the money on it and being FORCED to spend more on a toner and walk out with hair that is not even as light as I wanted and usually I have to go back in to get it lighter and essentially damaging my hair more.

My hair is sooo messed up now b/c of all this and what can I do now?

Just venting thanks...
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:39 am      Reply with quote
aww sorry to hear about that. Maybe your just with the wrong stylist. I would suggest switching stylists if your not satisfied
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh this has happened over and over and over again. they just try and get as many clients in and out these days, that's about it.

My own fault. I feel like I have been so vain about my hair lately that I probably deserve it and need to focus on other things.

I can't have my hair long with it being this damaged. They suggested treatments but I think once a hair shaft is damaged, you can't build from that. You just have to grow it out.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
what color is your hair??? Redkin makes a blonde shampoo, conditioner and toner that I use on a regular basis. It really makes my blonde highlights better than when I leave the salon.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Toners aren't supposed to be damaging to the hair. Bleach is very damaging. Many hair stylists use a powerful bleach to get your hair light as fast as possible without caring about damage. I've had many hair stylists do this to my hair whenever i would go to mall salons where they want to push in and out as many clients as possible in a day. They would let the bleach stay in the hair too long and this over processes the hair. If you go into hair schools where teachers train the students, you will see that teachers teach students to keep checking up with the foils to make sure the hair is not being over processed. If the right color is already desired with the hair, then the stylist would take a wet towel and take off the bleach and finish up hilighting the rest of the hair. But ofcourse many stylists care about money more than clients.
If your hair is damaged, i would suggest to stop hi-lighting and go to your natural hair color for some time until your hair becomes healthier. The next time you want hi-lighting, tell your stylist to use a low level of bleach which takes longer to make your hair lighter, this would be better on your hair. Toners are still used to take away brassiness from the hair or yellowish tones. There are many tones you can put in your hair, I guess your previous hairdresser put a toner that is a bit darker, next time ask for a light toner.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
If the right color is already desired with the hair, then the stylist would take a wet towel and take off the bleach and finish up hilighting the rest of the hair.

THAT is what I am talking about. That is the way they used to do it and my hair was never damaged.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
I find that the only ppl who do it that way is going into a hairdressing school and get your hair done. I went there before and had really nice results, but ask to book with a higher level student. The prices are very cheap, however it may take a very very long time for them to do your hair since they are still learning and have to check up with the teacher constantly.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
My stylist has never used foils on my hair when she highlights it, I always get capped. Smile I've been going to same girl for years now, followed her from one salon, to another, and now she runs her own salon in her basement, so I only get charged $40 for highlighting and toning. But anyway, she tells me she doesn't like toning, but prefers to get the color she wants from the highlight. I don't mind toning, though, because aren't they supposed to do it with semiperm, so that it will fade with time?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |